Eskaton Village Carmichael

Reviews of Eskaton Village Carmichael

Assisted Living Reviews for Eskaton Village Carmichael

September 26, 2017

By Richard Hagarty

My father loves living here, and my brothers and sisters all rest easier knowing the quality of care he receives. The staff is wonderful and create a family like atmosphere for the residents. I would highly recommend Eskaton Village.

September 26, 2017

By Ron vonRajes

My wife and I moved into Eskaton Carmichael Assisted Living about 1 1/2 years ago from our home. Our first impression was "Wow!" It was like moving into a country club from its impressive landscaping, large pond with flowing fountains, and lush green lawns beneath a variety of towering trees. And the quality of service we receive here as residents is equally as impressive. The staff is exceptionally friendly and ready to accommodate us and meet our many needs. The food service is exceptional from its preparation to the serving. The cleanliness of the entire campus -- stem to stern -- is very notable. Activities and special programs are appropriate to our level of care. Management and distribution of personal medications assures health needs are met in a timely manner. An outdoor glassed-in swimming pool and exercise rooms are available for fitness activities. Twice a week a happy hour, with wine or punch, is filled with entertainers bent on making this a pleasant experience. In all, Eskaton does a great job of transforming the aging experience.

December 16, 2016

By Richard681303

Eskaton was equally good, and the staff was helpful and pleasant. The rooms were smaller, but nice, clean, and well maintained. It was far from where I live. They had calendar of activities and offered shuttle services.

By Lila014531

Really good care, and the food was excellent. Everybody was nice to me. I would recommend it.

September 14, 2016

By Kay783556

Staff is very kind. It has many activities. I especially like all music programs.

September 14, 2016

By Deserie

I visit my mom frequently and I have always received top quality service here. All of the staff is friendly and helpful. We can’t be happier that our mother lives in such a quality place. Absolutely wonderful food and service!

March 15, 2016

By Anonymous Visitor18

Eskaton Village Carmichael is a very attractive, bright, and cheerful community. The staff was very helpful in showing me around the place. I saw a lot of nice options and activities. I think this would be the right place for me.

February 09, 2016

By kalstad

Eskaton Village Carmichael was very well-appointed, it had everything you would want. I was not impressed with the food, and the dining room. I was not very pleased with the surrounding community. The gal I spoke with was very nice, and I thought everyone was nice too. They have a lot of space, and all the things that everyone needs. The place around the facility just didn’t appeal to me. The rooms looked very adequate, and very nice. I don’t have anything negative to say about the facility itself. I just don’t think it’s appropriate for our situation. The food choice was average, and the food servers were not extra wonderful.

June 10, 2015

By campkoloa

Eskaton surpassed my expectations. I've been here less than a year and find it is a warm, friendly environment, with caring staff and lovely neighbors. I feel fortunate that I moved here. Camp Koloa Grandmother, previously from Honolulu

June 10, 2015

By justinp

Other

Kim, Sandy and the entire team at Eskaton Village in Carmichael are as amazing as the community they work for! There are so many living arrangements: from apartments to private cottages. The vast community offers a serene, park-like setting. The food is amazing!! All of my clients that I have helped move into this community are extremely satisfied and grateful. It is tops on my list for recommendations in the area! Thank you, Kim and Sandy, for treating our mutual clients so well and making the entire process for them smooth and pleasant! Justin Prillwitz -Senior Transitions Specialty Service -SRES Realtor

July 02, 2012

By content1

wonderful care of a loved one for 3 years. They took good care of my family as we watched and waited for our family member to succumb to this disease.

Independent Living Reviews for Eskaton Village Carmichael

May 18, 2017

By polarlove

I was considering moving my father into a apartment in independent living of Eskaton. Then I found out how rude and disrepesctful the dining room manager is. She made one of the residents cry and yelled at her infront of everyone.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Please feel free to contact the executive director at any time. Greg Klick

April 05, 2017

By Roland025746

I regularly (Sunday brunch, Thursday lunch, Tuesday breakfast) visit my mom who is in memory care, and I would rate the services provided as excellent. The caregivers, assistants, and food service folks are always cheerful and caring. I am very happy to have my mom staying at Eskaton Village Carmichael.

April 01, 2017

By Mark757562

Fabulous service, delicious food and joyful atmosphere. Thank you for being the best!

March 31, 2017

By Patricia780030

Eskaton has always provided above and beyond expectations—always welcoming and warm. Their Sunday brunch is especially well done providing anything anyone could possibly want. Thank you, Eskaton.

March 17, 2017

By Joan325423

I love how friendly the residents and staff are. The food is always excellent and beautifully presented. The wait staff are mostly college age and very attentive to our needs. There are many activities and committees from which to choose. Therefore, we are always interacting with others, keeping our brains and bodies active. I believe people live longer here! I consider EVC a "land cruise!"

February 17, 2017

By Nancy221053

Anita is wonderful! Knows both my parents by name. Makes sure they get exactly what they requested. Always smiling and friendly! She's the best! Food is wonderful!

February 09, 2017

By anonymous260158

We’ve chosen Eskaton Village because of the beautiful grounds. They have water aerobics as part of the fitness program. There are different meals plans, where they can eat one, two, or three times a day. The staff is very informative

December 14, 2016

By John643175

Outstanding! Great staff!

December 04, 2016

By David143562

I always enjoy eating meals at Eskaton as the selection of items is excellent and of delicious and tasty quality. The service is wonderful as staff are helpful and happy to serve. Anita, especially, is wonderful to my mother and me for anticipating our needs and greeting us as "family". Always delightful to be in her hands!

November 29, 2016

By Lorraine533050

Timely, attentive, tasty. Edgar went out of his way to please.

November 22, 2016

By Bille357774

Excellent service, a variety of food options, fresh fruits and salad bar.

November 04, 2016

By Peter276583

Excellent. Anita is a great leader and runs a tight ship, as is needed.

October 21, 2016

By Nancy833853

The apartments are really nice in independent living at Eskaton Village Carmichael. The rooms range from 500 square feet up to 1,200 square feet. The dining room is very good restaurant-style dining. It has a swimming pool, hot tub, putting green, and a lot of transportation options, like a shuttle that can take you to your doctor's appointment. They can also drive you using your own car to your appointments. They offer three meals a day, but Mom only pays for one. They have a full-time nurse and some really good professional people, as well as an Alzheimer's support group.

By Dennis603630

Good food, good service, nutritional and portion controlled.

By Julie446108

Anita is the best employee you have. She has done an outstanding job for 10 years in training personnel, handling residents and their families. It is a pleasure to stay here because of Anita.

August 29, 2016

By Brian802547

Anita runs a wonderful dining room. Servers are well trained and always polite and helpful.

June 30, 2016

By Joan and Brian314783

We loved the Calamity Jazz concert, especially the bass saxophonist! She had no measures of rest and played continuously for every piece. She was extremely instrumental in keeping the rhythm and interesting bass accompaniment. The trumpeter was highly accomplished and added excitement to every piece. Also very competent were the banjo played and clarinetist. We loved their music. The audience members were clapping and smiling.

June 24, 2016

By Larry K.182285

Excellent, professional, caring, my mom had been to another care rehab facility about 10 yrs ago. She couldn't stand it and demanded I get her out within hrs of arriving. She is being treated so well here. I don't think she wants to ever leave.

June 21, 2016

By Donna & Kathy168634

Toured this beautiful facility today; it’s very clean, spacious, and beautiful furnishings in common areas. Friendly and helpful staff. Shanti provided excellent, thorough information and even treated us to a delicious lunch at the facility. The food was excellent!

June 18, 2016

By Amy028321

Eskaton employees are always so friendly and welcoming! The facilities are beautiful!

June 17, 2016

By Delois626623

Regarding the entertainment provided for the residents on Thursday night, may 12. A fine piece jazzy band called “Calamity Jane” that was so enjoyable. They were excellent - played all the songs we had heard of, and we could not keep from tapping our toes and clapping our hands - wishing we could get up and dance. It was wonderful! Hope they can come back soon to play for us.

June 17, 2016

By Alice431814

From the moment I arrived, I have been treated with extreme dignity in every way of care - food services - medical care. Every area show professionalism, clothing, speech, mannerism. I am a nurse and have never in a hospital like this.

June 14, 2016

By Janie K.670127

Outstanding! I like the idea that “All Employees” get along here and I get a handshake from them.

June 10, 2016

By Gea260520

Eskaton Village was not as friendly and a little bit colder because people looked the other way and were busy. It was beautiful. The rooms were comfortable and nice. You put your own furniture in it, so it would look the way you want it to, but that just didn’t appeal to me personally for what my sister-in-law would need.

June 10, 2016

By Nanci M.384723

Excellent service & atmosphere. We enjoyed the experience very much.

May 10, 2016

By Herbert7

I was impressed by the range of services at Eskaton Village. The upkeep of the facility was very good. I was interested in the little cottages, which were very nicely appointed. They have a pool.

July 28, 2015

By Jo23

She picked Eskaton Village Carmichael. It’s an expensive community. If you have the money you can live there. They have everything available to you. People know and care about each other.

June 21, 2015

By Charlie10

Eskaton Village was very nice; it had lots of options and was very spacious. The staff was very nice.

June 12, 2015

By Happy and content

I have been a resident of Eskaton for a year and a half. Moving here was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It is a very safe and nurturing environment with all at the extras one could imagine--beautiful friends, pastoral grounds, security, a lovely dining room, fairness center and enclosed pool, and 24 hour security. Life is good!

March 25, 2015

By James104125550

Eskaton was very nice inside, and the rooms were large. The dining room looks fine too. The activities were very good like bingo and crafts. I really like the facility itself and the apartments. The staff was very helpful and caring.

December 30, 2014

We liked Eskaton because it is less than a mile from where we live, and my father had been there before he passed away. They have gone through some changes, and I really could not answer even on a scale how they were other than my experience with them prior was positive. From what I understand, security was good.

January 10, 2014

By cheralyn

This is a Disneyland for older adults. They WOWed me with the knowledge and professionalism of the sales ladies and everyone I came in contact with during the time I was touring. They have so much to do and see as well as many differnt options in living quarters. They have cute cottages. I loved the 2 bedroom cottages and before I left I put my deposit down and am so excited to be moving in this spring. I am so glad I found Eskaton Village.

November 26, 2013

By Beverly24

I was looking for a facility that had independent living with its own living quarters. I have a dog and I don't want to live in an apartment with a dog. Eskalon Village had a little cottage that was available, one bedroom, one bathroom, a kitchen and living room. It was nice because it was like your own home. You're not living with someone attached to both sides or above you or below you. It was just an independent house and they were going to do a lot of remodeling to it. They're exceptional and very good at what they're doing. They have very helpful employees and the food is good. They provide a lot of transportation, meals and housekeeping. Everything about Eskaton Village was fine but it was too expensive. I just couldn't afford to live there.

October 11, 2012

By proudgrandson82

It is a gated community which, in general, I tend to disagree with most of our cultural idea of how to care for our elderly, but they regularly bus in performances, and bus residents out to concerts, events, church, and the like. When I had to deal with staff members, all of them had a clear idea of their duties and who to seek if my questions were out of their knowlege base. It felt a little bit like dealing with the staff at a Disney World resort. Almost anyone was able to answer my questions, and they all answered them with the same, non conflicting, answers.

Nursing Home Reviews for Eskaton Village Carmichael

September 10, 2016

By Brandi511588

It was excellent. Brandi was awesome and took care of my mother Rose.

August 31, 2016

By Billy770363

I like to say Eskaton Village is a fine organization from management to nurses and all in between. My wife and I want to say thanks to all. I would highly recommend the village.

August 25, 2016

My father and I have been very pleased with the care received at this facility. My father just said “The food is very good”. On my visit, I have been impressed by the caring attitudes of the various staff members. My father had commented on how nice everyone had been.

By Shirley031530

Service here was excellent especially the therapy. Food was really good and it was a nice place to recover.

By George455347

All of the nurses are friendly and go out of their way to provide help and information.

By Alda

The quality was over the top. Brandi inspired me to have confidence in myself to take the next step in living.

June 30, 2016

By Rosie726312

Good quality, caring experience. Special thanks to Eric and the physical/occupational therapists for all the good help they gave me.

June 25, 2016

By Gordon N.236655

I had the best care I could have hoped for. Competent, caring employees, at all levels. Always willing to go the distance and then some! Physical/occupational personnel were all outstanding.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Eskaton Village Carmichael

December 08, 2016

By Stacy320531

During breakfast, my grandfather had a choking episode, turned white and stopped breathing. The staff in memory care were able to assess the situation quickly and carefully and gave my grandfather excellent care. They were able to revive him and he is doing well now.

September 19, 2016

By Lisa423008

My overall impression of Eskaton Village was that I wished I could move in myself tomorrow. Everything is very nice -- the facility, the grounds, and the people. They really make the residents feel like they are the customer, and they are to take care of them. The food is beyond wonderful; it’s outstanding. The rooms are large, bright, and clean. The kitchens looked like a miniature real kitchen from a house. They have a regular size refrigerator, granite counter tops, and actual cover. They’ve done things like some of the things and some of the facilities, like they would take the fiber glass tab and kind of section out of it. At the villages, they have a glass door that has a squeaky bottom, and it literally is a flat surface you walked straight across the tile into the shower without having to step over anything.

June 08, 2016

By The family of a 103 year old

We are so thankful a bed was available at the Eskaton Village Skilled Nursing Unit when our Mother was discharged from the hospital. It takes a team to mend a patient and the Eskaton Village Skilled Nursing Unit is a caring and competent community. The care our Mother received during her 2 month rehabilitation stay in the Skilled Nursing Unit was exceptional. The CNA’s need to be acknowledged for their genuine concern, patience and attentiveness. The RN’s skillfully assessed her needs and kept the family informed of health concerns. The rehabilitation therapists built her confidence and strengthened her body. They guided her through challenges with humor and made therapy fun. The dining room staff was very courteous and always available to provide nourishment. The other staff who completed the team were helpful and accessible. The rooms in the Skilled Nursing Unit were bright, clean and each bed had a window with a pleasant view. The food at Eskaton Village was very good. And, the grounds are beautifully landscaped and a pleasure to stroll around. EVERYONE we met at Eskaton Village was friendly and greeted us with a warm smile.

September 30, 2015

By Gerald Kolling

From the moment I checked in, all the staff from admin to nurses, made me feel that I am their only patient. Your organization is the best I've seen in 10 years. Thanks to each and everyone!

April 27, 2015

By Jonathan3

My parents are staying in Eskaton. We are not happy about it, but it is too late because they don't have enough money to go anywhere else. One of them was already in the independent living and then transitioned into the assisted living. It is clean and beautiful. The facility is pretty good, but their whole setup of selling a membership is very unfair and unkind to clients who aren't millionaires. When my parent made the transition to assisted living, they told us that they could have everything moved out by the end of the month, so we rushed, and then later they told us, "Well, we can't. He still has to pay the double rent for 60 days." They can't sell it to another client. So we rushed and lost track of a lot of things because they told us we would save him some money by hurrying, and now they forced 60 more days. My parents lost certain things and a lot of money, and they didn't understand that. In fact, we had friends who took a lawyer with them when they signed the contract, and the lawyer said, "Well, I understand it, and yes it is legal, but nobody who is not a lawyer or any potential client that comes in, they are not going to understand that they are throwing away potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars." Everything in the contract was apparently legally worded but not in plain English. The care staff is very nice, very cordial, and very friendly, but they are not good at self-initiating the actual assistance in the daily living skills that he needs assistance with.

Jonathan, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations with the Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) model. I appreciate you being attentive to your parents’ needs and looking out for them. Please know you can reach out to our Executive Director Greg Click, 916-924-2000, at any time to discuss any concerns you and your family have. Sincerely, Lola Rain, Director of Digital Media

See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

• General Store
  • Pool

• Internet Enabled Rooms

About Eskaton Village Carmichael

Welcome Home . . . Eskaton Village Carmichael (The Village) is a Continuing Care retirement Community (CCRC) and offers independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care on 37 beautifully landscaped acres. Located in Carmichael, the Village is close to shopping, medical offices and parks and is nestled in a quiet neighborhood community. Eskaton Village Carmichael residents enjoy the conveniences of retirement along with the benefits of living in an active community where one can do as much or as little as desired both in the area of physical fitness and socialization.

The vast 37-acre campus is complete with putting green, fitness center, indoor pool, walking paths, beauty salons, chapel, library and even a bocce court. A full time fitness coordinator is available for individual as well as group fitness and excellent educational and entertainment guests are available daily. Our dining services are excellent. Residents are provided many choices in food options and many residents describe their dining experience like being on a cruise. A full time chef is on hand to ensure high quality dining services and individual nutritional needs are recognized. For solitude, residents take advantage of the well-stacked library and garden patios. And when privacy is desired, individual apartments and cottages offer the quiet and comfort of home.

Apartment Features

Temperature Control, Emergency Call System

Bathrooms: Private

Facility Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Chapel Services, Internet Access, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Facility Parking, Private Laundry, 24 hour security at Gate, Overnight Guest Room, Guest Meals, Room Service, Pharmaceutical Service, Separate Therapy Room, Transportation, Pet Permitted

Map of Eskaton Village Carmichael