80 Assisted Living Facilities near Vallejo, CA
There are 80 Assisted Living Facilities in the Vallejo area, with 18 in Vallejo and 62 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Vallejo is $2,855 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 143 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Vallejo. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Vallejo 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include American Canyon with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Vallejo, call (855) 863-8283.
18 Assisted Living Facilities in Vallejo, CA
62 Assisted Living Facilities near Vallejo, CA
Promotion ends in 8 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
Other Options in Vallejo, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Vallejo
Review of North Bay Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir
Cogir North Bay is one of the most caring community I've ever been in. The staff are loving and shoe compassion and respect while caring for each of their residents. This is a family oriented envir... Read more
Review of North Bay Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir
We have mom set up at Brookdale North Bay. We chose them because theyre right across the street from a medical facility, and its 10 minutes from my home. It appears to be clean, with caring careg... Read more
Review of Oakwood Memory & Senior Care
Oakwood Memory & Senior Care was very good. They tried to make it as homey as they could. They had shared and private rooms, which is good to give you options. They had a living room with a TV.... Read more
Assisted Living near Solano County, CA
More Options Near Vallejo, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Vallejo
A waterfront city in the North Bay region of the San Francisco Bay, Vallejo offers seniors museums, parks, theatres, art galleries and more to explore and enjoy when they desire a day outside of their assisted living community.
Assisted living facilities in Vallejo and the rest of California fall under the category of Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) and are regulated by the Community Care Licensing office of the state’s Department of Social Services. Most of the facilities are members of the California Assisted Living Association, which provides support for day-to-day operations. There are 58 such facilities in the Vallejo area, 19 within the city and 39 in nearby surroundings.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Vallejo
- Vallejo enjoys a comfortable year-round climate, averaging 258 sunny days per year. This provides more opportunities for seniors to engage in outdoor activities. There is mostly zero snowfall, which is beneficial for those who may experience discomfort in cold, damp conditions.
- Housing in Vallejo is the biggest contributor to the area's high cost of living. Health costs also rank high, which is a major consideration for seniors needing medical supplies and treatments.
- The Vallejo area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Kaiser Permanente Medical Center and the Sutter Solano Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Vallejo is easily accessible via state and interstate highways. Public transportation is available via SolTRans which provides fixed route services via local and express buses. It also has a local taxi scrip program that provides alternative transportation at a reduced cost for seniors 65 years and over.
- The air quality index in the Vallejo area is measured at 53 on the 1 (worst) to 100 (best) scale, a little above the average but lower than the national average of 58. While commuting presents hazardous exposure to bad air pollutants, it’s less of an issue for seniors in Vallejo which has a low commuting rate of just eight minutes one-way, lower than the national average of 26 minutes.
- Crime rates in Vallejo for both the violent and property categories are higher than the national figures with violent crimes (69.4) almost twice the nation's average (31.1).
Paying for Assisted Living in Vallejo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Vallejo start around $2,855 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Vallejo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Vallejo
Seniors may apply for funding assistance through Medicaid, or Medi-Cal as it is called in California and the state offers an Assisted Living Waiver. California also provides an optional state supplement (OSS) to supplemental security income (SSI) recipients who reside in RCFEs along with a room and board rate cap.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Vallejo
Vallejo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Vallejo, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Vallejo
Vallejo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.