135 Assisted Living Facilities near Lafayette, CA
There are 135 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lafayette area, with 6 in Lafayette and 129 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lafayette is $4,331 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,630.
To help you with your search, browse the 489 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lafayette. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lafayette 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pleasanton with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lafayette, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lafayette, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lafayette
An affluent city set amidst rolling hills, Lafayette, California, is home to over 26,000 residents — nearly 19 percent seniors age 65 and over. Lafayette is home to six assisted living facilities, and there are another 52 facilities located in nearby communities. In this city, as in the rest of California, assisted living facilities are also referred to as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly and are licensed through the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lafayette
- Lafayette is an expensive city to live in, with a cost of living that is significantly higher than both the state and national average. Among the most influential factors in the cost of living ratio is housing, but seniors may also expect to pay more for groceries, health care expenses, transportation and other miscellaneous items.
- Lafayette has a low crime rate that is statistically safer than other cities in the region, the state and the nation. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest, the city ranks 26.7 in property crime and 18.0 in violent crime.
- Lafayette has a comfortable climate all throughout the year and rates 85 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index. July highs reach just 83 degrees Fahrenheit, and the January low is a mild 40 degrees. Lafayette sees an average of 27 inches of rain, no snow and 262 sunny days annually.
- Lafayette has a vibrant arts and culture scene with activities and venues to suit seniors of all interests. Residents can join the city's Senior Service Program for free and participate in walking groups, game nights and educational seminars or catch a live show at the Town Hall Theatre. which offers discounts to seniors aged 65 and older.
- Lafayette is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Lafayette has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lamorinda Senior Transportation project, an organization that works with local transportation providers to help seniors obtain medical care, run errands and remain active and engaged with their community.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lafayette
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Lafayette start around $4,331 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lafayette and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lafayette
In Lafayette, low-income seniors may be able to pay for assisted living using government-funded programs. Currently, Lafayette seniors have access to two programs: the Assisted Living Waiver program through Medi-Cal and the state's optional supplement to Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lafayette
Lafayette and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lafayette, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lafayette
Lafayette-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lafayette, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lafayette
Review of Atria Park of Lafayette
Atria Park of Lafayette was very elegant and comfortable. If my father were to move there, he would be comfortable. I think he would take advantage of a lot of the activities, games, movie nights, ... Read more
Review of Merrill Gardens at Lafayette
Merrill Gardens at Lafayette was very nice. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly. I liked the community in terms of the living quarters, the accommodations, the amenities, and the service... Read more
Review of Atria Park of Lafayette
I did a tour of Atria Park of Lafayette. They seemed really good, but it was more of the patterned fabrics and brass. It had like an older feel to it with the interior. The people seemed awesome. I... Read more