The Californian Woodland, CA

Reviews of The Californian

Assisted Living Reviews for The Californian

August 22, 2016

By Tammy P.

Not equipped for medical issues. My mother had panic attacks for three days before they notified me that her medicine did not arrive with her from the hospital. Even though they had the doctor's list of medications and directions. I finally had to go to the pharmacy myself to get them. On a friday I told the head medical person that I thought my mother had a UTI and I was told they would fax her doctor to get approval to get a urine sample sent out. On sunday when I called to check status the medical dept. did not know what I was talking about and could not find a fax or any notes in her record. Bad communication between shifts. When they were trying to adjust my mother in bed they were grabbing her arms and I asked if this was standard procedure because it just looked WRONG! And I told them she was on blood thinners. They said they usually use a mat under the patient. I asked that they go and get one and the girl that left to do this huffed and sighed as she left the room. Not a place I want caring for my mother.

June 10, 2016

By Tessie463133

The Californian was good. They were very friendly and did a good job at the presentation. However, it was just too big, and they have one very small elevator. They should fix it to be much quicker.

March 08, 2016

By Chris B.1

The Californian was a very nice place with recent, nice remodelling done. They had a nice cafeteria and a good menu. The rooms were small but seemed OK. The residents looked happy. I would recommend this facility.

March 08, 2016

By Stephanie40

The Californian was a very good facility with good staff and a large dining room. The food was good. The room was of a very nice size and looked good. My grandmother shared a room when she was there. They had a very nice common living room with a TV and a fireplace. They were very helpful to us when we needed a place for my grandmother very quickly and were able to provide her with a room right away.

November 21, 2013

I visited some friends at The Californian. They seemed happy there. It's also a good place to live and decent to look at. The place was nice and clean too.

December 03, 2012

By atillman2

Provider was very impersonal in caring for my relative, and the food was horrible. My grandmother was forced to stay in a room with another occupant who suffered from extreme dementia who screamed and cried at all hours of the night although she asked to be moved to a different room

November 20, 2012

By clmarken

After another challenging and expensive year of in-home care it was time to increase the amount of direct supervision my mom needed. Approaching 92 years of age she still wasn't ready to give up her independence, but knew we were making decisions in her best interest. I needed round the clock supervision, but with flexibility for amount of care provided, and with a dementia diagnosis I also wanted options for total care down the road. My prayers were answered when I found The Californian, assisted living for seniors. My mom moved in almost two months ago and has been thriving ever since. I wish I had made this decision earlier, and given her this experience before her dementia had advanced this far. Her caregivers are the most wonderful, caring and thoughtful people, and they are always so positive--especially on her more difficult days. The facility has a wide range of daily activities, regular outings, and weekly socials. Their menu is top-notch, and we all know how important appetizing meals are. I'm beyond happy with every aspect of our experiences thus far, and want to enthusiastically encourage anyone in the area who is looking for the best assisted living option to check out The Californian.

August 20, 2012

By carebear881

This was a wonderful place for my grandma. The staff was exceptionally kind and caring and patient. It was always immaculately clean. They were just all around amazing people, just really on the ball. I cannot think of a single bad thing to say about them. If any of the workers that helped my grandma during this time ever see these...thank you. So very very much.

Memory Care Reviews for The Californian

Costs for The Californian

Photos of The Californian

Services and Amenities of The Californian

• Fee Structure Extra: We Give Small Amount Of Help, And Understanding V.A., And Direct Them To Those Who Can Help, And Direct Them To Realtors

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Features Extra: Coffee Buffett Bar, Weekly Trips To The Stores, Locked Doors In The Evenings

• Financial Guidance Extra: Card Clubs, Cooking Demonstrations, Happy Hours, Ice Cream Socials

• Staff Patient Ratio: 9:1
  • Minimum Age: 62 Is Policy, But Average Minimum Is Around 75

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About The Californian

Retirement, Assisted Living, Memory Care

• Across street from hospital, next door to doctors clinics.
  • Beautiful rose gardens with walking paths and benches in the front, with patio and plenty of seating near from entrance.
  • Restaurant with open dining, no assigned seating, and waiters to take orders. Daily menu specials with menu changing daily for 5 weeks. Cafe menu that is available from 6:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
  • Activities all day long, excursions in the van weekly and monthly.
  • Full staff who are on duty, awake, 24/7.
  • Back gardens with patio and pavilion.
  • 2 floors with stairs and elevator. Each floor has two wings with community bathrooms for convenience.
  • semi privates, studios and one bedrooms. All have kitchenettes, and large bathrooms.
  • Privately owned for over 25 years.

Map of The Californian