65 Assisted Living Facilities near Sebastopol, CA
There are 65 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sebastopol area, with 5 in Sebastopol and 60 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sebastopol is $5,000 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Santa Rosa with an average starting cost of $4,393.
To help you with your search, browse the 195 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sebastopol. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sebastopol 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sebastopol, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Sebastopol, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sebastopol
Huddled in the heart of California's wine country, Sebastopol is a small town with big-city amenities that may appeal to seniors, including state-of-the-art healthcare facilities and the Sebastopol Center for the Arts.
More than 7,000 people make their homes here, and 23.3 percent of them are 65 or older. Seniors who are looking for assisted living in the area have plenty of options to consider, including six facilities in Sebastopol and 58 more nearby, which are licensed in California as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sebastopol
- Many assisted living facilities offer outings for their residents, and in Sebastopol, the list of possible destinations is limitless. The area is home to parks, vineyards, wineries, shops, restaurants, farmers' markets and more. Top local attractions that may be of interest to seniors include the Sebastopol Center for the Arts and Luther Burbank's Gold Ridge Experiment Farm.
- Seniors who pick an assisted living community in Sebastopol can take advantage of the city's pleasant, mild climate to engage in outdoor activities throughout the year. The city's average high temperature in the summer is 83 degrees, and the average winter low is 38 degrees.
- The Sebastopol area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Palm Drive Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- As for living expenses in Sebastopol, the cost of healthcare for seniors is typically about 8 percent below the U.S. average. Seniors who buy their groceries in the area, however, can expect to pay about 11 percent more than the national average.
- Safe, reliable public transportation is a must for many of Sebastopol's seniors. Sonoma County Transit serves the city and outlying areas. Seniors 65 or older can receive a sizable discount on their fares by showing proof of age.
- Taking property and violent crimes into account, Sebastopol has a rate of 20 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is about the same as other towns that have a similar number of residents.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sebastopol
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Sebastopol start around $5,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sebastopol and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sebastopol
Eligible seniors may be able to use California’s Assisted Living Waiver Program to help pay their assisted living expenses. Financial aid may also be available to seniors who have Supplemental Security Income (SSI) through California's Optional State Supplement program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sebastopol
Sebastopol and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sebastopol, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sebastopol
Sebastopol-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sebastopol
Review of Live Oak Rest Home
In the Fall of 2008, upon the recommendation of a long-time friend, whose elderly mother moved to Sebastopol from Montana, I moved my very elderly mother-in-law from very unpleasant, crowded nursin... Read more
Review of Live Oak Rest Home
My Grandmother seemed to really love living there. She felt comfortable with the staff, who seemed very friendly. She originally did not want to move out of her home.Once she moved in she became at... Read more
Review of Live Oak Rest Home
This is an ideal setting for people who don't need to move around a lot or are mentally compromised and who prefer the intimate feeling of a home. The location is a bit tucked away"”in a quiet and ... Read more