6 Assisted Living Facilities near Davis, CA
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Davis area, with 5 in Davis and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Davis is $3,467 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Dixon with an average starting cost of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 25 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Davis. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Davis 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dixon with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Davis, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Davis, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Davis
Davis is a college town that's about halfway between the state capital of Sacramento and the San Francisco Bay Area. Out of a population of almost 69,000, 10 percent are ages 65 and over. The city is home to 35 assisted living communities, plus a much larger number of small residential care facilities. California's Department of Social Services regulates these properties through its Senior Care Licensing division, which strives to ensure a high quality of care and maximum independence for all seniors in residential care settings. Residents in Davis's care homes can expect room and board included in their monthly payments, plus trained staff response to emergencies and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing and dressing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Davis
- Davis enjoys some of the best of both Central Valley and Bay Area weather. Daily highs here average 74 degrees Fahrenheit, while lows average 48 degrees. The city and the surrounding farmland enjoy 20 inches of rain in a typical year.
- Residents of Davis, CA, pay 8.25-percent sales tax on most purchases. That's on top of California's 10.8-percent income tax, which affects most types of income. SSI and some retirement income are exempt, but it's best to check with a financial planner to be sure about your own retirement plan.
Vandalism and other property-related offenses are somewhat higher than the national average, while crimes against people and violent crimes are relatively low compared to the national average.
- Davis has an extensive public transportation service, Unitrans, which operates throughout the city and seems to have stops on every block in the more populous areas.
- UC Davis has a world-renowned arts program, and unsurprisingly the city is filled with art and music. Numerous galleries, such as the Pence Gallery, compete for attention with the regular, impromptu public art shows that seem to break out here at the drop of a hat.
- Healthcare in Davis is largely delivered, in a hospital setting at least, at the massive Sutter Davis Hospital to the west of town. This low, squat facility occupies several acres by itself and has such modern amenities that a visit to the inpatient center feels like a trip aboard a starship.
Paying for Assisted Living in Davis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Davis start around $3,512 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Davis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Davis
In Davis and all of California, seniors may qualify for the Assisted Living Waiver through the state Medicaid program called Medi-Cal.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Davis
Davis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Davis, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Davis
Davis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Davis, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Davis
Review of Carlton Senior Living Davis
Carlton Senior Living Davis was very nice. I hope to go up there to look again. It's my plan to move in there but not for a while. The rooms I saw were very nice and I liked it. I was impressed wit... Read more
Review of Atria Covell Gardens
We liked Atria Covell Gardens. It was nice. Everybody seemed happy and looked friendly and nice. The apartments were very nice, big, clean, and just redone them. Read more
Review of Carlton Senior Living Davis
My mom is living in Carlton Senior Living Davis. It is 5 stars for the care, the facility, and the activities. They're very innovative with Alzheimer's and memory care; they take the patients out i... Read more