60 Assisted Living Facilities near Kenwood, CA
Also serving communities of Saint Helena.
There are 60 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kenwood area, with 3 in Kenwood and 57 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kenwood is $3,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 191 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kenwood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kenwood 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sebastopol with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kenwood, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Kenwood, CA
57 Assisted Living Facilities near Kenwood, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kenwood
Kenwood is a small eastern suburb of Santa Rosa, near the central hills of California's Sonoma Wine Country. Sonoma County is home to 174,000 people, 15.6 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over. At least 61 assisted living facilities dot the manicured farm country in and around Kenwood, where seniors can live as independently as their health allows in safe and comfortable surroundings.
Kenwood's assisted living facilities, like those in the rest of the state, are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kenwood
- Kenwood rests against the reverse slope of California's steep coastal range, which gives it sometimes variable weather. Summer highs in Kenwood average 82 degrees, while winter lows average 39 degrees. Slightly less than 31 inches of rain reach the Kenwood area, which raises pollen in the fields around town and can irritate some seniors' asthma.
- The cost of living in Kenwood is two-and-a-half times higher than the national average. The median home cost in Kenwood is well over $1 million, though in some other areas local costs can be significantly lower than average. Healthcare, for example, costs 8 percent less in Kenwood than the national average.
- Kenwood's crime rate is very low, even by the already-low standards of Sonoma County. Even in neighboring Santa Rosa, crime rates are roughly 20 percent lower across the board than national figures. Violent crime rates are lower still, with most of the reported crimes in the area classed as theft or other property violations.
- For travel to and from San Francisco, Golden Gate Transit operates four bus routes daily with ADA-compliant buses. Rail transportation in the Kenwood area is provided by Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART), which runs trains out as far as the Marin Headlands, near San Rafael. Seniors and adults with disabilities qualify for discounted fares on both services.
- The Kenwood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital and Adventist Health St. Helena, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Sonoma County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kenwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Kenwood start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kenwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kenwood
As residents of Sonoma County, Kenwood's seniors can take advantage of California's Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver program, which covers some or all of the cost of assisted living in 15 counties statewide.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kenwood
Kenwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kenwood, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kenwood
Kenwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kenwood
Review of Green Acres Manor
My mom moved into Green Acres Manor and it has been wonderful. The facility and its grounds are beautiful and very nice. It's very much feels like being at home feeling and the security is great. T... Read more
Review of Green Acres Manor
I'm currently a resident of Green Acres Manor. It is very good. We have music twice a week and some physical activity once a week. There is sort of a library, but there is no chapel or pool. The fo... Read more
Review of Green Acres Manor
My mother-in-law stays in this facility. We opted for this because it seems well run. There are grounds where residents could take a walk and there are sitting areas as well. She stays in a very ni... Read more