Oakmont of Carmichael

Reviews of Oakmont of Carmichael

Assisted Living Reviews for Oakmont of Carmichael

November 08, 2017

By Jerry B.

The staff is topnotch. They are always there when we need them. My wife has extra needs and staff is anticipating before I call them. I was able to take a vacation and knew my wife was in good hands!
Hello, We are pleased to hear your feedback and will share your sentiments with the staff at Carmichael. Oakmont strives to be a leader in providing exceptional care and excellent service. Thank you for taking the time to review our community! Warm regards, Virginia Stone, Executive Director

November 24, 2016

By Richard778217

I'm living in Oakmont of Carmichael. It's a nice place to live. The apartment is just fine. I feel very at home. The people are nice. The staff is very good. I have no complaints. It's very good. They have field trips, they have quite a few of them, but I don't feel comfortable going on them because I'm in a wheelchair.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We are so pleased to hear that you feel at home here; that is the best compliment we could receive! I would like to address your concern about going on field trips while in a wheelchair. Our excursions are designed to be enjoyed whether a resident walks unassisted, or with a wheelchair or walker. I would be happy to discuss this with you in person so we can ensure that you can go on any trip that appeals to you; please feel free to stop by my office any time. Warm Regards, Virginia Stone, Executive Director

November 23, 2016

By Jolynn851742

I like the people and the staff at Oakmont of Carmichael. I like the way they treat the patients, and I like the way it looks. There was a bathroom that separates the 2 beds; she’s got a roommate. Everything is doing well, and I am satisfied that my mom is in there. She is making friends, and so far everything is good.

October 21, 2016

By JE337573

I personally liked Oakmont of Carmichael because it was a new, very nice place. It was modern and fresh with lots of windows and lights coming in. There was just a good feeling about it. It was a little high in price compared to the other ones we looked at. It had independent people mixed in with assisted people. I would have chosen this place for my sister-in-law, but the price kept getting higher as needs increased.

September 30, 2016

By Cheri201151

Oakmont of Carmichael is a very well thought out community, and it's really beautiful. It has all kinds of activities. They had a dog show. They have a nice movie theater area, and they have theater twice a day. They have a dog park, a gazebo in the back, and a center courtyard that's really beautiful. The residents can do a lot of gardening with some fruit trees. It seemed like they have more cultural events there. They have parking for guests and a really big area for smoking, too. They have a visiting doctor that comes in a couple of times a week. They'll come everyday and give the residents a run down on what the next day's events are going to be. They make sure that every individual person knows what's going on all the time. Their dining room is open 3x a day from 7am to 7pm. They have a main dining room and a bistro, and they have a really nice family area to go into if you have a family event.

September 27, 2016

By Mel733282

I have attended numerous functions at Oakmont and the staff is highly professional and very friendly. The food rivals a 5-star in quality.

March 30, 2016

By Hank6

Oakmont was small and new. I ate a little bit, and it was very good. The room was nice and new. They have a library, reading room, and movie theater.

March 15, 2016

By Sam P.

Oakmont of Carmichael was a very good facility with beautiful grounds and rooms. The staff was very nice, too. They had tons of activities for their residents.

February 27, 2016

By E. Beckman

Very caring and professional. Already ready to help.

January 19, 2016

By KF

I’m in Oakmont, and I’m enjoying it very much. The food is good, and the people are very friendly. The rooms are spacious and have a separate bedroom and living room. The food is very good and the dining room is spacious, too. They have live entertainment, bingo, exercise, and plenty of other activities. I was so satisfied with the tour at Oakmont that I didn’t go anywhere else.

December 28, 2015

By David118459650

Oakmont of Carmichael is absolutely outstanding. They have very nice apartments that had very high ceilings, which are 10 ft. high with large windows that let in a lot of light. The staff was very professional. They have two people who manage the medications, and they have a dining room with private chefs. They have a number of different things and different people on the staff.

November 09, 2015

By Angela28

We liked everything about Oakmont of Carmichael. It was clean and organized, and we liked the knowledgeable and friendly staff. The rooms were spacious.

June 20, 2015

I visited Oakmont of Carmichael, and it would have been my first choice, but they didn't have vacancies. It was a brand new building, so everything was brand new. The staff was brand new, and everybody was happy working. It was a very nice place, and the people were very nice.

April 30, 2015

By brderby1

Oakmont of Carmichael was fantastic. This is one of the two facilities I was impressed with of the five that I had visited. It seemed to have the best food service. All of their community spaces were well maintained and excellent.

December 22, 2014

Oakmont Gardens was very nice. It had a memory care department in case they declined and needed to go there. It was just really nice full menu, the staff, and their own little apartments, which were very nice, clean, and brand new. I liked everything about it the people and the activities. I liked how they engaged the people, I liked how clean it was, and I liked the way it was set up as far as assisted living goes. I liked the garden that they had.

September 17, 2014

By Jeanette14

Oakmont of Carmichael is brand new. The people are friendly, they have an award-winning chef, their services are impeccable, the grounds are just top-notch, and the rooms -- I was just blown away. If I could live there I would. The meal that I had was amazing, and I have nothing bad to say about it. I would highly recommend them. It is just amazing. Of the places all over town, this is the absolute best for my parents, and they are really excited. They will be moving in on the 8th. I have been there four times with various people, and they have always been so friendly, accommodating, and professional, and they are so willing to help, and not pushy. The care is top-notch, the highest level of care. They have a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment there, and it is less than what they are paying for now. It has got over 1100 sq. ft. with a 10-foot ceiling, and it is done just really professionally. This place is a joy, it is amazing. They are so excited and very, very impressed with the place and the people who run it, all the way down. I have met the maintenance, and they are having the grand opening where it seems we are going to meet the owners of the corporation. I think their award-winning thing is their response time in taking care of their clients and their friendliness in dealing with them, their lookout for the client to the patient and their food. Their food is just like going out to a five-star restaurant every night, and I was so impressed with it. The chef that they have has been on the food network, and so it is top-notch.

Memory Care Reviews for Oakmont of Carmichael

February 11, 2019

By virginia55

Dad was not entirely well taken care of at home so we looked at finding him a new forever home. As soon as we walked in to their memory care we all knew this was the place. Smiles on everyone’s faces. You can tell the interaction between the caregivers and the residents is of genuine love. Mila and Yuliya are best caregivers I have ever encountered. All of them are in fact. They have hearts of gold and their love for the residents shows every day. We are so happy with the care that dad gets. The whole place changed when Kylie came on board. We would follow her wherever she goes.

January 31, 2019

By Malory.

Beautiful facility. Exceptional programming. The new executive director is a great source of support to the team and family. The assisted living coordinator and memory care director are a perfect team. Very highly skilled group of people who know exactly how to support residents with Alzheimer's and their families. The facility is very clean and well kept. Grandma loves it there.

January 31, 2019

By kathyj22

My great gramma lives at oakmont. I visit her about once a month. I always love seeing het smile and happy. She is in their Traditions memory care department. Always clean. Always happy. The staff always give really good feedback. The director always emails when she csnt reach us, so we know what's happening at every moment -excellent communication. I will always recommend this department and their director.

January 27, 2019

By MSfragile

Phenominal care staff, best in their field. Clean tidy department. Excellent knowledge of Dementia and how to manage difficult behaviors. Excellent communication. The leaders are like family.

January 25, 2019

By Becky54

My grandfather lives at oakmont of Carmichael in their memory care facility. He always gets exceptional care. All of the care givers take care of Pops like he is their own family , probably better. The place always looks and smells beautiful and the residents and Pops and all the staff are so clean and tidy and makes sure everyone is so well cared for. They always have a great activity running. I love that pops gets to go on day trips and lunches. We have made some great friends there and my family trust that the Memory care director and the activity director will always keep every single resident happy and healthy. The director has created an extraordinary atmosphere compared to what it used to be. She is from Australia and I think her expertise from there is what makes the facility the best. It really is the best. I think my only fault is sometimes it’s hard to get into after hours. But at least I know the residents are all safe.

By Jen9098

My Mom lived in 2 other Memory care units before Oakmont, when i toured Oakmont and met the Director and the staff we knew this is the place Mom should be living. Her room is spacious and clean all the time, the care staff make sure Mom is always looking beautiful. Their activity program is like nothing I have ever seen before and they make sure people all get to do some sort of activity that promotes their individual well being. The unit was run very unorganized until the new Director came in and she really whipped it into shape and made sure people had the best place to live, the best care, the greatest time, great friends. excellent knowledge of all kinds of memory loss and Kylie makes sure her staff are always working together, always passing on info, always doing what she asks. I am so happy to see the unit running like a family. Thank you for being the best place for Mom

By susie65

Excellent memory care. Their building is beautiful which makes it a pleasant environment. The caregivers are so respectful of their residents and the families. They have a unique memory care director who will do what she can to help everyone. It is obvious that she cares about the residents because of her attentive details. Best decision I made for my friend. There is no other place I could ever have my friend live.

By MaryP1234567

I toured several Facilities before deciding to place my mother in law at Carmichael. The staff and the Director are the best in the industry. It is apparent that they care for each resident uniquely with a great deal of respect and happiness. There is always something going on to keep the residents active and happy. Kylee the Director is attentive to every aspect of care , even going above and beyond what would normally be required, just to help the family and residents live a meaningful life. There is so much love and respect there. I will forever be thankful.
See all Memory Care reviews (12) See fewer reviews

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Staff Patient Ratio: Rcfe

About Oakmont of Carmichael

Oakmont of Carmichael is a lovely retirement community situated on a lush campus with lovely views, industry renowned dining, and endless on-site amenities. We are also very close to shopping, fine dining, the arts, and world-class entertainment.

If an active lifestyle is what you desire, you’ll feel at home in our retirement community where friends and neighbors enjoy our day spa, private movie theater, resident gardens, and lovely grounds.

If you ever need additional care we offer assisted living and memory care services on the same campus. Experience for yourself what makes this extraordinary senior living community one where life keeps getting better and better.

Brand new upscale community (opened in Fall of 2014)located close to shopping, parks, medical facilities with quiet neighborhood. Exceptional food program offering open dining (7am to 7pm) with an award winning Chef. Multiple activity leaders lead a dynamic and resident-centered active environment.

Map of Oakmont of Carmichael