Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living

Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living

August 15, 2015

My parents are at Brookdale Rohnert Park. We’re very satisfied with it. They have exercise, outings, movies, art classes, poker, bingo, and music. The room is spacious enough, but I’m not happy with the shower set-up in the assisted living. You have to step up, and it is a very small area.

May 12, 2015

My mother-in-law is going to be moving to Brookdale Rohnert Park. Everyone was very friendly and willing to go out of their way to show us different rooms. They have just purchased this facility, so they are improving everything over time. The dining room was very nice. They have big band concert every week, they have happy hour every Wednesday, they have bus rides to local theater, and they have all kinds of clubs. It seemed like it's a very active place. There was a large central area with a piano and a library where they have concerts and gatherings. However, the HVAC systems in the room were very old and very bulky, and they took up a lot of space. Also their controls were very low, so it would be very hard for an old person to be able to set the control because they are only like a foot from the ground.

April 27, 2015

Originally my friend was in independent living, but she broke her hip so now she is in assisted living. My son did a research on Brookdale Rohnert Park, and he just looked at various ones too and came up with them. I kept with contact with them off and on, and as far as I am concerned the service was good. The rooms there as far as one-bedroom apartments looked fine as far as I'm concerned. As for activities, they have quite a few. They have crafts, exercises, and a lot of things going every day.

April 24, 2015

We choose Brookdale for my mom because of the price, location, and the feeling of the place. The people working there are OK. The rooms are really clean, and my mother is very happy there. They have activities. I like that it has an open space with lots of natural sunlight, and the staff seems really supportive and trustworthy.

April 20, 2015

By Lou8

We pick Brookdale in Rohnert Park for my parent. We are extremely impressed, and the environment there doesn't have that isolated feeling. It has a very resort like feeling. The dining room is a first class dining room. People going there tend to dress nicely because of the environment. We tried the food, and it is fantastic. It is like going into a fine dining restaurant. They have line dancing to a lot of different people coming in performing music. They had a lot of physical fitness type stuff for people to be involved. They are low key, but it's just to get them motivated. What is really nice is that in about a month they are going to open up a physical fitness or therapy facility in there, so you don't have to go to a different facility for your physical therapy treatment. Two times a month -- like yesterday -- my father-in-law jumps on their mini-bus, and they go to fishermen's warp for lunch for about three hours and comes back. They do a lot of things like that. The apartments are beautiful. They are very well done and very private. The community is like a family. They are welcoming and always encouraging each other to participate with what is going on. They are very concerned about each other when they don't see someone for a day or two. It is very spacious. There is a lot of sitting/garden areas. It just presents itself better.

November 29, 2014

Emeritus at Rohnert Park was a pleasant-looking facility, and it’s very clean. The staff were all pleasant. They all greet you and treat you like a relative. We ate there, and the food was satisfactory. They have a very large pool. What I didn’t seem to like about them is that it's not close to any small village or city. It seemed to be a little further out than the other places.

October 04, 2014

By Anne Elliot

My relative is very upset by the decline in services since new management took place. Everything from the quality of food, the housekeeping, the temperature of the common areas, the responses to calls has caused distress.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss them in greater detail.

June 30, 2014

My parents are in Emeritus at Rohnert Park. We chose it because it has a large two-bedroom apartment, so my parents are together and each has their own room. My mom has a queen-size bed with a nice window overlooking pine trees and green spaces. It has a double closet and space for her desk. They are in the independent living, but they have to bring in care because my dad needs 24-hour care. I think the place is just fine, and the staff is very good. They are very friendly and helpful. My mom doesn't love the food, but she thinks it's OK. I would like to see them have some things that are a little healthier, wheat-free and organic. However, the garden and the landscaping are nice. They have a beautiful rose garden, and there are nice greens everywhere. The people are very friendly too. They have a lot of good activities. They have a big fireplace in the living room where people are always doing physical therapy activities, playing with balls or doing games, playing music together, singing or doing performances, and they bring in people from the community to do performances. So it is very nice.

December 13, 2013

The first thing we did when we visited Emeritus at Rohnert Park was eat. They have chefs there and you can order anything anytime. It's like a restaurant. They have gardens, walkways, and places that you can go. We just wanted to look at a two bedroom and two bath apartments, but they actually have many floor plans to look at. Their rooms are big. It's a modern facility and it’s impressive.

Independent Living Reviews for Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living

March 28, 2018

By Father Mark

We went to Brookdale Rohnert Park. The apartments were very nice and had good storage, but the food was absolutely horrible. The facility was excellent, but the dining room was miserable and parking would be a 2 or even a 1. Many times, you have to park in the emergency parking in order to find a place to park, but if you're going to be living there, that would not be acceptable. The layout was extensive, and if you want to consider how far you'd have to go from your residence to the dining room, it would be about a 3 because you'd have to take a bus. For those of us who are low energy and use walkers, it would be an enormous task to go there for a meal. They had a little coffee shop, but it's very ill equipped. We were very unhappy with our lunch. They were not welcoming there at all.

We apologize that your tour of Brookdale Rohnert Park did not meet all of your expectations. Please be assured our staff is continuously committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident and we will share your feedback with our management team.

April 26, 2017

By Jan133774

Brookdale Rohnert Park is my favorite one and I am considering moving in, but I have some reservations. It is absolutely beautiful and looks like an upscale hotel. The residents had a wider range of age. The grounds were fabulous and had a swimming pool, three or four park-like areas, and a closed-in, glass breeze way between buildings, like a big, long and enclosed hallway, which is gorgeous and keeps you out of the rain. They had little tables and chairs in there, too. The director was fabulous; I was very impressed with her but not with the sales manager. I really didn’t feel like she knew everything she was supposed to know. I thought she was very unprofessional and not good at her job at all. She was perfectly nice, but when I met her I didn’t feel confident in her. I went back, had lunch, and had quite a long talk with the director. I asked one of the residents who I saw in the parking lot when I went the first time how she liked it there and she told me that it was fine, but not as good as it used to be. They were the only one that had full kitchens with an oven; none of the others had ovens or microwaves. It had lots of counter space and the best storage of any place with enormous closets, and was much better appointed than the others. It is newer and absolutely gorgeous. They seemed to have lots of activities, and the food was very good. In addition to the restaurant, they had a café open for the afternoons if you miss the lunch hour or if you just want something else from a limited menu. I saw people go in for lunch, get their food to go, and sit out by the swimming pool and eat. They had tables, chairs, and umbrellas out there, so it was lovely. They said they had a nice range of ages there, which impressed me. They said that I could come and stay for a week or a month, which I'd have to pay for if I want to try it out, and I am thinking about doing that.

August 16, 2016

By Eleanor544706

We stayed for two months in Brookdale last year. They gave us a trial, and we didn’t like it. They had just taken over from Emeritus, and we saw the food go downhill. They used to have a Sunday brunch that was wonderful, but they got rid of that. However, they had this professor who was wonderful, and they had exercise classes, which was good.

June 10, 2016

By Elisabeth685076

I am impressed with Brookdale Rohnert Park’s availability and the community. It seems like it is a good community for my father. The care is very good and of high quality. The staff is very nice. My father has a one-bedroom apartment with a living room. It is very clean and mostly modern. He likes the food there very much, and the dining area is very open and large with many tables. They have activities like music, arts, and outings.

December 16, 2015

By Jerry118112550

I visited Brookdale Rohnert Park. I thought it was very nice and would have been my first choice. I was very impressed with the layout of the place. The staff was very pleasant and very helpful. They took the time to show me around and explain their programs and activities. They spent about an hour and a half with me, so, I was very impressed. I did not eat there, but it was during lunch and a lot of people were eating. That looked very nice. They had a bus that would take them to visit medical facilities or any recreational activities. They showed me their activities room where people do various activities, which I thought looked very good and very nice. It was closer to my son’s house and less expensive.

June 29, 2015

Brookdale Rohnert Park is a very nice place. Food wasn’t quite up to the standard, although that was fine. The dining room was fine and comfortable. It's pleasant overall. We heard a run-down of every activity, and it seemed satisfactory to us.

August 13, 2014

My mom moved in to Emeritus at Rohnert Park about three months ago. Her stay there has been wonderful. We are very pleased with it. The staff is very wonderful. They keep a good eye out for her. My mother is fitting in quite nicely. She is enjoying the outings such as visits to the wineries. Also, she is doing exercise four days a week. She has met some friends. There are a lot of opportunities for socializing there as well as activities that she likes to do. We have had lunch with mom several times. She has brought the whole family to Sunday brunch there; that's one of the best things. The meal plan is very open and she can whatever she wants. They eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, which she likes. They have two different size portions, so she can pick what size portion she wants. They really control the sweets and the breads, so her eating habits are a lot more balanced. Also, my mom likes her room there. She would like it to be a little bigger, but we are trying to tell her that she doesn't need to have as much space there. But her living room was furnished very much like her own home. With regard to the people there, they really do so much for the residents there. They check on them. They are wonderful. The people that work there like working there.

March 31, 2014

By Ann45

Mom lived in Merrill Gardens. The food, the staff, everyone was wonderful. They just seemed to care. It's a nice facility. It's just my mom needed to be around her family more. That's the only reason we moved her out. They have an activities coordinator and everyone who came around. I know they had bingo and all kinds of outings. They had lots of stuff going on.

December 12, 2012

By SuzNc

My mother moved into Merrill Gardens, Rohnert Park under great duress. One hundred years old, she had been living in a retirement community for more than 10 years when she suffered an infection that required her to be hospitalized and undergo a serious operation, followed by a period of home health care. Moreover, she has advanced macular degeneration and is very hard of hearing. Once she returned from the hospital, it became obvious that she could no longer continue living independently, even with part-time home care. At that point, my husband and I began looking for an assisted living facility within the same general geographic location. My mother did not welcome the idea of moving. She resented having to leave the house where she had been living happily for many years, not to mention the friends and acquaintances in her community. Additionally, she dreaded a change of environment and felt personally offended at losing her independence. It was painful for us, as well as for her, to face the necessity of relocation. Nevertheless, change had to come. Even Mom reluctantly recognized that she could no longer care for herself, and could not tolerate having in-home caregivers "violate her space," as she put it. So, my husband and I began a round of visits to local assisted living facilities. While we admired and liked many of them, none seemed quite right. Every situation is different, but my mother's is truly exceptional: Despite her visual and auditory handicaps, she is physically quite strong, walks without assistance, and is mentally very keen. We could not place her in an environment where she would receive care and kindness without physical and mental stimulation! The moment we stepped into Merrill Gardens, we realized that we had found the perfect fit. Like many elder care facilities, it is pleasant, well furnished and cheerful. But, much more important, its residents appeared actively engaged. The facility offers both independent and assisted living arrangements, which are not segregated, but occupy the same building, so there is no sense of isolation for residents who require a higher level of care. Moreover, there is a continual program of activities: classes, lectures, exercise sessions, trips and tours, parties, celebrations, open house occasions for family and friends, and a lavish, festive champagne brunch every Sunday! Another excellent characteristic of Merrill Gardens is that it is large enough to allow for a variety of activities and relationships, yet intimate enough to provide customized service. To be sure, the dispensation of medications and nurse visits are a regular part of the routine for the assisted living residents, but the staff -- unfailingly kind, cheerful and accommodating -- helps in myriad other ways. They have offered my mother transportation to the doctor for unscheduled but necessary appointments, accompanied her on special shopping trips, relayed telephone messages when she cannot hear a caller, and even helped her set up tea and snacks in her private apartment when she wanted to invite outside guests. As one more immensely helpful, personal service, a staff member cleans out her hearing aids on a daily basis. My mother is a courageous woman who struggles to maintain all the independence and vigor of her life despite the challenges of advanced age. If she had been placed in a different facility, we think she would have been deeply unhappy and perhaps lost that stubborn spirit that has guided her through so many successful years. Luck led us to Merrill Gardens, and that has allowed her, not just to stay alive, but to flourish and thrive.

July 23, 2012

By warrior111

I have been volunteering at Merrill Gardens for more than a year now and I have enjoyed every minute of it. The staff is amazing; all the residents are cared for and looked after relentlessly. There are pools and game rooms available for the residents to interact with one another and maintain their health. The facility is very large and has a lot of rooms. It is very spacious and clean and is a very welcoming environment. I have worked there helping the residents with how to use computers since they all are eager to stay in touch with family and friends as well as browse the occasional websites. I feel like I am able to teach them quite a bit since my knowledge with computers is pretty great and so I get a rewarding feeling everytime I help them. All in all, the facility is amazing and is a great place to have a loved one reside. I would highly recommend this facility without reservations and it has and will continue to be a pleasure working there.

June 29, 2012

By trecletarts32

Merril Gardens is a great place to have residents feel like they have control of their own life again. I see that the residents are happy and feel independent even though they live in "assisted living". There are ample opportunities the facility provides that enable the residents to socialize as well as many times a week in which vans go out to local shopping centers and farmers markets. The design of the place is quaint with modern, yet antique touches which makes the place feel home-y and comfortable. I frequently see family visiting and thanking the staff. The staff are very friendly and caring. They call each of the residents once a day to make sure everything is okay. The resident rooms are spacious and have never heard a complaint. The landscaping is probably the best part about the facility. Residents are free to walk around the paved paths equiped with fountains and a peaceful ambiance so they can enjoy the rest of their lives in harmony with those around them.

Questions about Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living

What programs or activities does Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have the largest resident run gardens in Sonoma County. We offer a variety of activities including line dancing, happy hour, exercise programs and poker, to name a few.

What places are near Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are just minutes away from a variety of shopping and dining options.

What transportation services does Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We offer scheduled transportation to grocery stores, banks, post offices, etc. We can provide transportation to doctor's appointments within a 10 miles radius

What makes the chef or dining program at Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

All of our residents have access to all day dining. We do have a rotating specials menu that changes daily, but all residents also have access to an every day menu that is stocked with reliable choices, like sandwiches and pastas. Outside of COVID, we have a soup and salad bar and a grab and go bistro, all of which is included in monthly fees

What safety features or security measures does Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Our residents have 24/7 support from our clinical team. Assisted Living residents are monitored frequently, depending on their individual health concerns. We also have pull cords in each apartment and a pendant system available.

How does Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We update families through phone calls, emails and we welcome family members to visit the community.

If Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have many paved walkways and pet areas for dogs and cats to enjoy.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are just minutes away from a variety of shopping and dining options.

What transportation services does Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

All of our residents have access to a pool and sauna, fitness center, pool table and game rooms, outdoor patios and gardens, communal living room with fire place, dining room, private dining area, etc.

What safety features or security measures does Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

Residents are asked to participate in a check in system that allows us to account for their well being on a daily basis

What safety features or security measures does Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a safety protocol in place when a resident is missing. If wandering becomes a recurring event that is not due to an acute medical condition, we would consult with family members to locate a more appropriate secured environment

Costs for Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living

Photos of Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

About Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living

Located in Northern California's scenic Wine Country, and less than an hour from San Francisco, Rohnert Park Retirement Community offers Independent and Assisted Living options, both with impeccable attention to care and comfort for all residents. Regardless of lifestyle, residents enjoy our premium amenities, professional care services, and well-curated activities and outings.

Independent Living:

Rohnert Park Retirement Community residents fully enjoy resort hotel-like amenities including restaurant-style all-day dining, cleaning service, and private bus transportation. Quality, comfort, and enjoyment are paramount to Happy Living and residents take advantage of the warm accommodations and professional hospitality services to pursue their passions, socialize, and enjoy every day.

Assisted Living:

If you or a loved one requires attentive daily assistance, the large team of passionate professional caregivers at Rohnert Park Retirement Community is eager to welcome you to our family and share the high-quality services, meals and activities that define the Happy Living Brand.

Assisted Living residents will of course benefit from the same hotel-like amenities as our independent residents, but with added personalized attention and care in the privacy and security of their apartment home. Prior to moving into their new Happy Living home, each assisted resident and their family will be consulted in order to develop a tailored care plan based on the resident's needs, personality and wishes.

Care and assistance:

• Transportation to medical appointments
  • Services tailored to changing needs
  • Mobility assistance

• Piano
  • Complete WIFI coverage in common areas

Accommodations and services

• One or Two bedroom apartments
  • Heating, hot water and electricity included
  • Telephone, cable and Internet
  • Concierge service
  • Housekeeping and laundry
  • Concierge service

Activities and leisure

• Variety of scheduled daily acitivites and outings
  • Bus/van transportation
  • Activity room
  • Media room
  • Plenty of puzzles and board games
  • Billiards
  • Special events in the community
  • Music and film evenings
  • Teaching and learning

Safe environment…

• 24-hour security
  • Nurses on-site
  • Emergency response throughout property

It is worth noting that many residents especially love Rohnert Retirement Community because of the serene landscapes and abundance of nearby parks, shopping and entertainment.

Map of Cogir of Rohnert Park Senior Living