Oakmont Gardens

Reviews of Oakmont Gardens

Assisted Living Reviews for Oakmont Gardens

August 04, 2016

By CAPT L

My sister and I moved our father into an Assisted Living apartment in Oakmont Gardens 2 weeks ago. At age 94, he needed routine assistance with every-day activities and care that we could not provide at home. Although we were very apprehensive about placing him in an assisted living environment, we knew that the time was right to do so. Much to our delight he really enjoys living there and has adapted to his new environment without any issues. The staff is kind, caring, and compassionate and does a great job attending to his needs. He especially enjoys the food and really likes the "steak and eggs at any time" option. I highly recommend Oakmont Gardens to anyone looking for a high quality assisted living facility in the Sonoma County area.

July 27, 2016

By Heather655062

We went to Oakmont Gardens. It’s nice, but the layout is very confusing for seniors to try to get back to their apartments. It’s a bit of a maze with long hallways and corners. It’s not a straight layout. The rooms are nice but smaller. The staff is very nice. They have the same activities as the other community we visited, like lectures, movie nights, and happy hour. They all offer the same things. The dining area and everything looks nice. The layout is very confusing, and there’s nothing they can do because the way that it’s laid out. It has halls, corners, and turns and so somebody trying to get back to their apartment is going to get lost.

June 28, 2016

By Mitchell767863

Oakmont Gardens' rooms were great, nice, and roomy. The deluxe one was really nice and had a nice, big bathroom, and I thought it would accommodate my father pretty well. I had lunch there, and it was actually very good. My parents had lunch there, but they were not very happy. They said that the hot meals weren't very good, and they complained. My sister and I ate there, and our meals were great. The help was very good as far as waiting on us. It was a little dark, but I liked the setting and I think they would be comfortable there.

June 28, 2016

By Howard750762

Oakmont Gardens was a big place and nice for more active people. It had pretty much everything you could want there. The common areas were very nice. They had all sorts of activities and lots of things to do. What stood out to me was the fact that it was large, clean, and had lots of activities. The staff was great and nice. They only had one- and two-bedrooms, no studios. The dining room was great.

July 20, 2015

Oakmont Gardens is very clean and organized. It's spotless. The staff was very helpful. They explained everything, and they walked me through things. They gave me a tour, and they were not pushy. My mom had a two bedroom and two baths. She loves it. She loves the food and the activities as well. She had friends that were there, so that made the transition a lot easier. Their food is delicious, and they have different varieties, so that is very good.

April 01, 2014

I know Oakmont Gardens because I have a friend there. It's only two stories, and she has a living room and two bedrooms. She has a kitchen with a stove, a refrigerator, and they have a very nice dining room where you can eat. They have three meals if you want them. Their grounds are very nice. Some of the residents even have a little garden that they tend to. You can use the swimming pool. Oakmont is a retirement community. They also have senior houses. She gets her laundry, and she gets the cleaning once a week, and she eats in the dining room. They go shopping and over Christmas, we went to go to different places. Once, they went to Las Vegas. The food is not to my liking. I am German. I like dark bread more. They have this American bread and the teas. It's not my type of food, but maybe the Americans like it.

May 16, 2013

By caring4869

Oakmont Gardens was very nice. The apartments were good-sized and the place seemed extremely well-kept. They had great activities and great food, but it was strictly assisted living, so it wasn't really staffed well for people with disabilities or possibly dementia, which older people apparently get very often. My mom's at a level of dementia where she can live in assisted living, but she has to have enough staff available for her memory care.

Independent Living Reviews for Oakmont Gardens

January 29, 2016

By Linda119082150

Of all the places that I've visited over the years, Oakmont Gardens is my favorite. For one thing, they offer independent living and their rates are much better than some of the other places that offer independent living. I like the rooms, and their dining area is lovely. The woman who was showing me around was knowledgeable.

Questions about Oakmont Gardens

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Oakmont Gardens. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our assisted living residents is 88-100 years. They enjoy daily exercise classes, music, history classes, bingo, card games, crafts and happy hours.

What programs or activities does Oakmont Gardens offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily exercise classes, 10 Junior College classes, music, art, bible study, bingo, cards, socialization with neighbors

What places are near Oakmont Gardens or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Central Activity Center directly across the street. Heated swimming pool year round, fitness center, library, performing arts center, banks, grocery store, pet groomers, restaurants, dentists, dermatologist, audiologist

What transportation services does Oakmont Gardens offer to assisted living residents?

Twice a week transportation to doctors, trips to grocery stores and other scheduled outings such as lunches, dinners, plays, clothes shopping, pharmacy's etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Oakmont Gardens exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Daily Chef specials (2 for lunch & 2 for dinner to choose from) along with 18 other items; special diets are accommodated, homemade desserts from our pastry Chef, themed dinners monthly

What safety features or security measures does Oakmont Gardens offer to assisted living residents?

24/7 onsite concierge along with 24/7 caregivers and medication managers. Emergency pendants for each resident along with pull cords in each apartment, daily room checks and personalized care plans for each resident

How does Oakmont Gardens keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Regular phone calls and care plan meetings set by our nurse if there is any change of condition or updates necessary; Community notifications go out via "Voice Friend" automated calls from the Executive Director.

If Oakmont Gardens accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Indoor cats only please. Dogs are allowed if under 40 pounds and limited to the ground floor or second floor apartments where there is a patio/balcony and easy access to elevators and lots of outdoor gardens and pathways. Enjoy a stroll among the village neighborhood along paved sidewalks and the Annadale hiking trails.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Regular inservices are provided

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Oakmont Gardens. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our independent living residents is 78-92 years. They enjoy daily exercise classes, 10 Junior college courses such as history classes, music appreciation, Geneology, Spanish, art class, bingo, card games, church, and happy hours.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Oakmont Gardens has organized?

Plays, Concerts, trip to San Francisco & bodega bay, Site seeing tours, dinners, movies, shopping

What transportation services does Oakmont Gardens offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Oakmont Gardens exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Any time dining between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Daily Chef specials (2 for lunch & 2 for dinner to choose from) along with 18 other items; special diets are accommodated, Champagne Sunday Brunch, homemade desserts from our pastry Chef, themed dinners monthly

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Community lobby with living room, fireplace, bistro with fresh coffee, fruit and pastries. Large Activities Room, Craft Room, Community Garden, central fountain courtyard, walking paths

What safety features or security measures does Oakmont Gardens offer to independent living residents?

24/7 onsite concierge along . Security guard outside after dark. Outside doors locked by 8pm but accessible with resident apartment key, pull cords in each apartment, daily room checks by housekeeping using our "pin" system.

Does Oakmont Gardens work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

What safety features or security measures does Oakmont Gardens provide to protect residents who wander?

Wander guard alarm system is in place at each door

Costs for Oakmont Gardens

• General Store
  • Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Tennis Courts
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, All The Amenities Of The Oakmont Village Association

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Guidance Extra: New Choice Waiver Not Accepted Medicaid Not Accepted

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: RCFE License #496803404

About Oakmont Gardens

Located within the popular Oakmont Village Retirement Community, Oakmont Gardens provides resort style senior living in a campus setting. As a member of Oakmont Village, you will enjoy a wide range of amenities including swimming pools, soothing spas, state of the art fitness center, golf course, tennis, library, club room as well as the highly respected Berger Center for concerts and cultural events. Oakmont is just a short distance to fine dining, shopping and medical services located in Santa Rosa.

Santa Rosa senior living at Oakmont Gardens is as active and carefree as you desire. You can choose from a variety of social and educational opportunities while enjoying our service enriched lifestyle. You may opt to relax in any of the several open air courtyards, socialize at the Café, garden in the raised planter beds or enjoy a book by the fireplace in our cozy library. Whether you prefer a spacious independent living apartment or require the additional support available with an assisted living suite, our team of dedicated associates is committed to enriching your life and providing a warm, friendly environment with the finest services and amenities; and the most attentive support and care, everything to make you feel at home.

Located in a rural setting outside of Santa Rosa - Within a larger 55+ restricted community: includes access to the community center, golf course, pool, spa, fitness center, computer center, library, social hall, Berger Performing Arts Center - Wonderful community garden - Several courtyards with large oak trees

Map of Oakmont Gardens