21 Assisted Living Facilities near Dixon, CA
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dixon area, with 1 in Dixon and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Dixon is $3,450 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Woodland with an average starting cost of $2,670.
To help you with your search, browse the 121 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dixon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dixon 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include American Canyon with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dixon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Dixon, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dixon
Dixon is located in Solano County, California, just outside of the Sacramento metropolitan area. The area has a rich history that includes being a major settlement during the Gold Rush. Dixon is home to just over 20,000 residents and 10.8 percent of the population is over 65 years of age. In California, homes that provide assisted living to the elderly are known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs). While there is only one RCF in Dixon, there are another 59 located in surrounding areas such as Davis, Vacaville and Sacramento.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dixon
- Seniors living in Dixon do not have to be concerned about developing or worsening lung-related medical conditions due to the air quality, as it has been assigned a passing grade by the American Lung Association.
- The Dixon area is relatively safe when compared with the rest of California and seniors can worry less about becoming a victim of crime. Property crimes only occur at a rate of 19.03 per 1,000 residents each year in Dixon. Throughout the state of California, an average of 25.53 property crimes occur each year per 1,000 residents.
- There are few facilities to choose from in the event of medical emergencies or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Davis.
- Seniors can safely travel throughout the Dixon area using Readi-Ride, Dixon's public dial-a-ride system.
- While the state of California does not tax Social Security Income, other retirement income is fully taxed by the state, and California's income tax rates are among the highest in the country. Seniors on a budget may want to consider this before choosing an RCF in California.
- Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors can thrive in Dixon's year-round climate. The area gets no snow throughout the year and has an average January low temperature of 38 degrees. By comparison, the average yearly snowfall throughout the country is 22 inches and the average January temperature is much lower, at 22.6 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dixon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Dixon start around $3,450 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dixon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dixon
Dixon seniors who reside in RCFs can apply for assistance with the cost of assisted living under the state's 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver, which is meant to pay for the cost of assisted living services.
Seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income may apply for an Optional State Supplement to help pay for room and board expenses, which are capped by the state for Medicaid eligible residents.
California does not allow family supplementation.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dixon
Dixon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dixon, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dixon
Dixon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dixon
Review of Solano Life House
I toured Solano Life House. The lady was very nice and it seemed she knew what she was doing, but I did not think it was a good fit for my dad. It was nice, and on a smaller side. The rooms were sh... Read more
Review of Solano Life House
My neighbor, once the neighborhood welcome wagon could no longer efficiently take care of herself so the choice was made to find an assisted living environment for her. She was moved into a caring... Read more
Review of Solano Life House
My close friend was in need of a place to stay where she could get some assistance right away. Solano Life House was recommended and after a tour of the facility SLH was chosen. There were many c... Read more