Atria Carmichael Oaks

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

8350 Fair Oaks Blvd., Carmichael, CA 95608
Atria Carmichael Oaks (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Atria Carmichael Oaks

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Carmichael Oaks

June 06, 2019

By David

I toured Atria Carmichael Oaks. It’s a very nice place. It was recently refurbished, everything was clean, repainted, and the patrons and helpers were friendly. I believe they have a salon, they have activities, and they provide transportation.

David, It was our pleasure to show you around Atria Carmichael Oaks. We hope to see you again soon!

November 25, 2016

By Cindy538536

The rooms at Atria Carmichael Oaks are clean and well appointed. Mom has a studio in the assisted living side, and I would say it's acceptable but not very spacious. The food is amazing. They have so many activities, and this was one of the big things that made us choose this place. They have activities that cover every part of the mind, body, and soul. They have meetings and discussions about gratitude. It seems like when everybody moves in, one gets a book on gratitude. They have classes that engage the mind, stretching, and walking classes. They have guest speakers that come in. There was one about birds, and then there was a beekeeper. The staff has been attentive.

October 21, 2016

By JE337573

Atria Carmichael Oaks was not our favorite because I did not get a good impression when I walked in. Everybody was very nice, but I was keeping in mind my sister-in-law's needs as I was looking around, and I just did not feel that she would be comfortable there. The first thing that turned me off was that I could not find parking. All the parking spaces in front were for the residents of independent living, so there were very few left for the assisted living guests. The place was very nice, but I did not like the bedroom. I also felt it was closed in, and I wanted a more open place.

Thanks for visiting. Atria Carmichael Oaks is one of our smaller, more intimate communities. We do have another community nearby, Atria El Camino Gardens, which may be a better fit for your sister-in-law – we welcome you to stop by any time.

September 30, 2016

By Cheri201151

Atria Carmichael Oaks was good. It felt a little more homey because it was a smaller community. The staff showed me everything. I thought the accommodations were better, more decorated, and with more light. They had shopping trips, book clubs, movie days, and card games.

September 02, 2016

By Pnaygrow

My daughter and I absolutely loved this facility when we picked it for my sister/her aunt. It seemed very well attended to, with lots of activities and caring staff (at first). Our biggest concern was that no matter what condition my sister ended up in, she could stay here and they could take care of her (with upgraded care cost, of course) . Within five months of her moving in, they started saying that she needed significantly more intensive care, and that they would have to raise her care level (In that period of time Atria had actually been sued for poor care and pricing). We were fine with that, but my sister said she was getting less and less care and that she felt like they were trying to get rid of her. We asked the managing director, at the time, Michelle, to find out what exactly was going on, and she reassured us that they were not trying to get her out and that no matter what happened, this would be her forever home. On June 2nd they demanded that she go to the hospital for evaluation, and once she was there, Atria told the hospital that she was no longer able to return to Atria based on the severity of her condition. To make matters worse, we were out of town on business when it happened, and we only had two days to find a new facility and move all her things. As if that weren't stressful enough, Atria then charged us for the full month of June under the guise that we had moved her to a new facility on our own accord that was ranked at the same level of care as theirs, when in fact, they had denied her the ability to go back. What's worse is the effect it had on my sister. It was such a hard time for her, and the force-out made matters so much worse. Once my sister was settled in to her new place, we then spent the next three months trying to get our money back for the overcharge on the account. During that time, another additional unexplained and erroneous $2000 charge showed up that we also had to dispute. We were continually lied to about the whereabouts of the manager and any financial people who could assist us (example: she just stepped out, she's not in today and I don't know when she'll be back in, her voicemail is full, etc.) in hopes we would just go away. We had to show up in person three times, call corporate, and we went through person after person over the phone, sometimes daily, as more Artria staff were no longer there (another huge concern for this facility-high turnover). We finally resolved the issue, but the time, energy, and stress to ourselves and my sister is damage that cannot be fixed. Based on our experience, we don't see how it would be any different now- high turnover, inadequate staff at any given time, poor care providing, and questionable corporate policies and actions. We would not recommend any loved one be placed there.

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns and hope your family was able to find a community to meet your needs. If there is anything else you'd like to share with me, you can send me an email at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

July 28, 2016

By RD506807

Atria's staff seemed very pleasant, and the dining area seemed very large, very clean, and very nice. The living quarters were very nice, too. They had a lot to offer as far as activities went, and they had an exercise room, a beauty salon, and physical therapist.

July 27, 2016

By Dani310235

We liked Atria Carmichael Oaks the best. The staff was good. For the price, I liked it a lot. It was very clean, well kept, and engaging. There were a lot of senior activities, both physical and mental.

July 25, 2016

By Jim107726

Atria Carmichael Oaks was smaller, had fewer people, and was a lot darker. The dining area looked nice. I didn't like the entrance because it was hard to find the front door. The staff was very nice. Things were pretty positive.

Hi, Jim. Thanks for visiting our community and sharing your feedback – glad you had great interactions with our team members! If you'd like to tell me more about your tour experience, you can email me at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

July 11, 2016

By Jay081383

Atria Carmichael is very good, very pleasant, and clean. The people are nice, and my mom is happy, so we’re happy. My mother is in a shared room, but it’s big enough. It has large closets, the heating and air conditioning works well, and windows to look outside. It works for us and is very spacious. They post a menu ever yday, which looks appetizing but I have not tried the food; my mother likes it. They have a little exercise program, sing alongs, and music. They take them outside to the outdoor area and do different games and activities like that.

June 23, 2016

By William300037

Atria Carmichael is clean, bright, and had large ceilings. It’s a nice place with lots of care for the residents. The staff is great and have been very good to us. We observed the residents eating, and it was very nice.

June 10, 2016

By Gea260520

Atria Carmichael Oaks was great and had very good service. The people were friendly. The food is good, and the rooms were attractive. It also happens to be two minutes away from our house, which adds a huge amount of happiness. They have exercise classes, bus trips to grocery stores and shopping, and book clubs. The staff is very helpful and have been very kind to her. They all know her by her name. She’d say everybody treats her well and that she’s very happy. We ate there as part of the first introduction, and it was very nice with a nice menu. It’s attractive.

May 10, 2016

By Sharon124616950

My stepdad is in memory care of Atria Carmichael Oaks. They’re very nice too. I like the way they get the people to interact with them. They have them play bingo and they play little games with them like naming all different kinds of dogs. They bring them out into the living area. They get them up, get them dressed and get them to interact, so they’re not just sleeping all day. Last week, he got diagnosed with congestive heart failure, so now they’re bringing in hospice and so he is getting extra care, but they’re right on top of it. They’re keeping him very clean and they change his bed when he has accidents. They’re very good staff there. They’re very friendly.

March 28, 2016

By Pat V.

Atria Carmichael Oaks had very nice surroundings. The person that showed us around was very polite and very knowledgeable. The only reason why I did not pick that one was because my sister would have a second- or third-floor apartment, and I wanted her on the ground floor. They had a very nice library, outdoor lounge, and areas where the residents could walk around and sit outside. The food was very good.

March 15, 2016

By Anita K.

We liked that the size of the rooms was a little bigger at Atria Carmichael Oaks. They offered a meal, but we didn’t eat there. However, we did observe that the food looked and smelled good.

February 26, 2016

By Caring Daughter120146450

I toured Atria Carmichael Oaks. I wasn’t really impressed by the grounds. I had my grandson with me when we looked at it, and he goes, “No I didn’t want to go to the hospital.” I didn’t really like this place. The rooms were smaller and weren’t very accessible.

Thank you for visiting Atria Carmichael Oaks. I’m sorry that our community was not a good fit for you. I hope you find a community that meets your needs. If we can be of service to you in any way please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

January 31, 2016

By Pauline12

Atria is a lovely place. My friend has been there for quite awhile now. Their dining facility is wonderful. It is just like going out to a restaurant. My friend’s room is lovely too. She has a sliding glassdoor that goes to the garden area there. It is very nice. The staff is very nice. They have a theater once a week, and then they have the church services, which I think is very nice for the residents. You can also have your little doggie or little cats there if you want.

January 23, 2016

By Vic2

Atria was an older facility but nice and I liked it. I didn’t eat with them but I looked at the dining area. It’s close to my house, convenient and on a great location.

November 15, 2015

By Toni The Red Tiger

Carmichael Oaks was really good, but I didn’t have any room in my apartment, so I had to find something bigger. Before Atria took over, the people that worked there were really wonderful. It’s kind of cold now.

I’m sorry to learn that our community wasn’t a perfect fit. I’ll be sure to pass on your valuable feedback with our team members, and invite you to reach me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com if you’d like to share more.

September 12, 2015

By Pam112585050

Although they were very nice during the visit, it's just that the apartment wasn't what my mother-in-law wanted. She wanted a first floor studio apartment, and they didn't have that at that time. So they may have been a very nice facility, but that was the drawback. Atria Carmichael Oaks just wasn't a lively looking place to us. Maybe we went at a very quiet time, but the apartment wasn't what she was looking for. The person that took us on a tour was quite nice, but it just was more sedated. It seemed too sedated, and she likes activities. She likes to do things, and they may have had it all, but on first appearance, it wasn't quite what we wanted. It didn't have a studio on the first floor, so she would have had to go up an elevator, and it was more expensive, so that was the drawback. Not only did they not have what she wanted on the right floor, but the studio that they had costs more.

July 31, 2015

By Denise37

My mother has been in Atria Carmichael Oaks before, and we took her back here. The staff is very good. We had a few ups and downs, but she has Alzheimer's, so she is not an easy patient. So far, it's working out OK, but it has only been a week. Her room is private; it is not spacious, but it is doable. It's as big as any of the rooms we saw at other facilities. She likes the food. The dining area is very small. Everything in the memory care is very contained, which makes it easy for them to move around so they don't get lost. They do take them out for a drive once a week into the mountains.

July 20, 2015

By John109666850

The one closest to me is Atria, and I even negotiated with them. They sent me the monthly activities -- all the things that are available for you. They got everything. They even have trips to take you to the stores and to wherever you need to go, and they take me to church. On one night, you could play poker, and they have Bingo night and movies. They invited me to a meal, and the food was very good. They've got a chef there by the name of Adam. He sat at my table and talked to me. I thought it was very nice, and so were the people. The staff was great; they got a good staff.

June 25, 2015

Atria Carmichael Oaks was OK, but I didn't like the floor plans of their apartments. This place really needs renovating. It was old and dark. They were just not well-done; they were kind of cheap. Safety-wise, everything seemed OK. They have a lot of improving to do.

Thank you for visiting Atria Carmichael Oaks and for sharing your feedback with us. We continually strive to enhance our community and the service we provide, so input from our guests is always welcome. If you have more suggestions, please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

April 30, 2015

By brderby1

It was very difficult to find parking at Atria Carmichael Oaks. It took me 15 minutes to find a parking space. I looked at the menu for the dining hall, and it was not very impressive.

Thank you for visiting Atria Carmichael Oaks. We're always looking for ways to enhance our community so if you'd like to share more suggestions with us, please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

April 22, 2015

Atria Carmichael Oaks was awful. My mother-in-law was there for almost five years. They had a lot of activities, which was good for the residents. After dinner, there was really nothing for the residents to do other than to go back to their rooms. Their apartments were nice. You had to bring your own furniture. The food was OK -- not the best. The communication between the staff and the family was awful. After hours, there was nobody to answer the phone. If you leave a message, they do not call you back. It was just very hard to reach them. They do not bother to notify you if there were any problems. When they sent my mother-in-law to the hospital by herself because she fell in her room, they didn't notify me. I didn't find out until the next night that she was taken to the hospital. When I asked them why they didn't call me, they had nothing to say. They wouldn't even look at me.

Your comments are concerning to us and we’d like to learn more about your experience. If you’re comfortable sharing more information with us, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

April 18, 2015

By Brenda104755350

Atria Carmichael Oaks had more accommodations and activities for the people. The help was very conscientious. They were doing a superb job in keeping that place pleasant as well. The rooms were wonderful and very lovely. I would definitely recommend this facility to others.

April 10, 2015

By Tricia10

Atria Carmichael Oaks absolutely was gorgeous. A little high-priced, but for the care we are getting, I am sure it was very reasonable for what is out there. It seemed like all their assisted living was kind of in a general area, and they had a lot of things to do, places to go, right there in that area not having to do a lot of walking. To me, it was rather pricey. And, again, it is not that you are not getting what you pay for so I don't want to put mom here, but for us to look at that, it was a vast increase from what we are paying now.

February 16, 2015

By John103411950

The Atria Carmichael Oaks was very nice. The facility was nice, and their grounds were very nice; they had woods in the back and everything -- very beautiful grounds. It was very clean and very nice, and everything was upgraded. I believe it is a fairly new facility.

January 24, 2015

By Steve48

The Atrium of Carmichael was referred to us by the agency. The staff was very helpful and very forthcoming about what is going on there. We decided to have mom in this facility, but she didn’t want to do that. I did have lunch there, and everything was very nice.

June 25, 2014

Atria Carmichael Oaks was absolutely beautiful. I have a friend who is also living there. I visited, and it had a lovely atmosphere. It was very quiet and pleasant. The décor was very home-like. The dining room was pretty much like a restaurant, but service was not that great. They had a new waitress, and she wasn't very happy with her job, and the food was so-so. It was not bad, but it was not excessively good, either. The apartments were very comfortable. They were very open with lots of light, small but very well set up for the person to feel like she is living in an apartment while she is in assisted living. It was just a very, very nice environment as far as living conditions are concerned. I found the people very much concerned about my friend's unhappiness about some of the services she received.

May 29, 2014

By Jeff21

I chose Atria Carmichael Oaks for my dad because it is the best value for the cost. It has the largest room for the best price, and actually, it is the closest to us, too. The employees' attitudes are fine. The room is pretty much comfortable, nicer, and bigger. The food is all right; sometimes it is really good and sometimes it is fine. They have activities, but my dad does not participate in a whole lot of them.

April 25, 2014

By Mary82236450

My mother is at Atria in an independent care apartment. That is an awesome place. She eats so well. She could eat anytime she wants. They have a full breakfast, full lunch, and full dinner and you get two or three choices of entrees at each meal. If you don't like that, you can look on the other side of the menu and pick what you want. They have up to 10 activities a day, including exercise. She is so happy there. I call it the Taj Mahal of senior living. Her girlfriend moved there, and another friend is moving over there now. So she's got a lot of people who have come, following her over there.

April 21, 2014

Atria was nice and very clean. It was a little more monitored, and the apartments were bigger. They had ducks in the pond, but I just didn’t see a fun life for my mom. I didn’t see many people, and they did not seem as happy.

Thank you for visiting our community. I am sorry that you did not meet some of our more active residents on your tour. If you would like information about some of our other communities in the surrounding area or you feel we can be of further help to you and your mom, please contact us via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include "Atria Carmichael Oaks" in your subject line.

March 27, 2014

Atria Carmichael Oaks doesn’t stink when you walk in the door. The facility is beautiful. It is decorated in a fashion that makes it feel like home. The staff are wonderful. They are very helpful and friendly. They address any issue with your room or your apartment that you have. They accommodate and change with the community, so they have a community meeting. They have a really good person who is very personable who transports the residents to shopping areas. They also plan outings. They have all activities in-house, especially for the assisted living side, for those people who are not quite mobile. Their food is just excellent, and they provide food anytime. Their rooms are large enough for quite a bit of furniture. The bedroom has a queen size bed, two dressers, and a walk-in closet. The bathroom is nice and big and very accessible. They also have balconies, and the grounds are beautiful. The price was excellent.

January 30, 2014

By Eva8

Atria Carmichael Oaks was beautiful, very nice and pretty. The staff were very welcoming and were really good about seeing to it that the medications were delivered timely. They just seemed to connect. However, the price kept us from moving my mother-in-law there. The fund we had cannot sustain her.

June 19, 2013

By Ellen6

The lady that showed us around Carmichael Oaks was very nice. They had backyards and patios, nice dining room, and overall a clean facility. I liked that my mom could have a two bedroom apartment with a little patio, that way she could have her dog, and also a backyard with a sitting area. They had a lot of activities and everything you would want. We were impressed and would probably have mom there if she was ready.

April 17, 2013

By Earl2

I'm doing okay here at Carmichael Oaks. My apartment is adequate for me. It's nice and very clean. The facility has a good staff. The food is okay too.

October 10, 2011

By hatejoe1

Carmichael Oaks Senior Living, This RCFE is one of the highet of reccomendations I can give. There communiyt Marketing Director Virginia and Denise have been employees there for quite some time. There home facility is always clean, they are both very educated in geriatric care as well as the care for those senior afflicted with Dementia and Alzheimer's. Always when arriving to there location you are greeted with a smile, a helping hand, from there front desk administrator to there residential caregivers they are professional, helpful, and always hands on with there seniors. There dining experience on a daily basis is one of the utmost service oriented I have witnessed. Just from the smiles of there residents to the fact that they even go above and beyond to provide there own residents with name tags as some represent what they call ambassadors and they greet you and tell you stories of why they love the community they live in. I would place my own parents here any day of the week, the compassion the understanding and the assistance at any given time you enter this community is a five star community!

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Carmichael Oaks

June 25, 2021

By Patricia

I had a good visit of Atria Carmichael Oaks. They answered all my questions. It's a nice facility. It is close to my house, so I passed by it a lot, and it always looked good. It's good inside, and it's well kept. I don't consider it old, it's probably middle aged, but it looks nice, it's well kept, and it's painted. The carpets are good. Outside, the landscape is good and obviously taken care of. Everything is clean. It doesn't smell bad. The staff has been very accommodating. Their schedule was pretty varied in the things that they did.

April 15, 2021

By Yolanda

The people at Atria Carmichael Oaks were very nice and the residents appeared to be happy, but the overall structure of the place was old and needed some upgrading. It's just not structurally meeting my standards, but that's just my own preference. Overall, our tour experience was good. I believe they have renovations scheduled to start in the next sixty days, too. The rooms are nice-sized and clean. The staff was friendly and attentive. The director was nice and seemed very interactive. Even the residents responded to him well. The dining room looked really nice, open, and they have the menus posted on paper. The furniture was nice, but the structure just needs improvement. They have an activity director and an activity calendar posted on the wall. They also have activities in the theater room and an area for card games. It sounds like the daily activities during pre-COVID were a little bit more active, but it seems like the activity director still tried to coordinate activities while maintaining social distancing. They've all been vaccinated, so that's a good thing as well.

Hello Yolanda, Thank you for visiting us. We value your feedback and appreciate your kind compliments of our staff.

April 09, 2021

By Juanda

I just moved into Atria Carmichael Oaks on Monday night. I chose it because I could afford them, and the people I met were just super, super nice, super helpful, and very happy. I talked to a lot of the clients who live here, they were very happy, and it just sounded like a fun place to live. It's an older building, but it's very well maintained. The room that I moved into is spotless, it's clean, it doesn't smell, and everybody you see in the hallway is saying, "Hi," "Good morning," "Good afternoon," and "Good night." It's just nice and very friendly. My furniture doesn't come for another week and a half, so they provided me with a bed, a chair, and a microwave, so that I would have something to sleep on until my furniture comes, because it is coming from Oregon. The food is outstanding. They will have more activities; right now because of COVID, they are limited to ten people per activity. They have lots to do here; it's just with COVID, we can't do it all.

April 05, 2021

By Joy

So far, Atria Carmichael Oaks is very nice. There are lots of foods, I've met several nice people and because of restrictions it's going to take a while to get to know people. I came from a 4-bedroom home to a studio so there's a bit of adjustment going on. They have several common areas and they're doing their COVID thing, so I realize that it's not close to their normal way of doing everything. But it's really nice so far. They have a variety of food. I usually ate 2 meals a day but now I'm suddenly doing 3. They have some exercises, some singing, some art things they were doing. I can just go up to the desk and ask them what's going on, they're very friendly and I like the staff a lot. On my visit, they gave me an emergency contact thing and I've accidentally hit it 3 times now, so they gave me a different wristband that stayed on better. The staff has been wonderful. I participated in a few activities at the beginning, and I was disappointed with how few people there were at the class and thought how come people aren't taking advantage of this. I saw a couple other places, one wasn't as good as this and one was too expensive, so I'd say that this seems like a good value.

April 04, 2021

By Faye

I went to Atria Carmichael Oaks. Allison was wonderful and I really enjoyed her. I like the facility. It's a little dated and a little old, but the place is certainly attractive. I saw both the independent living and assisted living units. The staff was great.

March 06, 2021

By Linda

We chose Atria Carmichael Oaks because they offered my mom more, like more meals, bigger rooms, nicer grounds, and a better layout of the room for what she needed. When we were there, they had a ladies lunch thing going on and it was nice because they were also socially distanced. They have bistros, card games, bingo, and all that stuff, so there's constantly some function going on. The atmosphere is very relaxed, very comfortable, and very welcoming. My mom is really excited about going there.

Hello Linda, We're excited to welcome your mom to our community. Thank you for choosing Atria!

February 07, 2021

By David

I visited Atria Carmichael Oaks for my mom. The facilities were nice and newer. The people that we came in contact with were outstanding. She would've moved there and she could afford it, but we want to stay within our budget and not have her worry about it. She'll only be able to stay 5-6 years there, whereas at the other place, she can stay there as long as she wants without having any financial difficulties. They have assisted living and memory care there, which also increases the monthly payment. It was a great place. If somebody was looking for a nice place, I would recommend it. The amenities were fine. Everything was covered except cable and internet. I don't know how many stories they have, but they have an elevator. We were only there once. It was good, it's clean and new. We did the tour during Covid, so when we're walking around, there was nobody else around. There were no activities going on because everybody's stuck in their rooms. They had a nice garden and greenery. They followed up with emails, and they checked in periodically to see how we were doing.

Hi David, It was our pleasure to show you and your family our community. Your feedback is so important to us, so thank you for sharing your experience! We take pride in delivering quality service each and every day.

October 28, 2020

By H.M.

I was a resident of Atria Carmichael Oaks. The staff and the service were very nice over there. I don't think the residents are as outgoing and as friendly as they are over here in my current community, because they're a little bit more advanced in their problems. The atmosphere felt like an institution while where I'm at now feels like home. I was there when this pandemic was at its height, so they had a lot of things cut down. The social gathering and all that was quite restricted. They have activities available, a lot of entertainment would come in, guests, people would come in to lead exercise classes a couple of times a week. They were very good in that respect. It's up to the individual if they want to join the activities, and it's not formally required that you attend. My needs are different from most of the people there, but the staff was attentive. The only thing is that their food slipped a little bit. I don't think it was as good as when I got there first.

March 18, 2019

By Kathryn

Atria Carmichael Oaks is great. The food is good and they have three meals a day, seven days a week. They have free cable for the room, laundry and housekeeping services once a week, and transportation several times a week to appointments and shopping and other errands. The amenities are really good and the actual apartment and size are nice. The assisted living wing is newer than the independent living, so it's a little bit nicer. The atmosphere is nice and the people are friendly. The majority of them were on walkers and wheelchairs, but they weren't just sitting around. They have quite a bit of activities. Everybody on staff has been great. My father-in-law likes everybody who works there except a driver who isn't really good with appointments.

September 28, 2017

By Sandy

My mom is living at Atria Carmichael Oaks. It's very clean, the rooms are very nice, and the people are very friendly. During our visit, they're doing a lot of different activities. They were playing cards and there was a fitness class going on when we were there. The food is OK, but I wouldn't say it's excellent; I would just say that it's probably middle of the road.

December 29, 2016

By Mari Lee

Atria (Atria Carmichael Oaks) was OK. The rooms were adequately sized. It is an old establishment that didn't have the ambience like the other community that I saw. It needed to be upgraded, especially the rugs in the hallways, which were worn and dirty. The food was OK; not great. Their prices are very good, and they'll take you for doctors' appointments within a certain distance, of course. They're not going to take you down to Los Angeles or San Francisco.

Hi, Mari. Thanks for visiting our community. We appreciate the feedback and welcome you back any time!

September 11, 2016

By sissyt

Atria is really fussy, and you cannot find a parking space there at all. There was no street side parking either. It’s a very large facility, and it had assisted living and independent living, but that was a more problematic situation for us. The apartments did not have storage units.

I'm sorry that our community wasn't the right fit for your family. If you'd like to tell me more about your experience, I invite you to send me an email at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

May 26, 2016

By Sondra675847

Atria Carmichael Oaks is very nice but a little confined. The rooms are nice and look really small at first, but it was very comparable to what I have now, which isn’t as small as I thought because I’m moving furniture in now and things are fitting. I just visited once and got the information. They have a lot of activities. They weren’t as friendly.

May 10, 2016

By Sharon124616950

My mom is in the independent living of Atria Carmichael Oaks. My stepdad is in memory care. They have been really happy so far. They like the food, and it’s amazing. I mainly moved them from the other facility because the food was horrible there. The independent living is all positive. All the people that work there are very friendly. Like when you go down the hallways, they all say hello and everybody seems like they like working there. The billing was kind of messed up, but the manager worked on it right away and got it solved, so that’s really nice. The facility is always clean. It doesn’t have any funny smell there. We have been very happy with it. The only thing my mom complains about is that the bathroom is too small.

March 13, 2016

By Loretta14

Dad has been in Atria Carmichael Oaks since October. I think it’s an older community. They have a lot of activities, and their apartments are large. So far, everything has been excellent. The food and services are good. The driver is amazing. My dad is very happy.

August 25, 2014

By June17

I am here in Emeritus at Carmichael Oaks. This place offers a lot for independent living. We get our 3 meals a day served in restaurant style and the meals are pretty good. We get cleaning once a week which includes cleaning our linen and making the bed. It leaves you with no housekeeping to do and no cooking, so it’s great. They have something going on almost all the time. They seemed to have a thing with movies. They can take you out to a movie once a week. I know a lot of people seem to like to go to the casinos; they do that. They’ll offer a place to take you for lunch once a month. I didn’t go, but they went to one of the fancy restaurants in downtown Sacramento this month. I play bridge a lot -- there are a couple of different groups that play bridge. They also have book discussions and they have all kinds of other games that people seemed to like to play. It’s just a pleasant atmosphere. I’ve been here just over a month and I’m learning people’s names. It’s quite good and I’m quite satisfied with the place.

July 19, 2014

I really liked Atria Carmichael Oaks because it was clean. The grounds and the decor looked a little more upscale. The person who did the tour and took us around seemed to be very good. The room and everything was fine. It was less expensive. However, the one thing that I didn't like about it was their tactic in urgency, like, "We are running a special and it's up at the end of this week; if you sign a lease now, we can give you a couple of months off." I just looked at her and said, "You know what? It might interest somebody else, but I don't play that kind of game. You can give me the price now and you can give me the same price two months from now. If you can't be that, I'll walk." I told him, "You can order this price two months from now. I'll come back. But if you're telling me that I got to decide today, then I'll walk, and I'll call you in two months and see what you're at." However, I talked to people, and all the guests liked it. It was also clean and classy.

June 28, 2012

By hmecey

It was nice, upon walking in I saw that it was very clean. There looked like there were a lot of events for the elderly to do as they had a game room, gym, pool, among many other things. The room he stayed in was like a dorm room but just a little bigger as it had a tiny bathroom in there as well. The staff seemed nice as they told me where his room was. I did notice that a lot of the seniors seemed bored. Also, it appeared that they could only eat during a short period of time each day, though I think that is normal for most homes of that kind.I also though that it might be hard for all the seniors to walk up all of the stairs as it is several floors high, because it is in a small location. Overall I think that it's a nice place as it appears cleaned and well maintained and also my grandfather had only nice things to say about it except when he talked about one staff member who had disciplined him.

September 30, 2011

By mickey mouse

I have had two experiences with this facility. My grandmother was a resident about 35 years ago and my mother was a resident about 15 years ago. I remember the staff being very friendly for the most part. Everyone always seemed extremely busy. There was almost always at least one person behind the desk usually contacting doctors or families of the residents. There was always a nurse making rounds with medications. Here and there I would see other personel doing whatever they were supposed to be doing. There didn't seem to be enough personel to keep up with all of the necessary chores let alone to assist the residents who were sitting in wheel chairs in the hallways or wandering aimlessly as though they were lost. Some residents needed bed and clothing changes or just help getting up or down. More employees to see to the needs of the residents more regularly would have been nice.I thought the facilities could have been cleaner. The floors appeared to be dirty most of the time. The bathroom facilities were fairly tidy though. There was always an unpleasant odor in the facility, but there were a lot of odor causing incidents happening at any given time. Several times a resident from another room would wander into my grandmothers room and my grandmother thought she was going to steel her few precous belongings, so my grandmother would threaten her. I got a call because of her threats one day and the employee told me that if my grandmother made any more threats her stay at the facility would be terminated. That didn't bode wll with me but we were able to work it out. Over all the facility was better than any other that might have been a viable choice. But it had room for improvement.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Atria Carmichael Oaks

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: 347005251

About Atria Carmichael Oaks

Atria Carmichael Oaks is a thoughtfully designed community offering lovely surroundings, personal service and just the right amount of support to live independently. Tree-lined outdoor areas are alive with color and beauty. Huge picture windows cast natural light indoors, and spacious common areas beckon you to gather with friends and neighbors. Choose from several distinctive apartment floor plans and three living options tailored to resident needs - independent living, assisted living or Life Guidance&reg memory care. Comfortable amenities, a 24-hour staff and a full events calendar complete an exceptional senior living experience. Whether sharing a gourmet dinner with friends, tracing their family history in a genealogy workshop or enjoying an outing to Thunder Valley, residents are free to be as active as they please.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Our vibrant, beautiful community is part of the American River Trail System-with mature oaks and nature areas; we offer exceptional culinary experiences from 7-7 and have a 24/7 Bistro, a sharp, active and independent group of residents, and a highly skilled, caring staff.

Map of Atria Carmichael Oaks