73 Assisted Living Facilities near Calistoga, CA
Also serving communities of Angwin, Lower Lake.
There are 73 Assisted Living Facilities in the Calistoga area, with 2 in Calistoga and 71 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 209 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Calistoga. Better rated regions include Kenwood with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Calistoga, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Calistoga, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Calistoga
Calistoga is a bucolic valley town in California's world-famous wine country, just north of Napa and surrounded by neatly trimmed vineyards and tourist resorts that host tens of thousands of visitors a year. Only 5,300 people live in Calistoga,19.5 percent of them seniors aged 65 and over, with at least 76 assisted living facilities for local independent living.
Seniors in Calistoga's assisted living facilities get help with normal activities of daily living (ADLs) in a safe, comfortable environment. Like residential care facilities across the state, all of Calistoga's assisted living communities are required to hold a license through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Calistoga
- The weather in Calistoga is ideal for growing the grapes and flowers that are the Napa Valley's major exports. Hot summers reach an average high temperature of 91 degrees, while frosty winters bring average lows of 36 degrees in December. Sea breezes up from the bay bring 41 inches of rain to Calistoga a year.
- The cost of living in Calistoga is almost exactly double the national average. Much of the extra cost of living in Calistoga is in the much higher than average housing price, but in many other categories the town is very affordable. Healthcare in Calistoga, for example, costs just 97 percent of the national average.
- Crime rates in Calistoga are low, compared with national averages. In general, rates of all crime categories combined are only around 60 percent the average national rate, with far lower rates of violent crime.
- Vine Transit provides on-demand, door-to-door bus service throughout the Calistoga area. All vehicles are ADA-compliant, and drivers are trained to assist mobility-impaired riders. Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) brings visitors up from the bay on several lines that offer senior riders discounts with valid ID.
- The Calistoga area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Adventist Health St. Helena and Healdsburg District Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Calistoga has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Napa County Comprehensive Services for Older Adults, an organization that connects Calistoga seniors with referrals for medical and dental treatment, psychiatric care, and payee services for care, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Calistoga
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Calistoga start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Calistoga and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Calistoga
Calistoga seniors eligible for Medi-Cal may be able to receive financial help for assisted living from the Home and Community Based Services, Assisted Living Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Calistoga
Calistoga and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Calistoga, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Calistoga
Calistoga-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.