138 Assisted Living Facilities near Pinole, CA
There are 138 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pinole area, with 7 in Pinole and 131 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Pinole is $2,898 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,635.
To help you with your search, browse the 432 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pinole. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pinole 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hercules with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pinole, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pinole, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pinole
Pinole is a small residential community in the grassy hills of Contra Costa County, northeast of San Francisco, just outside of Richmond. Of Pinole's 19,000 people, almost 19 percent are seniors age 65 and over. This part of the Bay Area is home to 134 assisted living facilities, where seniors who need help with activities of daily living (ADLs) get assistance from staff
Residential care facilities in Pinhole and the rest of the state are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division, which inspects sites for quality of care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pinole
- The climate in Pinole is generally mild and stable. Summer highs here average 74 degrees, with a peak in September, and winter lows average 43 degrees. Pinole gets 25 inches of rain a year, mostly in winter, though dry grass frequently burns in summer, which can cause issues for seniors with respiratory disorders.
- Pinole's cost of living is high by national standards, though it is not far off from the average for California. Across all categories of expense, Pinole is about 71 percent above the national average, while California in general is 69 percent above the national cost of living. Much of this is housing cost, but healthcare in Pinole is roughly 2 percent above the average national rate.
Crime rates in Pinole are roughly 10 percent above the national average. Property crimes, such as theft, are more common than average for both California and the nation generally, though violent crime is still rare.
- The Western Contra Costa Transit Authority (WestCAT) provides regular bus service around Pinole, down to the border of Richmond. For travel to the rest of the Bay Area, locals can ride buses and rail service from Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). Both of these companies offer senior discounts and dial-a-ride service on demand.
- The Pinole area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Contra Costa Regional Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente Walnut Creek Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Pinole has an array of community resources for seniors, including Contra Costa Senior Legal Services, an organization that provides no-cost legal services for seniors age 60 and over, as well as nearly a dozen senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pinole
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Pinole start around $2,898 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pinole and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pinole
Contra Costa County, where Pinole is located, is one of the 15 counties in California where seniors who meet the income and asset requirements of Medicaid can get a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS). This waiver program helps some seniors cover some of the cost of assisted living or home care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pinole
Pinole and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pinole, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pinole
Pinole-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pinole
Review of Wonder Years Care Home
My aunt is in Wonder Years Care Home, which is a board and care home. It's basically a home-like setting. It looks like a house set in a residential setting. It has a very small number of residents... Read more
Review of Tara Hills Care Home
I visited Tara Hills Care Home, which is a board and care home. I thought it was nice. It's just a house, and it reminds you of a residential home. Once you get inside, it's a little different. The... Read more
Review of Westmont of Pinole
I went to Westmont of Pinole. It was a good tour, Jennifer was nice, and I liked it. They have an excellent staff, and they seemed to run their thing well. It was clean and well kept. They offer fo... Read more