168 Assisted Living Facilities near American Canyon, CA
There are 168 Assisted Living Facilities in the American Canyon area, with 7 in American Canyon and 161 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 374 reviews below for assisted living facilities in American Canyon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in American Canyon 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in American Canyon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in American Canyon, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in American Canyon
American Canyon lies near the mouth of the Napa River, south of California's most famous vineyards and east of the San Francisco Bay Area. Just 20,000 people live in this formerly industrial hamlet, 10 percent of them seniors age 65 and over.
Between Napa to the north and Vallejo to the south, the American Canyon area is home to no fewer than 165 assisted living facilities. These communities, where American Canyon seniors can live independently with help performing normal activities of daily living (ADLs), are licensed at the state level through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in American Canyon
- Weather in American Canyon is seasonal and tends to be on the cool side. Summer highs of 80 degrees are regularly tempered by a stiff Delta breeze off the water, while winter lows average 36 degrees overnight. This far in from the Pacific, American Canyon gets only a little over 20 inches of rain in a year.
- The cost of living in American Canyon is high by national standards, at 65 percent above the average, but low by the standards of California, which averages 69 percent more expensive than the rest of the country. Healthcare in American Canyon is fairly affordable as well, costing 9 percent less than the national average. Housing prices here are very high, however, with a median home cost nearly three times the national average.
- Crime rates in American Canyon are low for both California and the United States generally. In all categories combined, the crime rate in American Canyon is just two-thirds the average, while violent crime categories are lower still.
- Public transportation in American Canyon must be booked in advance. The Napa Valley Transportation Authority (NVTA) serves American Canyon and the surrounding communities with scheduled dial-a-ride services and ADA-compliant vehicles. Rides may also be scheduled through the NVTA's mobile app.
- The American Canyon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Kaiser Permanente Medical Center and Contra Costa Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- American Canyon has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Napa/Soalno Area Agency on Aging, an organization that operates the Multipurpose Senior Services Program, which supplements the cost of assisted living for American Canyon seniors on Medicaid, as well as at least three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in American Canyon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in American Canyon start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in American Canyon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in American Canyon
Seniors in American River who are eligible for Medicaid may be able to get help living independently via the state Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in American Canyon
American Canyon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in American Canyon, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in American Canyon
American Canyon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in American Canyon
Review of The Greenhills Care Home
My aunt has only been in The Greenhills Care Home for a little bit, but she seems to be doing quite well there. I chose it because the initial feeling I got when I walked in the place was very good... Read more