95 Assisted Living Facilities near Napa, CA
There are 95 Assisted Living Facilities in the Napa area, with 26 in Napa and 69 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Napa is $4,388 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Sonoma with an average starting cost of $3,997.
To help you with your search, browse the 222 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Napa. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Napa 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include American Canyon with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Napa, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Napa, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Napa
The city of Napa is the county seat of Napa County, one of the world’s most famous wine-producing regions. With its proximity to wineries and the abundance of historic districts, the city is a vibrant home to 79,774 residents, 14.9 percent of whom are 65 and above. This senior group has plenty of assisted living options to choose from, with 26 facilities located within the city and 70 more in surrounding neighborhoods.
In Napa City and the rest of California, these facilities are called Residential Care for the Elderly or RCFEs and are licensed through the Senior Care Licensing Program of the state’s Community Care Licensing Division, Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Napa
- Napa has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Napa Senior Center, a recreational venue that offers various health and fun activities to residents at least 50 years old. Services include fitness classes, holiday meals and crafts.
- The Napa area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the St. Joseph Health-Queen of the Valley Medical Center and the Napa State Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Napa Valley Transportation Authority operates the Vine Transit, a public transportation service within the city of Napa and the rest of the county. Seniors 65 and above are given fare discounts.
- California’s income tax policy does not offer much financial relief to seniors. Although Social Security earnings are tax-exempt, other forms of retirement and pension income are fully taxed. With the state’s high income tax rates, this leaves Napa seniors with less funds for their expenses.
- The city of Napa is one of California’s more expensive locations, with an overall cost of living index of 177.5, surpassing the state’s 168.6 and the national index of 100. However, Napa seniors get to enjoy relatively more affordable healthcare, which at 91, is lower than the state and national averages.
- Sunny days are prevalent in Napa throughout the year, averaging at 260 days annually. The comfort index is listed at 81 out of 100, with summer’s high average temperature of 86 degrees just slightly above the comfort range of 70 to 80 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Napa
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Napa start around $4,388 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Napa and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Napa
Seniors residing in RCFEs within Napa and the rest of California have limited access to public financial funding. The Assisted Living Waiver is only available in selected counties and does not include Napa County. As an additional financing option, seniors can avail themselves of California’s optional state supplement to the Federal Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Napa
Napa and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Napa, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Napa
Napa-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Napa, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Napa
Review of Aegis Living Napa
Aegis Living Napa was very nice. The dealbreaker for them was their community service fees, which were almost double everybody else's. The surroundings were lovely, the rooms were adequate, but I w... Read more
Review of Brookdale Napa
Brookdale Napa is located in a beautiful open field in Napa and my brother saw it as inviting. The community in Napa plus the facility and the person who gave us the tour were all very inviting. Th... Read more
Review of Aegis Living Napa
We went to Aegis of Napa. We walked in and we loved it. We loved the people too, and that's why my mom is there now. Her apartment has a bathroom, a bedroom, and a small kitchen area. The community... Read more