130 Assisted Living Facilities near Roseville, CA
With an average cost of $3,269 in Roseville, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 99 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 28 facilities in Roseville.
28 Assisted Living Facilities in Roseville, CA
102 Assisted Living Facilities near Roseville, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Roseville
Roseville has grown into one of the major cities in the Sacramento metro area. At least 64 assisted living communities serve Roseville's 130,000 residents, with more in the surrounding bedroom communities of Citrus Heights and Rocklin. Several local assisted living communities are situated within a short walk of major shopping centers or medical centers. It's very common for assisted living communities in Roseville to also maintain memory care and skilled nursing on the same property to provide continuity of care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Roseville
- Roseville has a mild Californian climate. It's slightly cooler than nearby Sacramento, which is at a lower elevation. Daily highs in Roseville average 73 degrees, while lows average 48 degrees. The area gets 18 inches of rain a year.
- Roseville's cost of living is about 30 percent higher than the national average. This is not exceptional by California standards, and surrounding communities, such as Citrus Heights and Rancho Cordova are both cheaper and very easy to reach from Roseville.
- Crime in Roseville is significantly lower than both the national average and that of the surrounding communities. Burglary and assault, for example, clock in at less than half the national rate.
- Roseville residents can ride Roseville Transit to any of the major commercial areas of town. This bus network connects on either end of its routes with Sacramento's Regional Transit, which serves the rest of the metro area, and Placer County Transit, which runs bus routes as far north as Auburn. Roseville Transit offers both dial-a-ride and paratransit service, as well as discount fares for seniors. Seniors must have a valid senior ID or a Medicare card to claim the discount.
- Roseville is the major city in Placer County, which runs several arts and cultural enrichment programs for seniors. The Rocklin Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Business Association, for example, provide local assisted living and skilled nursing communities with discount and no-cost tickets to nearby concerts, plays and museum events.
- The Roseville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sutter Roseville Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente Roseville Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Roseville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Roseville start around $3,269 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Roseville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Roseville
Eligible seniors in Roseville can apply for assistance with the cost of housing through the Roseville Housing Authority Housing Choice Voucher Program. California offers help paying for assisted living through the Medi-Cal Assisted Living Waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Roseville
Roseville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Roseville, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Roseville
Roseville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Roseville, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Roseville
Review of Meadow Oaks of Roseville
We liked Meadow Oaks of Roseville. It's less expensive than others, but it didn't seem as warm to us. It seemed a little more sterile. The staff during the visit was very nice, but she was unprepar... Read more
Review of Aunt Dottie's Place
Our mother lived at Aunt Dottie for 6 years before she passed. They were the most loving wonderful people I couldn't be happier with the care she had Read more
Review of Elite Quality Care
Elite Quality Care was nice; however, my mom needed some place where the residents could communicate better. It was my second choice, but the rest of the people that live there were not what I was ... Read more