27 Assisted Living Facilities near Fairfield, CA
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fairfield area, with 15 in Fairfield and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fairfield is $2,834 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Suisun City with an average starting cost of $2,350.
To help you with your search, browse the 93 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fairfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fairfield 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Vacaville with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fairfield, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Fairfield, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fairfield
Located in Solano County, Fairfield, California, sits on the outskirts of Sacramento in the North Bay area of the San Francisco Bay. A little more than 116,000 people call Fairfield home, almost 12 percent are ages 65 and over. For those who require some assistance with activities of daily living and who wish to reside in a supportive community of peers, there are 13 local assisted living facilities and 48 nearby. They are strictly regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fairfield
- Residents in Fairfield have a lower cost of living than the state average by around 8 percent. This figure is still 41 percent higher than the national average. Seniors in the city pay 14 percent more on health care, 16 percent more on groceries and 12 percent more on transportation than others do.
This helps seniors living on a low-income budget manage their funds.
- Fairfield has mild temperatures year-round that rarely exceed 84 degrees in the warmest months, July through September. December and January, the coldest months, rarely exceed lows of 48 degrees but have high average rainfalls around this time.
- The city of Fairfield has a crime rate higher than 73 percent of neighborhoods comparable in size. Residents face a 1 in 34 chance of being victimized in either a violent or property crime, which may make seniors feel unsafe.
- California is known for not being tax-friendly and does not provide seniors with a tax-exemption on retirement income other than SSI. Redwood City residents have a combined 8.375 percent sales tax compared to the 6 percent national average and 8.54 percent state average.
- The Fairfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including NorthBay Medical Center, Sutter Regional Medical Foundation and Kaiser Permanente Fairfield Medical Offices.
- Fairfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Adult Recreation Center, an organization that caters to anyone 50 and older and offers programs, holiday events, trips, vacations and social interactions, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fairfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Fairfield start around $2,834 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fairfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fairfield
Med-Cali (Medicare) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS) are the three available financial assistance options to eligible seniors considering Fairfield assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fairfield
Fairfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fairfield, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fairfield
Fairfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Fairfield, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fairfield
Review of Rockville Terrace Senior Living
My mother lived in Rockville Terrace in their assisted living and we liked it. They have memory care as well. It's a really good place. They had lots of activities and one activity person who was t... Read more
Review of Rockville Terrace Senior Living
My in-laws are now in the assisted part of Rockville Terrace. They like it there. I am impressed by it. It looks very nice and clean. My in-laws say the food is good. They also have a nice choice o... Read more
Review of Loving Place
Nice, quite and clean facility. Caregivers are caring and food is good. Administrator Goldie is an R.N. and she is very responsive to family & resident's comment or complaints. My mother is hap... Read more