41 Assisted Living Facilities near Rohnert Park, CA
Also serving communities of Cotati.
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rohnert Park area, with 3 in Rohnert Park and 38 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rohnert Park is $4,572 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 148 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rohnert Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rohnert Park 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Santa Rosa with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rohnert Park, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rohnert Park, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rohnert Park
Rohnert Park is known as 'The Friendly City' and was one of the nation's first planned communities. Today it is home to around 42,000 people, almost 11 percent of whom are aged 65 and over. There are three assisted living facilities in Rohnert Park and a further 54 in nearby communities that accommodate seniors who are looking for help with their daily activities. In California, these senior communities are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). They are monitored by California's Department of Social Services, Senior Care Licensing Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rohnert Park
- Sonoma County, including Rohnert Park, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The city of Rohnert Park offers mini-bus transportation to seniors to attend medical appointments, shopping or other appointments in Rohnert Park and Santa Rosa. This service operates on weekdays and can be scheduled in advance.
- Air quality in Sonoma County, including Rohnert Park, is very good. The county received A grades from the American Lung Association in particle pollution and ozone pollution. This can be beneficial for the health of seniors with respiratory illnesses.
- The weather in Rohnert Park is comfortable year around. In summer, the high temperature averages 82 degrees, and the January low is around 38. Seniors who enjoy relaxing outside may appreciate Rohnert Park's 255 days of sunshine each year.
- The City of Rohnert Park has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Santa Rosa.
- The cost of living in Rohnert Park is very high compared to the rest of the United States. Although health care costs are lower than the national average, the costs of groceries and transportation are over ten percent higher. Overall, Rohnert Park is 65 percent more expensive than the U.S. average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rohnert Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Rohnert Park start around $4,572 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rohnert Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rohnert Park
California's Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) is available in selected counties, including Sonoma County, so seniors in Rohnert Park can apply for financial assistance through the program. Seniors receiving Social Security income may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rohnert Park
Rohnert Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rohnert Park, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rohnert Park
Rohnert Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rohnert Park
Review of Clearwater at Sonoma Hills
Clearwater at Sonoma Hill has not opened yet but I am intending to go there once they do open. I have visited this place several times, it was beautiful. I was meaning to get a 1-bedroom apartment ... Read more
Review of Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living
While I like Rohnert Park a lot, it was not what we needed. The lady who helped me was great. The overall experience was great. She was so friendly, and she really liked the people there. I really ... Read more
Review of Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living
My brother-in-law is in Rohnert Park Retirement Community. It's a lovely community, and if you dont have to be in assisted living, anybody would want to live there. If you're an independent person... Read more