91 Assisted Living Facilities near Concord, CA
Also serving communities of Clayton.
There are 91 Assisted Living Facilities in the Concord area, with 34 in Concord and 57 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Concord is $4,201 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Pleasant Hill with an average starting cost of $3,688.
To help you with your search, browse the 262 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Concord. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Concord 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lafayette with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Concord, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Concord, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Concord
Concord, California is the largest city in Contra Costa County with a population of 126,938. Seniors looking for assisted living in Concord should know that these communities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). They are licensed by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) and defined as facilities where at least three-quarters of residents are 60 years of age or older. RCFEs must provide potential residents with information about their policies, including which basic and optional services they offer, as well as their costs. There are 33 assisted living communities in Concord and another 29 in surrounding communities such as Pleasant Hill, Lafayette and Walnut Creek.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Concord
- Concord’s climate has a comfort index of 84 out of a 100 (where higher is better and the national average is 54), meaning that it has a high number of 70-80 degree days. Winters in the city are mild, permitting seniors to enjoy outdoor activities most days of the year.
- In addition to shopping and dining out, assisted living facilities can offer their residents an array of activities in or near Concord, from wine tasting at local vineyards to tours of Alcatraz.
- The Concord area is home to world-class medical facilities, including John Muir Health - Concord Campus, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transportation is available by bus. Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) and County Connection buses serve Concord. County Connection offers both fixed-route and paratransit services. Seniors who qualify to use paratransit services get reduced rates.
- At 62 percent above the national average, Concord has an exceptionally high cost of living. While housing accounts for much of this difference, goods and services are also expensive. For example, groceries in Concord cost 18.5 percent above the national average, while health care services are 11 percent more expensive.
- Air pollution is a potential concern for seniors choosing to live in Concord, especially those with respiratory conditions. The American Lung Association, which measures air quality, cautions that “the air you breathe [in Contra Costa County] may put your health at risk.”
Paying for Assisted Living in Concord
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Concord start around $4,201 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Concord and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Concord
Understandably, cost is a barrier for many seniors thinking about moving into assisted living. Fortunately, California’s state Medicaid program, Medi-Cal, offers an Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP) to help qualifying seniors with the costs of assisted living in Contra Costa County. Assistance is also available to eligible seniors through California’s Optional State Supplement (OSS) to Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Concord
Concord and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Concord, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Concord
Concord-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Concord, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Concord
Review of QCare Residential Care Facility II
The staff at QCare Residential Care Facility III was very friendly, very kind, and very helpful. It was immaculate. The room we saw was enough for my mother-in-law, but you have to provide the bed ... Read more
Review of QCare Residential Care Facility I
Very clean facility and to their residents too , food is really great , they customized according to residents needs . Very organize when it comes to paper documentations Read more
Review of Oakmont of Montecito
Montecito is fantastic, and it was really the most elegant one, with fountains and everything. It was also the most expensive. Everything was OK, and the rooms were fine. The staff who accommodated... Read more