Oakmont of Montecito

Reviews of Oakmont of Montecito

Assisted Living Reviews for Oakmont of Montecito

October 13, 2016

By Flo326537

Montecito is excellent, I definitely loved it, and it was great. It was clean, the staff was friendly and eager to help, and it looked like it had a lot of amenities for the residents. However, it was very expensive.

July 01, 2016

By Mary122865

Montecito was a new, nice, clean, and pleasant place with good food and good service. The staff was very pleasant.

June 21, 2016

By Nina888242

I really liked Montecito. I went there on a whim. It was nice and clean, and everyone was pleasant. We had lunch, and the food was good. I liked the pool that they had and everything just seemed like it would fit my needs. The staff was very nice.

May 22, 2016

By SonjaYDBAE

Montecito Oakmont was not attainable for me since the cost was too high. I liked the whole environment because it seemed very comfortable. I was very impressed. The staff was very nice, friendly and helpful. I liked the layout and the open areas where you could mingle with people.

May 10, 2016

By SGXWUDL

We were very interested in Montecito Oakmont. There was nothing we did not like about the place. They had very comprehensive and genuine care, a very up-to-date facility, a great deal of scheduled activities, and a lot of amenities. The living quarters and dining room were beautiful. It is a very large place with very long hallways. It was laid out really well. It looked more like a hotel resort with its center courtyard, pool, and jacuzzi than a typical senior living facility.

February 15, 2016

By Jess Gordon

My mom was at Montecito Oakmont. The residents were extremely happy, energized, and well taken care of. The staff was very positive and very friendly, and the wait staff was excellent. A five star rating applies to everything there, except maybe for the price. We paid quite a bit more for it; probably twice as much as what we’re paying here in Texas.

April 20, 2015

By Denise32

I am in Oakmont at Montecito (Montecito Oakmont Senior Living). I like that everything is done for me. I have a beautiful 2-bedroom apartment with an outdoor patio. I have 3 meals a day here. We have a dining room where I can meet other people. There is a very social atmosphere here. We are having a pianist that will come at 3 o'clock today to play the piano for an hour for the community. It is very nice that we always have some kind of a musical concert once a week. Everyday, we have card games, bingo, or scrabble. Everyday there are activities for the residents here. We have a bus that takes us to doctor's appointments and grocery shopping. They do my laundry. The staff is wonderful. I consider everybody here family. All of the girls that help me treat me like I am their mother. They love me here. I highly recommend it. The food is excellent. We have a 5 star chef in our dining room. We are very secure. We have gates all around the facility. We are on lock down after 9:30 at night, and nobody can come in unless you live here, and then you have to go to the front desk. It is safe here. I live with my little dog in the apartment. I have lived here for 2 months, and we haven't had any problems so far. We have a heated swimming pool, a hot tub, a Jacuzzi, and a walk-in bathtub. We have a nurse on staff here.

May 30, 2014

Oakmont is congenial and it has wonderful assistance. My husband and I are in the assisted living, so we do have some amenities that they don't have in independent living. They also have something they call Tradition, which is almost separate. It has every level of care you want.

May 22, 2014

By Jackie24

Mom lived in Oakmont, but she passed away last week. We're very, very happy with Montecito. One of her friends was already living there. They're very, very cordial, very caring, and got to know the residents. We chose the facility because of the proximity to where we lived. It's beautiful, has wonderful food and caring staff, and is just top-notch all around, we felt. They offered different kinds of rooms, from independent to assisted to memory care, so we liked the fact that there were options. She could move as she needed, which she did wind up doing. We thought the rooms were lovely -- simple, but big enough. We only have good things to say.

March 31, 2014

By Pat81308150

I live in Montecito, and it's really nice here. It's a living community, and you may go with assisted living for quite a few more dollars. I don't like it here. The main reason is it is so far away from my family and friends. I was in San Francisco for the last 35 years, and people don't want to drive this far to see me. It seems that when I was in the city, I had constant people coming, and here, I'm very lonely. It's my only complaint because the people here are very nice. The grounds are beautiful, they keep them up, and I've made some friends. It's a 1-bedroom, and it has a little kitchen and one little bathroom. It has a fair-sized bedroom and a fair-sized living room. It's clean and it's OK. The food is fair, but I am a gourmet cook, so I can't appreciate it like other people do. I know that they work hard, and they do have a varied menu. They have something going on all the time: cards, other games, movies. They have a bus and a person who will take you some places once in a while.

January 17, 2014

By Shelley6

I am very pleased with Oakmont. The facility itself is immaculate and very clean. The staff is very sweet. The people are very friendly. The food is good. There are a lot of activities. I have nothing bad to say about it. They have everything that I want.

August 27, 2012

By TEEGS00

After my grand father passed, our family thought it best to have grandma live in a facility. The staff is amazing! We live outside of California, but I am in contact with this facility at least once a week. While visiting, I see the interaction between the staff and residents. The staff is always helpful and seems to genuinely care. There is an inhouse cafeteria and the food is ALOT better than I expected. Beer and wine is served for residents.

Independent Living Reviews for Oakmont of Montecito

December 17, 2016

By Mike626258

The dining area at Montecito was very nice. I was impressed with it. The place was clean, nice, and organized. It was one of my favorites.

September 01, 2016

By Yvette312412

Montecito is a very nice community, but very expensive. The place was very clean and the staff that I met was fine. The residents looked happy as well. They have a nice pool.

March 08, 2016

I liked Montecito. It was very nice but a little more expensive than the other facility I visited. I formed a very good impression as soon as I walked in.

February 26, 2015

I thought Montecito was very good. It's in a quiet community in a walkable area. It is in a safe community probably for sure. I thought the food was pretty good. The rooms and apartment were small. Montecito is the best one. They have a huge movie theater as well. It is probably the most expensive as well too. It is a very big place, and it was newish at the time we visited.

Memory Care Reviews for Oakmont of Montecito

Questions about Oakmont of Montecito

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Training is a priority to Oakmont and we conduct this daily, weekly and monthly with in-service and online assignments. All staff members get to know every resident and their life history which makes for engaging connections during personal care and activities.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Oakmont of Montecito. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents THRIVE at Montecito. The average age is 84. They enjoy many ON-SITE social activities that include exercise classes, the swimming pool & spa, the movie theater, happy hours, spiritual groups, art classes, card & board games, live musical performances, educational presentations etc. They also sign up for off-site excursions to restaurants, museums, wine tasting and casinos.

What programs or activities does Oakmont of Montecito offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a daily activity program that covers our Core Elements allowing residents to think, Do, Create, Learn, Socialize, Experience, Contribute and Connect.

What places are near Oakmont of Montecito or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Grocery stores, retail stores, public libraries, malls, restaurants, community parks etc.

What transportation services does Oakmont of Montecito offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to doctors' appointments and shopping within a 10 mile radius.

What makes the chef or dining program at Oakmont of Montecito exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Oakmont has high standards with its award winning culinary program. Montecito offers a wonderful, varied selection of seasonal, fresh, homemade menu items. All prepared by an exceptional culinary team giving attention to detail with presentation and accommodating special diet restrictions.

What safety features or security measures does Oakmont of Montecito offer to assisted living residents?

We are staffed 24/7 and lock our doors at nighttime. Each resident is given an emergency pendant to wear, which can send an alert to the staff if it detects a fall. This brings peace of mind to residents and family members.

How does Oakmont of Montecito keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We communicate using in-person, email, texting and phone calls and also offer video conferencing.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Oakmont of Montecito during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff based on the current needs of the residents and our ratios vary.

If Oakmont of Montecito accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are definitely pet friendly at Montecito! Dogs must be on a leash at all times and can enjoy all indoor and outdoor spaces, except for the dining rooms and bistro areas, where we serve food and refreshments. We have two pet relief areas with pick up bags and bins.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Ongoing monthly training covering many topics that includes personal caregiving, safety and customer service.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Oakmont of Montecito. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents THRIVE at Montecito. The average age is 84. They enjoy many ON-SITE social activities that include the movie theater, happy hours, spiritual groups, art classes, card & board games, live musical performances, educational presentations etc. They also sign up for off-site excursions to restaurants, museums, wine tasting and casinos.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Oakmont of Montecito has organized?

Trips to theaters, casinos, wine tasting, opera performances, restaurants for lunch outings and Bocce Ball are the most popular.

What transportation services does Oakmont of Montecito offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Oakmont of Montecito exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Oakmont has high standards with its award winning restaurant-style culinary program. Montecito offers a wonderful, varied selection of seasonal, fresh, homemade menu items. All prepared by an exceptional culinary team giving attention to detail with presentation and accommodating special diet restrictions.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Game rooms, lounges, bistro, library, movie theater, activity rooms, billiards room, outdoor heated swimming pool & spa and dining rooms.

What safety features or security measures does Oakmont of Montecito offer to independent living residents?

Does Oakmont of Montecito work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We partner with a concierge physician and many home health agencies to support and enhance the care of our residents.

What safety features or security measures does Oakmont of Montecito provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a safety bracelet system to protect the dignity of, and redirect any resident who has the potential to wander

What programs or activities does Oakmont of Montecito offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

The Daily Connection Program offers residents in our Traditions Program with an enriched day of activities. Sometimes they are "too busy" to come to the phone to talk with a loved one and they have to call back later!

Our Health Services Director and Memory Care Director. It is repeated on an as needed basis with a minimum of 3 times a year.

What techniques does Oakmont of Montecito use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Oakmont's high standards in dining is paralleled in our Memory Care neighborhood. Residents begin their meal with an aromatherapy hot towel and are served the same menus that our independent and assisted living residents receive. Tables are formally set with linen tablecloths, food is served on brightly colored china, (for way finding), and soothing music is played. They are offered choices and can make their own entrée selections.

How does Oakmont of Montecito keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Communication with family members is also a high priority to Oakmont. Staff communicate using in-person, email, texting and phone calls and also offer video conferencing.

Describe the neighborhood around Oakmont of Montecito. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Montecito is set on 5 acres in a residential area of Concord. We back up to a community park offering residents and their family members private access to walking paths and a dog park. Despite having close access to shopping and dining we are set back from the main road, and have our own little oasis of privacy and tranquility with many apartment homes having views of Mt. Diablo or the lush courtyard.

Is Oakmont of Montecito affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We partner with all local hospitals to assist with enhanced resident care if needed.

Costs for Oakmont of Montecito

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Licenses: RCFE

About Oakmont of Montecito

Oakmont of Montecito is a lovely retirement community situated on a lush campus with lovely views and a variety of engaging activities. We are also very close to shopping, fine dining, and entertainment.

If an active lifestyle is what you desire, you’ll feel at home in our retirement community where friends and neighbors enjoy our spa, private movie theater, swimming pool, and lovely grounds. If you ever need additional care, we offer assisted living and memory care services right within our community. Experience for yourself what makes this extraordinary senior living community one where life keeps getting better.

Map of Oakmont of Montecito