17 Assisted Living Facilities near Woodland, CA
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Woodland area, with 7 in Woodland and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Woodland is $2,670 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Loomis with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 60 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Woodland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Woodland 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Davis with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Woodland find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Woodland, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Woodland, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woodland
Woodland, California, population 57,552 is located in Yolo County, 15 miles from Sacramento. In Woodland and all of California, assisted living facilities (ALF) are officially known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFEs. They are regulated by the California Code of Regulations and the California Assisted Living Association (CALA). There are 58 assisted living facilities in the Woodland area, seven in Woodland itself and 51 are in the surrounding area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woodland
- The cost of living in Woodland, California is slightly higher than the national average but lower than the median cost of living in the rest of the state. This means that ALF residents monthly costs are higher and it can be more expensive to get retail goods and services.
- The crime rate in Woodland, California is slightly higher than the national average but is slightly lower than California as a whole. This takes into account both violent and property crimes, such as burglary or vandalism, and could be of concern to safety-minded seniors.
- The Woodland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Woodland Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Woodland is ideal for seniors who love warm weather and sunshine. The city experiences temperatures in excess of 96 degrees in the late summer months, but the rest of the year the temperature hovers in the pleasant 60 to 70-degree range.
- The air quality in Woodland is ten percent worse than the national average. Compared to the rest of California, though, this is ideal for seniors with respiratory problems, as much of the rest of the state is 70 percent worse than the national median.
- Woodland offers many transportation options for seniors. The Woodland Community Care Car, for example, gives rides to local seniors so that they can carry out their daily errands while maintaining their independence.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woodland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Woodland start around $2,670 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woodland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woodland
Eligible seniors can apply for financial assistance for assisted living via programs like Medi-Cal. Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an assisted living facility rather than living in a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woodland
Woodland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Woodland, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woodland
Woodland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Woodland, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Woodland
Review of The Californian
I went to The Californian. I liked it better than the others. The staff was very pleasant, helpful, the rooms were shared, but there's a division in it, and it looked like a 2-bedroom apartment. Th... Read more
Review of The Californian
My grandma was a resident of the community about 10yrs ago. She was so happy there. I only remember great things from visiting her. So now that it is time for my mom to look into a retirement commu... Read more
Review of Palm Gardens Senior Living
Palm Gardens was a good facility. The rooms and the staff were also good. The dining area was clean and the grounds were nice. It's a friendly community. Read more