95 Assisted Living Facilities near Pleasant Hill, CA
There are 95 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pleasant Hill area, with 7 in Pleasant Hill and 88 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Pleasant Hill is $3,828 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 275 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pleasant Hill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pleasant Hill 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Concord with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pleasant Hill, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pleasant Hill, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pleasant Hill
Pleasant Hill is home to nine parks, which feature scenic walking and biking trails, picnic areas and fishing opportunities. The city has just under 35,000 residents, about 15 percent of whom are seniors. Pleasant Hill seniors have eight assisted living options from which to choose, and there are 88 more in the surrounding area.
In this city, as in the rest of the state, assisted living facilities may also be referred to as residential care facilities for the elderly. These facilities are licensed and monitored by the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pleasant Hill
- California residents pay some of the highest state income taxes in the nation, and most forms of retirement income are fully taxable. This may be a concern for Pleasant Hill seniors with tight assisted living budgets.
- According to data gathered by the American Lung Association, ozone pollution levels in Contra Costa County, where Pleasant Hill is located, are very high. The county was given an F for this type of pollution, which may also be known as smog. Particle pollution levels are relatively low, however, with the county receiving a B for short-term particle pollution and a passing score for annual particle pollution. This may be a consideration for some seniors researching assisted living in Pleasant Hill.
- Pleasant Hill has a fairly high combined property and violent crime rate, which may be a consideration for active seniors who are relocating to the area. On a 100-point crime index, the city is rated a four, indicating that it is safer than just four percent of cities of all sizes in the United States.
- Over the course of a year, temperatures in Pleasant Hill range between 40 degrees and 86 degrees, and the city experiences virtually no humidity. The city's comfortable climate may appeal to seniors who enjoy being outdoors throughout the year.
- The Pleasant Hill area is home to world-class medical facilities, including John Muir Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Pleasant Hill's overall cost of living is more than double the nationwide average, which may be a consideration for seniors with tight budgets. While the most significant factor affecting the city's high cost of living is housing, seniors may also expect to pay 10 percent more for groceries and 37 percent more on transportation expenses here than they would elsewhere in the country.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pleasant Hill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Pleasant Hill start around $3,828 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pleasant Hill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pleasant Hill
In Pleasant Hill, there are state-funded programs available to help cover assisted living expenses, including Medi-Cal, an Assisted Living Waiver program and Supplemental Security Income – Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pleasant Hill
Pleasant Hill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pleasant Hill, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pleasant Hill
Pleasant Hill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Pleasant Hill, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pleasant Hill
Review of Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill
I have an application to Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill. I saw the assisted living, and it was a very good experience. They're so friendly, I like the layout of the apartment, all the services... Read more
Review of Aegis Living Pleasant Hill
My dad moved into Aegis Living Pleasant Hill. So far, it's been pretty good. The staff is very nice, the food is great, and he is in a small room, because he does not need a large room. There are a... Read more
Review of Carlton Senior Living Pleasant Hill
I am not impressed with Carollton. It is not ok to allow our loved ones to be changed only 3 times a day. This is just one of many problems I find disturbing. You, carleton are responsible for the ... Read more