Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living

Reviews of Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living

March 11, 2020

By Lucky99

Our mother lived there until Feb. 2020. She was there for 4 years, and at 97 she was still doing well. Cogir worked with our family to keep her well cared for and independent for as long as humanly possible! We appreciate the very safe and very healthy home she had here and the kind care she received!!!

February 18, 2020

By Ljohnson

I lived at Cogir for one year. The staff was very kind and attentive to my needs. My apartment was very clean, spacious, and had a lot of storage. The outdoor area was well maintained and very beautiful. The residents are all very welcoming and friendly.

July 18, 2019

By TrudyD

If you love your family member keep looking. Here are some of the issues in less than two months. *First night in respite care, as they sat my mom on bed, it collapsed. They hadn't connected the frame. *They never cleaned the patio--so many spider webs, she had large spider in bed. *Employee did not close catheter bag, and it leaked all over carpet all night. They had nothing to help absorb it and had housekeeping vacuum. Odor was terrible *after complaints they shampooed carpet making it so wet, she slipped. *final straw was a cockroach in her ear. When one employee went to take picture of it another stopped her. What are they hiding?

June 25, 2018

By Donna

Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town is where we are hoping to go. The staff was wonderful and the lady from marketing was the best. She calls me usually once a week to see how my husband is. It's affordable for us. The apartments were very nice, different sizes, very clean, and well kept. They offer rides to doctors' appointments and the usual shopping. The food was very good.

March 14, 2018

By Don

Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town was alright. They were friendly enough and tried to show me everything that I wanted to see, but I just thought that the staff where I am now is friendlier and more helpful. The residents there go on trips once in a while, and they also have a bus.

August 21, 2017

By Peggy

My tour of Brookdale of Vacaville was really good. The only drawback was that it was a lot more congested in that area. There wasn't a quiet, relaxed feeling about it, and we are trying to find something in a somewhat quaint neighborhood. I like the apartments and the food. They had a nice outdoor courtyard. We had a good lunch, and there was a selection from the menus. They had a lot of different types of activities going on. There were a lot of amenities nearby for shopping and things like that as well.

February 29, 2016

By YGM

I really like the size of the rooms at Brookdale in Vacaville California and I also like the people. The staff was friendly. I like the idea that they had dining services from 7Am to 7PM so to they weren’t set to a certain schedule, they have flexibility. I also liked that if they didn’t want to go to the dining room they could have food to their room as well. I didn’t have the opportunity to eat there but I saw what’s on the menu. They have activities and they also provide transportation to take you to events to the community. They were really good. They even came out and talk to my mother at the hospital before she was discharged. They followed up with me and they even talk to me. It was really good and very nice place.

January 17, 2016

By Anonymous Visitor3

I was able to visit Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town. It was a very nice place, although it was expensive, especially with yearly increases.

December 16, 2015

By Jill30

The people at Brookdale Vacaville were very nice. They keep calling me and following up, and so I've been very pleased. One of the things that I liked was the patio or the deck. I prefer a ground floor, but the deck was upstairs. I've been to another one here in Vacaville that does not have that even though it's newer. I like having an outside space. The size of the room was good. Because it’s an older property, some of the bathrooms had a cut out tub rather than a roll-in shower, so that would be sort of an issue for us if we go and need to have the roll-in shower. The people were very friendly, very helpful, and seemed to be kind.

July 29, 2015

By Caring111112050

We put my father in Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town for about a month and a half now. They make a lot of mistakes, but I think that is just human nature. He complains a lot about the food not being what he ordered. They keep delivering the wrong foods. He had to send it back and wait longer for the correct meal to come. He has an apartment, and we had a lot of problems with it too. The air conditioner was completely broken when we moved in. There were cockroaches coming out of the air conditioner and spiders all over the place. They did come in and treat it, but we should not have had to deal with it in the first place.

December 02, 2014

Emeritus was one of the places that we saw and approved of so far. The senior living arrangement was well thought out. The apartments had one or two bedrooms with nice floor plans. The grounds were very appealing. You had a feel of being rural even though you were in the city. They kept the ground very green. I also enjoyed the activities that they had for the seniors there. They presented a calendar of daily activities. I would recommend them. The staff was very welcoming.

June 26, 2014

By Lorelie1

My mom was at Emeritus at Leisure Town before. I liked it because they had a lot of activities, treated everybody really nicely, and it was clean and neat. In this particular one, you own your own home-like duplex, and then you could go into assisted living from there. They were wonderful, understanding, great cooks, and everybody helped all the time. The facility's swimming pool was neat and clean. They make sure that everybody who goes in there doesn't have any open sores.

November 21, 2013

By Deborah23

I like Merrill Gardens a lot. I like that all the rooms had at least small patios. Even the studio apartments had small patios, which would help because mostly I like the outdoor space. I also like the way the dining room was set up. The facility was a tiny bit less expensive but then they have what they call an association fee and that was a big wallop - that's a big money! When they take your application, you have to come up with that amount of money, plus the first and last months' rents, so overall, it was expensive to move in there. The staff was not as well organized as the one in Davis. It was a very busy facility and there were a lot of people doing things. However, I just felt like maybe there weren't enough people in the front office and that's just the impression I got. In terms of activities, in one area, they had games like bingo, etc., and then in the lobby area, there was a pianist and there residents sitting around in a sing-a-long. They also have a bus for their residents going someplace.

Independent Living Reviews for Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living

January 02, 2017

By Kim404043

Brookdale Vacaville is a great, wonderful place that's perfect for my dad. The staff seems great. He goes to eat every day, which is great, and walks around the place. He loves his room, which has an awesome view of the golf course. I wish they had reached out to him more and took it upon themselves to make sure he was shown around and follow through on their maintenance. They said they would repair some things and they have not. The staff is very welcoming.

October 06, 2014

By Yvonne18

I like that Emeritus has a campus-like setting and has a beautiful courtyard. I sampled a meal there, I liked the food as well as the snacks. They were not as expensive as the referrals I had here for Oakland and Burley. I only met with one of the directors who showed me around, so I didn’t get to see a lot of the staff. It’s a convenient location to me -- less than 5 minutes away -- and they gave me some reassurances that if it’s something the staff couldn’t handle I’m less than 5 minutes away from professional help. They showed me a calendar of the activities, the type of activities they have was for a different generation, most of the residents there are much older than I am. This area is for people over 55. They have balconies, patios, and I can walk through the community. If I want to go out of the room but not far, I can sit out at the patio or the deck. They allow pets which is a good thing, and some of the residents there have dogs they’re willing to share with other people.

July 24, 2013

By Art7

Merrill Gardens is an independent living. My dad has dementia so we decided to transfer him to another facility that is more secure, but the facility is great. I ate there a couple of times with my dad and the food was fantastic. The people were really nice. My dad's room was always clean. I think they clean the rooms once a week. He can wash his own clothes, but they would wash his sheets and beddings.

December 11, 2012

By HoneyEeds

My Mom just moved in here and she is enjoying all of the activities and the people she is around. There are a few issues with repairs getting done in a timely fashion, but the apartment itself is roomy (2 bedrooms) and has a small kitchen that my Mom enjoys.

Questions about Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents are in their late 80's. Our average AL residents' care level is light to medium and many of their favorite passtimes are socializing, spending time with their families and enjoying the gardens. Although our assisted living can accomodate full care all the way through hospice.

What programs or activities does Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our activity programming ranges from train your brain activities & games, spiritual services, exercise and crafts, music and social hours to day trips and local outings. There is a variety to choose from and something for everyone.

What places are near Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located in a 55+ residential neighborhood that is a 5 minute drive to outlet shopping, grocery stores and hospitals. We're 30 a minute drive from Napa and Sacramento.

What transportation services does Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We have scheduled transportation M-F within Vacaville to shopping and appointments. Weekly excursions and couple trips a month to Travis Air Force base.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Designed with our residents in mind, our chef and dining team prepare a variety of fresh, in-house meals made with locally sourced ingredients. Flexible dining allows residents to enjoy their meals at their leisure with their own choice of seating arrangements.

What safety features or security measures does Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

All apartments in our community come with an emergency pull cord system and daily check in system. Every assisted living resident has a pendant they can press in case of an emergency. Residents have comfort knowing that staff is available 24 hrs a day, as well as to provide checkins as needed.

How does Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We call as needed and send written notices and updates through email to our residents' families

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

We always have a minimum of 3 staff for every resident available. Staff are available 24 hrs a day 7 days a week.

If Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Residents can enjoy their pet(s) inside their own spacious apartment or outside on their patios or balconies. There are outside grassy areas and a great walking path aroound the community for pets to explore.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

The staff receive regualr in-service trainings by our licensed Health & Wellness Director, annual first aid & CPR training, as well as required to complete ongoing comprehensive care tutorials from accredited senior care sources.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our IL residents are in their mid 80's. Most of our IL residents are quite independent, they still drive and some still cook. Many of their favorite passtimes are socializing, spending time with their families, group classes & games and excursions.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are located in a 55+ residential neighborhood that is a 5 minute drive to outlet shopping, grocery stores. We're 30 a minute drive from Napa and Sacramento where residents can enjoy wine/olive oil tastings, visiting museums and taking in theatrical performances.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living has organized?

BBQ at the beach, restaurant dinners, museum trips, theatre & music performanaces, casino excursions

What transportation services does Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

ALL residents can enjoy the beautiful gardens, activity room, salon, all-day dining room, library and outdoor pavilion.

What safety features or security measures does Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

All apartments in our community come with an emergency pull cord system and daily check in system located in the bathroom. Independent living residents have the option to rent a pendant they wear and can press in case of an emergency. Residents have comfort knowing that the community is staffed 24 hrs a day.

Does Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Our community supports your choice of outside care provider as well as having an In-house care provider for IL residents available 24 hrs a day. We also receive in-House visits from a local independent physician

What safety features or security measures does Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

The community documents residents whenever they check out of the community and when they return. If a resident doesn't return the staff will try and locate the resident throughout the community and grounds, speak to their friends and contact their family. Calling the police is done after exhausting all previous search measures.

Costs for Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living

Photos of Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living

Nestled between Sacramento and San Francisco, with easy access to Wine Country, Vacaville Retirement Community offers Independent Living and Assisted Living options - both with impeccable attention to care and comfort for all residents. Regardless of lifestyles, residents enjoy our premium amenities, professional care services, and well-curated activities and outings.

As with all Happy Living by COGIR communities, delicious high-quality meals are served throughout the day and attentive staff is ready with a smile for any need. It is worth noting that many residents especially love Vacaville Retirement Community for its great location that is just down the road from a major shopping and entertainment destination. The excitement of San Francisco or the tranquility of Wine Country is also only a quick ride away.

Accommodations and services:

• Large apartments (studio, one bedroom, two bedroom)
  • All apartments have patio or balcony
  • Full kitchen
  • Heating, hot water and electricity included
  • Telephone, cable and Internet

• Piano
  • Complete WIFI coverage in common areas

Care and assistance:

• Transportation to medical appointments
  • Services tailored to changing needs
  • Mobility assistance
  • Dining assistance
  • Medication management
  • Incontinence mamagement
  • Diabetes assistance
  • Hygiene assistance
  • Dressing assistance

Activities and leisure:

• Variety of scheduled daily acitivites and outings
  • Bus/van transportation
  • Activity room
  • Theatre
  • Plenty of puzzles and board games
  • Billiards
  • Special events in the community
  • Music and film evenings
  • Teaching and learning

Safe environment:

• 24-hour security
  • On-site nurse
  • Emergency response throughout property
  • Emergency pull cords in every apartment
  • Daily check-in system
  • Fence around property

Close to medical centers and clinics, 5 miles away from the senior center and 2 miles away from a health and wellness center. Thirty miles from Sacramento and located in the same city as the Vacaville Premium Outlets.

Map of Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living