165 Assisted Living Facilities near Carmichael, CA
There are 165 Assisted Living Facilities in the Carmichael area, with 31 in Carmichael and 134 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Carmichael is $3,233 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Rancho Cordova with an average starting cost of $3,098.
To help you with your search, browse the 519 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Carmichael. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Carmichael 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rancho Cordova with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 10 families in Carmichael find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Carmichael, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Carmichael, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Carmichael
Carmichael, California is a suburb in the greater Sacramento area. This bedroom community boasts several parks, including bike trails, walking paths along the river and a botanical garden. Over 19 percent of the town's population of 63,000 are seniors aged 65 and over. To accommodate this population, Carmichael has 53 assisted living facilities, with a further 220 in the Sacramento metro area. California regulates assisted living facilities through their Department of Social Services, with the Senior Care Licensing Program designated to monitor residential care facilities for the elderly and continuing care retirement communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Carmichael
Carmichael has hot summers and mild winters. July high temperatures average around 94 degrees, January lows are 39 and annual rainfall is light. Those seniors sensitive to high heat may be uncomfortable, but those with health conditions that are alleviated by warm weather will find relief.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest, violent crime rates in the Carmichael area are 51.5 as compared to the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crime rates are 51.3 as compared to the U.S. average of 38.1.
- The cost of living in Carmichael is 141.6, compared to a U.S. base of 100. Health care is 10 points lower, while grocery costs are in line with the rest of the country. Housing costs, however, are more than twice the U.S. average which may affect the cost of some assisted living facilities.
- Public bus transportation for Carmichael residents is provided through the Carmichael Regional Transit department. Seniors may be eligible for reduced fares. Further public transportation via bus and light rail is provided by the Sacramento Regional Transit District. Paratransit and discounted fares are available for seniors and those with a qualifying disability.
- Carmichel, as part of the greater Sacramento area, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Carmichael area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercy San Juan Medical Center and UC Davis Carmichael/Citrus Heights Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Carmichael
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Carmichael start around $3,233 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Carmichael and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Carmichael
Senior citizens in Carmichael, as in all of California, may be eligible for the Assisted Living Waiver which is a Home and Community Based Services waiver. It was created by legislation that directed the California Department of Health Care Services to help accommodate those who need financial assistance with senior living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Carmichael
Carmichael and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Carmichael, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Carmichael
Carmichael-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Carmichael, CA
Other Options in Carmichael, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Carmichael
Review of Atria El Camino Gardens
My mother was in Atria El Camino Gardens before she passed away. It was lovely. Mom was there for three years. She made a lot of friends there and at the beginning, she did a lot of activities befo... Read more
Review of Atria Carmichael Oaks
Atria has gone above and beyond during an unprecedented year in keeping all of the residents safe (no outbreaks), happy, healthy, WELL fed, and having fun. Thank you so much from the bottom of my h... Read more
Review of Atria El Camino Gardens
My tour at Atria El Camino Gardens was wonderful and very thorough. We got to see the different areas where the seniors have their meals, and we got to see the salon. They showed us what one of the... Read more