52 Assisted Living Facilities near Loomis, CA
There are 52 Assisted Living Facilities in the Loomis area, with 2 in Loomis and 50 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Loomis is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 202 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Loomis. Better rated regions include Rocklin with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Loomis, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Loomis, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Loomis
Loomis is a residential suburb of Rocklin, CA, part of the northeastern Sacramento Metropolitan Area. Home to just 6,800 people, 15 percent of Loomis residents are seniors age 65 and over. At least 52 assisted living facilities dot the hills in and around the Loomis area, where independent seniors can live in safe and comfortable environments with as much privacy as their health allows.
Assisted living facilities in Loomis, like those in other parts of the state, are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Loomis
- The weather in Loomis can be highly seasonal. Summer highs average 92 degrees in September, while January lows average 38 degrees. Just over 18.5 inches of rain falls on Loomis in a typical year, though California's unpredictable droughts can cut annual rainfall by up to a third. The area surrounding Loomis is mostly grassy hills, which raises pollen counts in spring and summer and can cause difficulties for some seniors with asthma or severe allergies.
- The cost of living in Loomis is 75 percent above the national average. This is only somewhat higher than California's overall cost of living, which is 69 percent higher than the national average. Healthcare is, by contrast, relatively affordable in Loomis. Costs here are approximately 12 percent lower than is typical nationwide.
- Crime rates in Loomis are low. In all categories combined, Loomis has a little over half the crime of a similar-sized city in America, while violent crime and crimes against people are less common still.
- Public transportation in the Loomis area is provided by Placer County Transit (PCT). PCT offers express service to downtown Sacramento, as well as TART, an express route up the hill to Truckee and the Sierras. Dial-a-ride service is available for non-scheduled trips, and seniors age 60 and over qualify for discounts on daily, weekly and monthly passes.
- The Loomis area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Kaiser Permanente Roseville Medical Center and Sutter Roseville Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Loomis has an array of community resources for seniors, including Seniors First, an organization that operates senior day programs in Loomis, as well as helping area seniors with transportation and meal service, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Loomis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Loomis start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Loomis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Loomis
Seniors in Loomis can get help paying for the cost of assisted living through California's Medicaid program, known as Medi-Cal. Medi-Cal has income and asset limits for recipients, which can limit program participation.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Loomis
Loomis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Loomis, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Loomis
Loomis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.