The Kensington

Reviews of The Kensington

Assisted Living Reviews for The Kensington

September 26, 2014

By Susan93693650

My sister-in-law works at the church with many residents from here, so we went on a tour. We liked the layout of it and everything so we just took mom there to check it out and she really liked it. Our experience was very positive. Mom and Dad are in a 1-bedrom. They widened the shower door a little bit more because my father has a walker so it’s cozy and perfect for them. I’ve eaten there many times and the food is excellent. The chef does an incredible job and the specials always taste great. Dad does the exercise classes and mom sometimes goes with him. I haven’t had any problem with the staff, and they’ve been able to answer our questions and do things that we needed.

September 11, 2014

I came across it when I was looking for a place for mom. The facility seems great and I really liked that the people looked happy. The workers seemed to really care and the people there were just really wonderful. The only thing I had a problem with is that it’s a little big for my mom with 150 apartments but other than that, I liked everything about it. I know they had church services, parties, and different kinds of entertainment. I didn’t try the food, but I loved the rooms as they have decor in them, which is an important thing for my mom. They had an outdoor space that seemed bigger than some of the other places I visited. The place stood out to me as it is very important to mom for the place to have an outdoor space and it overlooked a beautiful garden.

May 20, 2014

My aunt was here a little over two years. It's a very good facility. They had a good staff, and they took very good care of her. They had a courtyard, which was very pleasant and beautiful yet still enclosed within their buildings. My aunt found a boyfriend while she was there. They had excellent food, and they also had an excellent chef.

April 29, 2014

By Marlene19

We loved it. It was an older facility, but it was very nicely appointed. It was very warm from the minute you walked in. Everyone was very friendly. The dining area had just been remodeled, and it was very nice. We had lunch there, and the food was great. They had crab night once a week, which was really out of the ordinary. I liked that it was very oriented to the people who lived there. They had wonderful amenities and great activities.

August 08, 2013

By Skymsr

This is the nicest facility of the three we have visited in our search for a two-bedroom unit within a community offering independent and assisted living and memory care. The building is very nice, the grounds are lovely, the staff appears to be dedicated and competent, and the activity schedule offers something for everyone. The residents we met while on our tour all appeared to be happy here.

May 31, 2013

By Martha9

It was very nice. It seemed like the people and their services were very integrated. It was very pleasant. The staff was helpful and personable. They sat down with us and tried to do a breakdown of the cost, which was difficult for my sister because if she was inside, she would need to have a caregiver with her there. So, we were going to work out some more details and right now, things are kind of on hold. But, yes, I was very, very impressed. They sat us down, gave us lunch, we talked, and it was just very impressive. They have a supreme chef who will be able to accommodate my sister's special needs because she's a diabetic, and he could do this for her on a daily basis. The rooms are all nice and I would prefer my sister to be on the first level because she'd have a patio.

Independent Living Reviews for The Kensington

• Fee Structure Extra: Community Fee $8,000; Rent + Care Fees

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: 079200623

About The Kensington

The Kensington is a retirement community in the heart of culture and the arts, just minutes from the Bedford Gallery, Lesher Center and the California Symphony – and with easy access to the surrounding Bay Area. Enjoy a morning walk along the Walnut Creek’s Iron Trail. Explore the downtown area, with its hundred-year-old buildings and high-end shopping. Or catch the Contra Costa BART for a day trip to the city. No matter your preference, you will discover endless opportunities for fun and excitement.

Independent Living at The Kensington

As a resident at The Kensington, you will find all kinds of opportunities for social connections, health and wellness activities, and the comforts and conveniences to help simplify life. Here are the included services for independent living:

• Exceptional restaurant-style dining options for breakfast, lunch and dinner including outdoor patio seating
  • Weekly housekeeping and flat linen laundry services
  • Full calendar of social, cultural, educational, and recreational activities and programs
  • Health and fitness classes
  • 24-hour emergency call system and onsite staff
  • Scheduled group transportation services to doctors’ appointments, shopping, events and entertainment
  • Utilities (except phone) including access to Wi-Fi, heating and air conditioning
  • Interior and exterior care and maintenance of all residences, common areas and grounds

Assisted Living at The Kensington

The Kensington’s assisted living services take a “whole-person” approach to wellness, and are tailored to meet your needs, now and in the future. Services can be dialed up, or back, at any time, so you can get the support you need. Residents choosing assisted living services enjoy the service amenities and common areas as listed above, as well as highly-personalized care services as needed to provide assistance for independence and wellness. Here are the additional services offered in assisted living:

• Restaurant-style dining choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Weekly housekeeping, personal and flat linen laundry service
  • Help with daily activities, including bathing, dressing and grooming
  • Assistance with managing medications
  • Licensed nurse on staff
  • A holistic personal wellness plan that supports the whole “you”—physical, spiritual, emotional, social and intellectual

Memory Care at The Kensington

The Kensington’s Enliven™ Memory Care offers personalized care within a secure residential environment. Our carefully selected and trained staff works closely with memory-impaired residents and their families, developing individualized and innovative programs. Here are the services provided in our memory care residences:

• Three family-style meals served daily
  • Access to private dining room for family celebrations
  • Secured, residential environment
  • Specially-designed common areas and outdoor courtyard
  • Interior walking paths and private garden
  • Weekly housekeeping, personal and flat linen laundry service
  • 24-hour staffing and emergency call system
  • Scheduled group transportation
  • Weekly scenic drives and daily strolls
  • Help with daily activities, including bathing, dressing and grooming
  • Assistance with managing medications
  • Licensed nurse on staff
  • A full calendar of social, cultural and recreational activity programming that maximizes independence while focusing on strength and abilities
  • An environment (physical, social, and cultural) designed to encourage and support independence
  • Personalized care services to meet the changing needs of each resident
  • Shared studio suite
  • Utilities (except phone and cable)

As a resident at The Kensington, you will find a CARF-Accredited community with all kinds of lifestyle opportunities for social connections, health, and wellness activities through our ZEST™ Wellness, along with all the comforts and conveniences of care services to help simplify life.

Map of The Kensington