The Landing at Carmichael

Reviews of The Landing at Carmichael

Independent Living Reviews for The Landing at Carmichael

September 14, 2021

By Landon

I toured The Landing at Carmichael for a loved one. It's very nice and very orderly. There are nice staff all around from the front desk, all the way to the kitchen employees who cooked the food for them. The residents are very nice and very welcoming. I would say that overall, from what I saw, everything was very, very in order, very together and definitely a community-based area. It was a very quiet community, too. They had lots of activities, and it seems like a lot of people are very involved. Their cook is actually a very renowned chef that came from a casino in Las Vegas, so he kind of puts spins on things and switches it up and apparently everyone loves the food. I wish I could have tried it. They have bingo night and outside events in their little courtyard. I think like last week they did a little luau, so they had the streamers and lights. They had everyone come out, those who wanted to participate, to be able to have some good food, games, meet the other residents, and be around other people. They have game nights, a lot of board games, and stuff like that. It's all on a calendar. Every single day, there's something. Everybody in the month whose birthday it is, they acknowledge those individuals' birthdays. It's all really, really coordinated and the attention to details, I think, is wonderful. So that's something that I liked. The last thing I said as I was walking out, I asked the lady and said to please give me an email or phone call if this ever goes under fifty-five plus, because I would love to move there. They're all very nice. She's free to leave, come and go whenever she wants. She'd have visitors and all that.

Thank you for your generous review, Landon. We are so happy that you were able to tour our community and have a great experience doing so. We strive to provide the engaging and comfortable environment that you witnessed, and we would love to welcome you into our community in the future!

August 19, 2021

By Sheila

The Landing at Carmichael was a beautiful place. It's just too expensive. It's very clean, and the people were very caring. They offer breakfast and dinner. I saw the trays that they were bringing in and they looked very good and very healthy. The room was nice and clean, had new paint, and the carpet was nice. It was a very nice place. They have free laundry, so that was very accessible. They have activities almost every day, exercises, a salon where you go get your hair done, and they have a shuttle that will take you to the supermarket for your groceries. The staff was great, very caring, and explained everything in detail. Everything was functional and looked new.

Thank you for the wonderful review, Sheila. We regret that we are outside of your budget, but we are glad you liked our community so much and we will always be here in the future if your situation changes!

August 10, 2021

By Bernard

I went to look at The Landing at Carmichael. The facility looked OK, and the room was OK. It's just the location didn't quite sit well with me. The rooms are actually right on the sidewalk. They have other rooms farther back that are away from Fair Oaks Boulevard, so they assured me that there are other rooms that are not right on the street. I didn't see those, though. I can't say much about any of the amenities because I haven't experienced any of them. All I did was walk into a room and walk through the dining hall in the hallway; that's basically it. The lady who took me on a tour was very nice. The room was an empty one-bedroom apartment. The problem for me was that it directly faced Fair Oaks Boulevard. It was OK, it was nice, and it was clean. I didn't have any problem with that, but I had a problem with the parking and a problem with location on Fair Oaks. That's the problem with that. The dining area was a restaurant.

Bernard, thanks for taking the time to offer feedback. Yes, we certainly have apartments toward the back and away from Fair Oaks Blvd., and we also have designated parking for residents. We encourage you to come back and explore in a bit more detail so we can ensure you get the best experience possible. We look forward to you visiting again!

August 08, 2021

By Joseph

The Landing at Carmichael looked comfortable. It's not very big, but it's all right. The staff was excellent, and it was a clean, kind of joyful place. They have an ice-cream social every week and happy hour, and the outdoor spaces were clean and pleasant. It's laid out fairly well too. Once you get to know the place, it's a lot easier to get around.

Joseph, thank you for your kind comments about our outstanding staff. We are very proud of our community, our residents, and the great food and activities we offer them every day. We hope to see you again!

May 11, 2021

By Jeannie

My uncle and I didn't like The Landing at Carmichael, but the staff did their best in giving us the tour. The place was just kind of dingy and the rooms had a smell to them. The halls were pretty narrow and not as bright as the other two places. It was hard to maneuver his wheelchair or to turn it around. I really didn't care for the place. Because of the virus, none of the places I visited showed food. They showed us the dining room, and it was very small. It was like a large bedroom size or like a house living room. It only had two long tables with chairs on each side, but it was not open for eating because of the virus, so they were serving in the rooms. The carpet in the rooms looked clean, but there was a certain old odor when I entered the room, and their rooms were much smaller than the other two we visited. They were serving at the time when we were there, and the food looked really simple and plain.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Jeannie! We are very sorry that you were not impressed after touring our community; however, we are confident that the services we provide are more than satisfactory - especially from the perspective of a current resident. COVID has made it extremely difficult to showcase the true benefits of our community since we have been tremendously cautious with tours in order to keep our residents safe. Nevertheless, we apologize again that you weren't able to witness the full effect of our wonderful community and we wish you the best in your search!

March 06, 2021

By Linda

The Landing at Carmichael is very nice, I liked it. I thought the grounds were nice and well maintained. The woman that we spoke to was very friendly, she's awesome. I really enjoyed meeting her. Everyone that we came in contact with that worked there was extremely friendly. The rooms seemed nice. The ones we saw were not yet ready -- they were being fixed -- they were a little older, but they were fixing them up and I liked what they were doing with it. The community is smaller than the ones that I looked at. She showed us the menu and it was amazing and looked really, really good. If the food is as good as what they're cooking, I would highly recommend them.They also had some nice community rooms, and had a group playing bingo when we were there. They also had a big bistro room when we first came in, but with COVID, a lot of stuff was not used as much as they could. I think the facility was nicely run too. I think they try really hard and do take care of the people there.

Thank you so much for your review, Linda! We greatly appreciate the kind words you've offered about our community and the amenities we provide. Our team works diligently to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our residents, and we are so glad you were able to experience that firsthand. Thank you, again, for your compliments and acknowledgment of our efforts here at The Landing at Carmichael!

December 10, 2020

By Victor Roller

The food has improved a lot since the new chef has come on board. I especially liked the shrimp salad and almond cake that I had last Tuesday.. It was all very tasty. There are lots of new dishes that I enjoy and they are very tasty. The Staff is very nice and they are very accommodating. I have lived here over a year and like it here.

We appreciate you taking the time to review our community, Victor! It's great to hear that you're enjoying the food from our new chef. At The Landing at Carmichael, we strive to provide the best services and support for our residents. Finding the right people to add to our team is an important part of that process.

December 05, 2020

By W

The Landing at Carmichael is like going back into the 1950's. It has an old stove in the kitchen like an old hotel. You go down the hallway to go to the room. The lady I talked to was really nice. I didn't get to inquire with other tenants there, but I did see multiple old cars there. I thought it was too much money for what the accommodations were, and what I've seen there, because it was a pretty old apartment. They have smaller studios, but even the one-bedroom was pretty small. At first they didn't have any wheelchairs to get around the facility with, so the staff brought an electric wheelchair, and it's really nice because I was able to get around the premises with it. They need some upgrades, there's supposed to be remodelling in this one area, there's nothing but chunked up concrete floors. Some old cars have been sitting there since doomsday that they never drove. They didn't have any disability parking or a carport. She brought up the amenities, but I didn't see it, then she showed me the TV room and there was one guy sitting in there. They have movie nights at certain times. She showed me a menu, the chef makes a certain meal every day, and that's what you eat. The layout of the place is kinda poorly in and out.

We appreciate you taking the time to review our community. We're always looking for ways we can improve, and your feedback will contribute to that process. If you would like to leave us any additional feedback, please contact us directly by speaking with our Executive Director. At our community, we take pride in our friendly atmosphere and beautiful location in the popular Carmichael neighborhood in Sacramento, California. Our services have received positive reviews from our long-time residents which we work hard to earn every day. We will continue to give our best and appreciate your contribution to our ongoing improvement. Thank you.

May 13, 2020

By Anonymous 27

The facility is located in a quiet area with a lovely park across the street. The facility felt very quaint and like home. When I visited a few months ago I was given a tour. We passed by the kitchen and the food being served looked amazing. All of the residents raved about the menu their chef offered. The rooms were a good size with a great layout. Looks like a great place to call home. I will definitely consider having my loved one live here when it is time.

Thank you for the kind words and 5-star rating! We are thrilled to receive such positive feedback about our community, and we will continue to work hard in making it a pleasant environment for our residents. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

December 13, 2019

By Bobbi

The lady who helped me out at The Landing at Carmichael was very knowledgeable, very friendly, and showed me everything. She told me about the extra cost that might incur and that they have a contract with somebody for medical help who comes on an emergency basis instead of calling the fire department. I was quite impressed with that. The place was very nice, and there seemed to be quite a bit of parking. I have a dog, and there's a dog park across the road. I would recommend it to anybody who's interested. Even though it's right on Fair Oaks, the facility itself is in the back part, so you don't hear the traffic. They had a big recreation room in the front, and the actual rooms were in the back.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us the amazing review, Bobbi! Our staff is dedicated to providing the best care and service which we really take great pride in. We value your feedback and thank you for supporting our community, The Landing at Carmichael!

December 19, 2018

By Douglas

I visited The Landing at Carmichael. They showed me all the amenities, and I looked at a small studio. It was very nice, but the studio seemed a little small. That was the only thing. It's still acceptable, but it wouldn't be my first choice. The people are nice, and the place itself looks fine, it's nice and clean. I just went there unexpectedly, I didn't have an appointment. Everything about the place but the room size is good. If someone is interested with the place, I could tell them to go ahead and look at the place. The person who gave me the tour was very helpful, nice, and went out of her way to see that all of my questions were answered. There's two of them, and both of them were very pleasant and helpful.

November 13, 2016

By Rita761105

I thought it was very nice. I liked it, and I liked the people. However, it's on a very busy street, and I did not like that. The rooms were very nice and very attractive. I liked the place all in all. After lunch while I was there, they had a program going that the residents were all attending. They all seemed very nice, friendly, and helpful.

October 30, 2014

It’s clean and real nice. My mother is taken care of as far as I can tell. They play games in the activity room: tossing the ball, physical activities, up and down chairs, singing, and dancing. Her room is just the right size. It’s a fairly good place.

Costs for The Landing at Carmichael

Photos of The Landing at Carmichael

Services and Amenities of The Landing at Carmichael

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

About The Landing at Carmichael

The Landing at Carmichael offers a fabulous and affordable retirement living option in the sought-after Carmichael neighborhood of Sacramento, California offers a quiet, quaint and beautiful living setting amongst large Redwood trees in a secured gated community. When you visit The Landing at Carmichael, you will be surprised by the size of our spacious Studio and One Bedroom Suites both offering full size kitchens, private patio, meal programs, transportation, activities and so much more.

Additional amenities included:

• Newly Remodeled One Bedroom and Studio Suites with Full size Kitchens and Outdoor Patios
  • Gated Community with Beautiful Common Areas, Park Like Grounds, Dining and Activity Rooms
  • Pet Friendly
  • Be Active, Be Social, Be Adventurous with our “Living Your Best Life Program”
  • Located next to Carmichael Park, 38 Acres including Dog Park, Sports Fields and Courts, Picnic Pavilion, and Bandshell Concerts in the Park

We offer

Locally Sourced Farm-to Table Culinary Program

The Landing at Carmichael understands that social interaction, eating habits and overall well-being, are enhanced by a dining experience that is filled with good food, good conversation and an inviting atmosphere. With this in mind, The Landing at Carmichael’s culinary team has developed an innovating and inviting “Farm-to-Table” Dining Program that pleases even the pickiest of eaters.

At The Landing at Carmichael, we have a diverse and well educated culinary team with over 40 years of combined experience. Freshly prepared meals are served three times a day in our restaurant-style dining room, offering nutritional food options, exemplary customer service and food aimed to please. We know how important meal time is, which is why we use local vendors and have built our dining program around a farm-to-table dining experience. We believe that by using local vendors, we can provide the best quality of fresh fruits, produce, meats and more.

Meal Service Options

When you decide to call The Landing at Carmichael your home, breakfast is always on us! We offer a daily elaborate self-service continental breakfast for you to enjoy to your liking, at no additional charge. It’s our goal to provide you with meal plans that offer you the ability to dine with us, when you don’t feel like cooking, but the choice is yours and we’re here when need us. With several different meal plan options, we’re sure you’ll find one that works for you, just tell us what you’re looking for and we can customize a plan for you.

Transportation

We offer transportation to those that choose to no longer drive or maybe just want to enjoy the luxury of having someone drive them around, either way, we have transportation services available to meet your needs. If you have your own vehicle, we invite you to bring it with you as we offer extensive parking options, as well as a gated and secure setting.

Social Life

Be Active, Be Social, Be Adventurous!

At The Landing at Carmichael, its our job to ensure you are Living Your Best Life and we take your enjoyment for life very seriously. At The Landing we believe in structuring a vibrant activities program should be a collaborative decision, we want your input and opinions on what we do and where we go. When you move into The Landing our Director of Fun will meet with you and learn about your likes, dislikes and what it is we can do to ensure you are living your BEST LIFE. We invite our residents to participate in event planning meetings, offer suggestions on events they want to take part in as well as places they would like to see on our many outings. We design our programs around you, you won’t be bored living with us! We are also next door to Carmichael Park with it’s 38-acre park offering a dog park, off-leash area, sports fields & courts, picnic shelter, and a bandshell for concerts and events.

Living Your Best Life
With a host of optional outings, you create your own schedule based upon your interests, preferences, routines, and abilities. Whether it is morning exercise, a sing-a-long at the piano, a trip to local attractions or a dance with entertainment provided by local musicians, it’s your choice to join in the fun.

Events and outings you can take part in while being a resident, may include:

• Live concerts
  • Wine Tastings
  • Golf Tournaments
  • Theater Performances
  • Local Museum Outings
  • much more!

Our residents are our number one priority and our goal is to provide each resident with a warm and friendly place to call home while still meeting individual needs. Whether it is you or a family member who is looking for a new home, we have different options available to satisfy your needs.

Map of The Landing at Carmichael