159 Assisted Living Facilities near Benicia, CA
Also serving communities of Martinez.
There are 159 Assisted Living Facilities in the Benicia area, with 2 in Benicia and 157 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Benicia is $5,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Vallejo with an average starting cost of $2,898.
To help you with your search, browse the 408 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Benicia. Better rated regions include Vallejo with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Benicia, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Benicia, CA
157 Assisted Living Facilities near Benicia, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Benicia
The waterside city of Benicia is part of the North Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area and home to Benicia Capitol State Historic Park, as well as part of the San Francisco Bay Trail System and San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail. Seniors seeking assisted living facilities (ALFs) in the town have the option between two local communities and 62 nearby ones. In the state of California, these communities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCF) and are regulated and licensed by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Benicia
- In the city of Benicia, the cost of living is higher than the national average by 72 percent. Seniors on a limited or fixed income should consider the costlier expenses here, including the 16.2 percent pricier grocery bills and 14 percent increase on health expenses.
- Benicia, part of the Bay Area, has some of the worse air quality in the nation. It is rated in the country as having the 6th worse short-term particle pollution, 10th worse year-round particle pollution and 13th worse ozone, according to the American Lung Association (ALA).
- Comparing violent and property crime rates and crimes per square mile, Benicia is considered 55 percent safer than other California communities and 35 percent safer than those nationally. Seniors may feel safer here than in other cities primarily due to the 497 percent lower violent crime rate average.
- Seniors in Benicia enjoy mild year-round temperatures that average between 47 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Winter temperatures rarely drop below 39 degrees, allowing seniors to participate in more outdoor recreations.
- Benicia has an array of community resources for seniors, including The City of Benicia Senior Center, an organization that offers discounted senior meals, arts and crafts, language classes and bus services and health and wellness advice at the local senior center.
- Benicia, part of the San Francisco Bay Area, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or country a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Benicia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Benicia start around $5,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Benicia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Benicia
Medi-Cal Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) is the California Medicaid form for assisted living aid. Eligible seniors in Benicia also have two optional state programs that include the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Benicia
Benicia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Benicia, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Benicia
Benicia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.