54 Assisted Living Facilities near Penngrove, CA
There are 54 Assisted Living Facilities in the Penngrove area, with 2 in Penngrove and 52 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 214 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Penngrove. Better rated regions include Rohnert Park with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Penngrove, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Penngrove, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Penngrove
Penngrove is a tourism-heavy small city in the ridgeline valleys north of Petaluma, in the scenic wilderness above Sonoma County's wine vineyards. The northern Petaluma area is home to almost 61,000 people, and just over 16 percent of Penngrove's residents are seniors age 65 and over.
Seniors in Penngrove can live independently and in safe, comfortable environments in one of the area's 57 assisted living facilities. Assisted living facilities in Penngrove, like those across the state, are regulated and licensed by the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Penngrove
- The climate in Penngrove is ideal for growing grapes for wine and wildflowers for sale, two of the chief industries here. Summertime highs average 82 degrees, while winters in the hill country average 38 degree lows. Much of the rain that blows in off the ocean is dropped on the western slopes of the mountains, but Penngrove still gets 26.5 inches a year.
- The cost of living in Penngrove is more than double the national average. Median home prices in town are just short of $1 million. Healthcare is relatively affordable in Penngrove. Hospital and provider care in Penngrove average fully 8 percent less expensive than the national average rate.
- Crime rates in Penngrove are low across the board. Violent crime is rare, and even the more common property crimes are still infrequent, compared with rates elsewhere in California and across the country. Penngrove has an overall crime rate that's at least 40 percent lower than the national average across categories of reported crime.
- Penngrove seniors can get discount public transportation aboard Sonoma County Transit's local bus lines. SCT operates scheduled routes and disabled ride services throughout the Penngrove area, and the network connects at several points with the BART system, which provides transit services throughout the Bay Area.
- The Penngrove area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as St. Joseph Health and Sonoma Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Penngrove, a part of Sonoma County, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Penngrove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Penngrove start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Penngrove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Penngrove
Seniors in Penngrove who need help with some or all of the cost of assisted living may be eligible for a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver from the state. Sonoma County is one of just 15 counties in the state to participate in this program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Penngrove
Penngrove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Penngrove, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Penngrove
Penngrove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.