Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova

Reviews of Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova

Assisted Living Reviews for Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova

November 25, 2016

By Frankie365501

I liked Summerset Senior Living. I saw the physical therapy room, the activity room, the spa, and the walk-in tub. The patio was nice and big, and the piano was awesome. The staff was nice and welcoming, and I appreciated them. The place was convenient because it was close to the VA and my church.

October 31, 2016

By Rick220056

If my father would have gone anywhere, he would have gone to Summerset Senior Living. It was the best and nicest facility. The common areas, the rooms, and the staff were great. It was a convenient location near the freeway.

September 13, 2016

By Mike534762

I did not like the mentality of Summerset. It was clean and OK but stuffy. It seemed like it was uptight, and I was not an uptight person. They needed to improve on making it a more relaxed atmosphere and smile a little more. I do not think I saw more than two people in the whole place that looked like they were happy, employees or residents. It was a medium-sized community. I really did not bother doing too much of the tour. They showed me a room, and I said: “OK, thank you very much. I’ll think about it."

September 11, 2016

By Cindy437516

Mom loved Summerset a lot. The staff was very friendly, very nice, and very professional. They treated us to lunch, and the food was really nice. They have a chef in the restaurant, and he served our food restaurant style with little garnishes and sauces. It’s very upscale -- but affordable -- and I was impressed. The people seemed to be very nice and very caring. The rooms were modern, and the colors, paint, and carpeting were all done in a very modern style. The floor plans were acceptable and big.

By ValerieOGYEC

We visited Summerset Senior. It was lovely, but we chose not to go there because the director who evaluated my mother was a bit rude. It's kind of funny. We had a hard time getting anybody to believe that my mother was in the condition she was in because if she didn't act up in front of you, people wouldn't believe you. Until she acted up at the neurologist's office, we were not getting help with her out of control behavior and dementia. It's just difficult. We didn't go with them because the people were zombies. But the place was beautiful and well maintained, and our first impression was really good until they came out and evaluated my mother and wanted to blame us for her condition. When that happens at a facility, you know they already have this preconceived idea about who you are as children of this person. The other thing is that they want to charge you for every little thing they did on top of the base rate, which was quite high. We chose not to go there because of their attitude and all of the added charges. The place felt like a resort.

By GlennCADSZ

Summerset Senior Living is better in terms of price, and it's a newer property. My friend is getting better at this place and having a social life. They take her to the store and her doctor's appointments. The facility has three floors. The second floor is memory care which is a more lock-down type of situation. The first floor has rooms too, but it's where the lobby, the reception, and the restaurant are. On the second floor, there is a laundry facility and a library. My friend has a studio apartment with a refrigerator, a microwave, a sink, kitchen cabinets, heating and air conditioning, small closet space, and a really large bathroom with walk-in shower and handrails everywhere. And it's working out really well for her. She raves about the food and said the burger and fries are to die for. Each meal has choices, and it's a restaurant style setting. The place has easy access to the freeway. It is comfortable, well-maintained, has an outside patio, a fireplace, and a piano.

By RebeccaXKBDB

I’m moving my dad to Summerset because it’s clean, new, friendly, and has lots of fun and interesting activities. The rooms are very clean and very nice. The staff is very friendly, greet everyone, and know the residents by name. It was priced very well.

March 15, 2016

By Anita K.

Summerset was a little less expensive, nearby to where I live, and very new at only about a year old. The dining looked and smelled good. It’s a beautiful facility with a huge fireplace when you walk in; I noticed that residents were sitting and chatting by the fire and looking quite happy. I thought there was a nice ambiance to it. It was spacious and the huge wall of a fireplace was just very attractive. The rooms were also spacious and very nicely done. There were planned shopping trips and trips to go out to eat lunches away from the facility that looked like fun. There were many more activities, but I thought those two would be fun for my mom.

October 28, 2015

By Chuck17

We went to Summerset, and it was not as good as the other facilities I've visited. It was not personable, because it's a bigger place. I also feel that the staff is more interested in getting people in.

August 16, 2015

By Laurie37

Northstar of Rancho Cordova was nice. I did not really care for their patio area. It was just very simple. It did not have a lot of shade. The lady who gave me the tour was very nice. We got to see the rooms. They were very nice as well. The people seemed happy.

June 07, 2015

The people are very friendly and professional at Northstar of Rancho Cordova. They have an onsite nurse and assistant nurses. The memory care unit is secured. You need a code to get in. They are very good at redirecting my father and helping him focus on other things. I am extremely pleased with it. It was set up like a hotel. He has one room and a bathroom, and he has a TV in it with cable access. The food was not fantastic, but it was good and decent. They have activities throughout the day.

January 09, 2015

By Judy100102950

We've been to Northstar in Rancho Cordova for a visit. It's a brand new, really beautiful facility. There were about six people living there when we went out to visit it. The rooms were very nice. There is a big entry way. They have kind of an open seating plan so people don't have to get up and go down the dining room at certain times. It was more of an open dining setting. If it was any closer, we would have probably chosen this facility, but it is the farthest one away. They have a beautiful garden in the back area with tables and chairs. It is a pretty place.

Independent Living Reviews for Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova

Memory Care Reviews for Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova

Costs for Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova

Photos of Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova

Services and Amenities of Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova

At Summerset, you will discover the fun and friendly people who will help you celebrate life's journey. We take care to provide our residents with the services they desire, whether they reside in our independent, assisted living or memory care apartments. Our care staff is well trained to provide the care and services you may need, so that you have more time to focus on the things you enjoy.

Your services & amenities

• Full Service Salon & Massage Center
  • Wi-Fi Throughout Community
  • Libraries & Computer Center
  • Small Pet Friendly

At Summerset, we believe in treating the resident, not the disease. We are focused on the health and well being of our residents. Our memory care staff receives ongoing training with the most up-to-date information and latest interventions for treatment of all forms of dementia.

• Reminiscence Therapy
  • Brain Healthy Diet
  • Social Setting
  • Support Groups
  • Pet Therapy

Summerset Senior Living provides opportunities for social interactions that promote a sense of joy, satisfaction and belonging. Outings, theater, music, card games, book clubs, creative arts and inter generational activities are just a few examples. The community features wireless internet access throughout as well as a fully equipped computer room for the residents use. The property also features a library, TV lounge, spa rooms, full beauty salon, Irish Pub with big screen TV’s and gaming tables, bar which hosts happy hour in which those residents who are able can enjoy a glass of wine or beer.

Map of Summerset Senior Living - Rancho Cordova