Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living

Reviews of Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living

August 03, 2016

By dont display

This place is great. The staff is superb. They treated our father (and us, too!) with kindness and dignity. He loved the people, the activities, and the food (we thought the food was awful, though. I had salad twice that was limp and old and the dressings seemed loaded with sugar. Service was always super slow, too.) Sadly, our father passed away. I am so glad he was staying here and enjoyed many good times and was treated so well while alive. I would recommend this facility to anyone needed assisted or retirement, or even hospice care.

November 17, 2015

By Toni The Red Tiger

This community has wonderful cooks and wonderful food. They just didn’t have any openings for me when I went there. The size of the facility was pretty good, but the one-bedroom was way too small. The food and cook really stood out.

September 30, 2015

I visited a friend here. The place was beautiful and very sophisticated. We had a welcome lunch when my friend moved in, and the food was very good. Overall, it was a nice visit.

May 04, 2015

By Chris106584350

Mom is in this community. We choose it because my mother loves it there. She really likes the atmosphere and what the area looks like. She even decided to take a small apartment because of the cost rather than go someplace else because she really enjoys being there very much. She is a first impression kind of person, and she has a nice warm feeling as she walks in. She really enjoys the spaciousness of the common areas. She likes the meals there. The cost plus being able to move to a secure place she needs to all in one location is a plus, and it is a familiar area to her. It is not too far from her friends to visit. All of those are the considerations, but the important thing is that she is very at home there, and she smiles a lot when she is there. The staff is very nice. The food is good and cooks to her liking. She likes the fact that she can eat anytime that she wants to. It is not structured, and to her that is important too. Me, personally, I like that there is a nurse on staff.

January 29, 2015

By Jan46

I loved it and would have taken it in a minute if I were ready and if they had an opening. One of the things I liked was their open dining. It's not regimented wherein you can sit where you want and eat when you want. It is wonderful. I have eaten there before, and the food is good. It's just a cheerful, bright, and clean place. I have looked at the one-bedroom, and it has a very nice size. It had a living room, bedroom, and kitchen. The bathroom is wonderful, and I wish I had their shower. They have a lot of activities. I had a friend that lived there and whenever I went to see her she was out somewhere. They have a shuttle bus that takes people here and there and everywhere. Two days a week, they take people to doctor's appointments. They have a button in the apartment which the residents have to press in the morning so that everybody knows you are OK. If the button doesn't get pressed, they come and see you.

June 17, 2014

Pretty much all of the activities that go on here are on the first floor. They have 100 plus apartments and they are in the second and third floor. This community is relatively newer and brighter. They offer independent and assisted living and it is in good location near medical hospital and doctors. We had a good and positive feeling about it. The staff was friendly and attentive but right now it is just based on a couple of visits we had. We looked at their calendar of activities and it appeared that it is an active community. We also looked at their studios and I would say they were a good size, not huge, but they're appropriate.

June 10, 2014

It is nice. It looks good, it looks clean. It seems like a nice place. The cost was a little bit higher. They didn't have balconies on the rooms for their assisted living, and I wanted a balcony. It did seem a very clean place.

May 29, 2014

By Janene1

The people were very nice, very friendly, and accommodating. The staff's work ethics were great! There were a lot of people around at that time, and they did have a board list of activities that were going on. The apartments, though, were tiny and old, but the dining room looked nice.

May 09, 2014

We made a quick tour. I was very happy with the visit. The staff and the service are fine. I thought the rooms were very nice; they have both private rooms and shared rooms. They have bathrooms. The dining area was very attractive. It was very clean. I was pleased with the ambience.

April 26, 2014

I visited and I liked the coordinator. She was very tactful and realistic. The facility seemed to be very clean. The rooms were very nice. It had a small kitchen and a bathroom. The staff seemed to be most helpful, and the residents seemed to be well taken care of.

October 26, 2013

By Rhapsuedee

I chose this facility because of the happy positive nature of all of the staff and residents. I love all the activities and all the delightfully decorated sitting areas. It is a very warm caring community.

June 25, 2013

By La Verna

I had a friend whose mother had been here so they recommended it. The location was closer to where my friend lives which would be a consideration. Again it was very nice but the residents were older and in fact the lady there told me I wasn't ready for it which I was not. She was indicating that their residents were sort of older and needed more care and not quite as active.

Independent Living Reviews for Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living

April 04, 2019

By BBress

Although the facility is great and staff is pleasant, I'm not happy with the management. High turnover; ridiculous billing system; inflexibility regarding provision of assistance (no mechanism for getting medication management on 3rd floor) make this tough on my mom, who is legally blind. Cogir has a cookie-cutter approach to EVERYTHING. Which means if the resident is an outlier to the norm, their needs are likely NOT to be met.

October 03, 2013

By Sue26

We met with a staff lady there and she was friendly. When we visited they were full so we needed get a chance to look at the rooms, but the place is very clean. They were a lot of residents sitting around chatting, doing a puzzle, and playing cards . They were up and about doing unstructured activities.

Questions about Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are very outgoing and social, we have a very fun group of residents that like to be social, attend activities they like, play cards, poker and go on outings. We also have a nice group that really enjoy reading, doing crafts and playing Bingo. Our group is very outgoing and they welcome new residents in and spend time getting to know them. They will invite new comers down for meals, Happy Hour, activities etc., so they can get to know people and the community better.

What programs or activities does Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer daily exercise to start the day off right. Activities range from Outings to restaurants, Thunder Valley Casino, Concerts in the Park, Studio Movie Grill outings etc., we also have a wide range of activities inside our community. We have avid card players, from Poker, Black Jack, Pinochle and Cribbage, also lots of fun is Mexican Train and Bingo every Monday night. We have a variety of arts and crafts that we do, along with bringing in outside sources to teach us to paint or do a special craft. We have a strong women's and men's coffee group. We love our movie theater and have Movies 5-7 times a week with fresh popped popcorn. The highlight each week would be our Happy Hour, every Tuesday and Friday we bring in great musical entertainment and enjoy a couple cocktails with appetizers while listening and/or singing along. We also have a very nice pool table that many of our residents and/or families enjoy!

What places are near Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have a wonderful street that you can walk up to a park, we also have a shopping area that is very close with a Safeway, Dollar Store and many smaller shops as well. Across the street is also a Kohl's and Burlington Coat store and a couple smaller stores as well.

What transportation services does Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus with a lift that can take residents to their appointments as well as outings that we go to. We also have a concierge that can drive our residents if it's a day our bus is busy.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Not only do we have a truly amazing Chef, our food is delicious, presented always so nice - One of the nice things about our community is we have 'Open" dining, which means a resident can eat anytime they want from 7am - 7pm. We also are one of the few communities that offers a nice salad bar. We have fresh fruits and juices in the morning and garden salad, pasta/fruit salads in the afternoon and evening.

What safety features or security measures does Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We have a gate that surrounds our community and is locked at night around 7:30pm, we also close our main doors around 7:00, and have staff at the front desk until 11:00 to help and assist anyone that wants to come in and see someone or is returning from an outing. All the residents have a key to get in the door by the front desk as well. We also offer a pendant to our residents, so if they need assistance right away, they need only to push the button and our caring staff will up to help right away

How does Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We are in constant contact with families via telephone calls and/or emails. We have an open door policy for all family members, residents etc. that they can always come and ask questions.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

Daytime hours are 7am - 11pm and evening hours are 11pm - 7am Our staffing will very depending on how many of our residents need assistance or how many are pretty independent. Not only do we have wonderful care givers, we always have 2 med techs and at night we will have our night monitor as well through the community

If Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We love animals, yes we accept Dogs, cats and birds. We do have a nice courtyard, along with grassy areas around the communities to be able to have your animals go for a walk or just enjoy the outdoors.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Continual training is always happening at Stock Ranch Road Retirement Community. We take our knowledge very seriously and have many in services to learn new things, we also have great hands on training from our nurse or we may bring in an expert to help teach us something new in the industry.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age for our community would be mid 80's, although we have some really fun residents that are in their 70's and 90's.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We have bowling alleys, many golf courses, bingo parlor, gyms and soon will be a Studio Movie Grill right down the street from us. We are also very close to Sunrise Mall for some fun shopping.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living has organized?

Weekly restaurant outings, Monthly trips to Thunder valley Casino, Concerts in the Park, trip to move theater, Church trips, weekly grocery shopping, Trip to see the residents Pen Pals at the kids Elementary school, Snooks Chocolate trip and many more.

What transportation services does Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

Our independent Living residents use the same bus, concierge car that our Assisted Living residents do, we can also utilize Uber if needed or Go Go Grandparents as well.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

The menu for Assisted Living and Independent Living are the same menu, everyone eats together, when they are ready to eat.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

A very nice entry with sofa, chairs and a piano, our lovely living room with a nice fire place to relax by. We have a wonderful library with table and chairs for people to read or possibly sit a play cards with some friends. We also have a nice area by one of our TV's to sit and relax or possibly play a game of pool if they like, then of course our Movie Theater and our Garden Square or Harvest Faire. So many choices to enjoy, including a nice courtyard outside.

What safety features or security measures does Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

Does Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We do have outside resources that we can call on if it is needed by our resident and their PCP has ordered therapy for them.

What safety features or security measures does Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

We are a Independent and Assisted Living community and do not have people who wander. Most of our residents are able to leave the community and some are still driving. We have doors that are locked in the evening and our residents all have pendents. Also, in every apartment we have a call button system, if any resident needs help/assistance they know to push that button and we will come help. That button is also used in the morning to check in with our front desk to let us know the residents is awake and ok. If we do not have some check in we will call and check on them, and if we don't get answer from our call we then will go to their room and check on them. This is for Assisted and Independent residents.

Costs for Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living

Photos of Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living

Located in peaceful green Citrus Heights, and only a short drive from downtown Sacramento, Stock Ranch Road Retirement Community offers Independent and Assisted Living options – both with impeccable attention to care and comfort for all residents. Regardless of lifestyle, residents enjoy our premium amenities, professional care services, and well-curated activities and outings. As with all Happy Living by COGIR communities, delicious high-quality meals are served throughout the day and attentive staff is ready with a smile for any need. It is worth noting that many residents especially love Stock Ranch Road Retirement Community because of its warmth, spaciousness, and great location. There are plenty of nearby shopping, dining, and recreational areas – including the majestic Folsom Lake.

Daily Assistance

Because every resident is unique, we offer a range of services from occasional assistance to comprehensive support. With Happy Living, residents receive warm and respectful assistance from a dedicated care professional. Care-levels can increase with changing needs, as per the advice of our physical and mental health experts and after consultation with loved ones.

Happy Living communities offer a wide range of care services adapted to your needs:

• Housekeeping and concierge service
  • Attentive staff available around the clock
  • Constant concern for confidentiality and privacy
  • Assistance with mobility, hygiene, dining, dressing, and daily tasks
  • Incontinence management
  • Medication and Diabetes management

Happy Living communities are handsomely furnished with residents’ comfort and lifestyles in mind.

Residents enjoy the many different nooks and lounge areas for reading, chatting, playing cards, or simply enjoying the fire-place. The media centers are great spaces to comfortably watch a film on a large screen with friends. For game and puzzle fans there is an impressive collection to choose from and dedicated large tables to use.

Outdoor spaces are very well kept and host an abundance of trees, plants, and flowers. Residents love the peaceful walking paths of our courtyards and the comfortable chairs and tables for outdoor dining or lounging.

With resort hotel-like amenities, residents have access to concierge service and private transports in a specialized van or bus. The clean spacious apartment homes are tended by the professional housekeeping service, and almost anything you need can be brought right to your door.

Active Living

• Residents love our wide range of activities and outings.
  • The on-site Activity and Event teams are dedicated to provide entertainment and enrichment for all residents in an inviting social atmosphere. Private vans and buses allow our residents to easily shop, explore the city, and attend medical appointments.

Here are some examples of the activities you will find every day in Happy Living communities:

Physical activities

• Pool-fitness/swimming, yoga and tai-chi, walking clubs, and more!

Leisure activities

• bridge, puzzles, billiards, lawn-bowling, movies, and more!

Learning activities

• library, computer/internet lessons, film study, cultural outings, and more!

Art and music activities

• Choir, painting, drawing, and more!

For seniors needing any level of daily assistance, there are plenty of on-site activities and trips specially geared to your needs and preferences. Eat well, partake in an enriching past-time, and enjoy your comfortable Happy Living community home.

Map of Cogir of Stock Ranch Senior Living