29 Assisted Living Facilities near Vacaville, CA
With an average cost of $3,878 in Vacaville, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 67 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 9 facilities in Vacaville.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Vacaville, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Vacaville
Vacaville, CA is a small, suburban town located near the cities Sacramento, San Francisco, Napa, and Delta. Vacaville's senior communities, which are called Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) for the Elderly provide 24-hour personal care and assistance with activities of daily living. RCFs are licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services - Senior Care Licensing. There are a total of eight RCFs located in Vacaville with another 53 located nearby in Napa, Rio Vista and American Canyon.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Vacaville
- The cost of living in Vacaville is 43.9 percent higher than the U.S. average. Although this is mostly reflected in housing costs, which are 110 percent higher than the national average, seniors will find themselves spending more on expenses such as health and transportation since both are more than 10 percent above the national average.
- The Vacaville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including North Bay VacaValley Hospital, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- Vacaville has an array of community resources for seniors, including SolanoCares4Seniors, an organization that provides seniors with access to local services, information on senior-specific topics and social events, as well as two senior centers, one of which is specific to seniors with Alzheimer's disease.
- The weather in Vacaville is comfortable year-round. Summertime highs are around 93 degrees, which is even warmer than California's average summertime high of 87.9 degrees and much warmer than the U.S. average summertime high of 86.1. In the wintertime, Vacaville's average high is 38 degrees, while the U.S. average is a mere 22.6.
City Coach provides seniors with a safe and accessible public transportation option to get around Vacaville. Discounted senior rates are available.
- The state of California doesn't tax social security income, which leaves seniors with additional funds to help cover the cost of assisted living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Vacaville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Vacaville start around $3,878 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Vacaville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Vacaville
California's Medicaid 1915(c) Assisted Living Waiver is available to eligible seniors to assist with paying for services provided in residential care facilities. Seniors requiring assistance with room and board costs may apply for an optional supplement (OSS) to their Supplemental Security Income (SSI). In California, facilities may not charge room and board fees that exceed any Medicaid eligible senior's combined SSI and OSS less a personal needs allowance, which as of 2014 was $131 monthly.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Vacaville
Vacaville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Vacaville, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Vacaville
Vacaville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Vacaville, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Vacaville
Review of Magnolia Court
I picked Magnolia Court for my father because of the individual room, and it's more like an apartment setting than a hospital setting. They're very easy to work with and very thorough with the info... Read more
Review of Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living
The staff at Cogir of Vacaville Senior Living are all wonderful. They all try to help you in any way they can. My sister is picky with her food, but she's been eating it and she enjoys it. She like... Read more
Review of Magnolia Court
I toured Magnolia Court for my sister. I didn't like that it is downplayed, and they just hand you the brochure. The one who assisted us was the son of the owners, and he doesn't really know the de... Read more