63 Assisted Living Facilities near Suisun City, CA
There are 63 Assisted Living Facilities in the Suisun City area, with 3 in Suisun City and 60 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Suisun City is $2,350 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 173 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Suisun City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Suisun City 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fairfield with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Suisun City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Suisun City, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Suisun City
Suisun City is a suburb of Fairfield, one of the major urban areas in the North Bay community of Solano County. Nearly 30,000 people live in Suisun City, just over 10 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over, with 62 assisted living facilities for local seniors.
Assisted living facilities in Suisun City, as in the rest of the state, must carry a current license issued through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Suisun City
- Suisun City shares its weather with the adjacent city of Fairfield. Summer highs average 89 degrees here, while winter lows average 39 degrees. Suisun City gets 25 inches of rain and frequent heavy winds off of the Delta. The broad floodplains around the city can raise large amounts of mold that aggravates some seniors' asthma, especially in spring.
- The cost of living in Suisun City is 41 percent higher than the national average. Home values in the city are more than double the national median, which accounts for much of the extra cost of living here. Healthcare is comparatively affordable in Suisun City, with average costs that are 5 percent lower than the national average.
- Suisun City's crime rates are roughly 20 to 25 percent lower than the nationwide average for most types of crime. Property crimes in Suisun City are close to the national average, while violent crime rates are still fairly rare.
- Fairfield and Suisun Transit (FAST) operates 14 regular bus routes throughout central Solano County. Seniors with valid ID ride FAST buses at a discount, and paratransit services are available. FAST maintains multiple points of connection with Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), which permits access to the rest of the Bay Area, as far south as Silicon Valley.
- The Suisun City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Sutter Fairfield Medical Campus and NorthBay Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Suisun City has an array of community resources for seniors, including the California Community Transitions (CCT), a program that helps Suisun City seniors transition out of short-term stays in skilled nursing and back home with home and vehicle adaptation, medical devices and self-care training, as well as 10 senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Suisun City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Suisun City start around $2,350 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Suisun City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Suisun City
Suisun City's low-income seniors can apply to the Napa/Solano branch of Choice in Aging for a Medicaid waiver to help cover some of the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Suisun City
Suisun City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Suisun City, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Suisun City
Suisun City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Suisun City
Review of Village Golden Care Home
I'm very pleased with Village Golden Care Home. They are excellent. They take good care of my mother. She's been there since July. The food is good. It's decorated for the holidays and for Hallowee... Read more
Review of Safe & Loving Senior Care
I toured Safe & Loving Senior Care for my dad. They had trash sitting out in the front when I got there and there were three broken cars in the driveway. The people I talked to was very nice, b... Read more
Review of Hacienda Del Mar Care Home
I visited Hacienda Del Mar Care Home for my dad, and it was beautiful. The room I saw was very nice. And the person who accommodated me answered all my questions and she's very informative. The din... Read more