Solano Life House

575 S Jefferson Street, Dixon, CA 95620
Solano Life House (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 413 days

No other care home offers our unique, all inclusive, fixed cost, Flat Fee for Life program. You will always know exactly what you will pay every month, for as long as you remain with us. CARE HOME TRANSFERS: One Month Free Rent & No Community Fee

Reviews of Solano Life House

Assisted Living Reviews for Solano Life House

August 11, 2016

By Caring_2643940

My dad has been at Solano LifeHouse for 2 years. Since they hired a new director I have seen great changes. Staff is more attentive and someone is in charge. They now have a van and take the residents on outings. My dad is happy and loves the girls who care for him. Before the new director came I was going to move my dad to another facility. I am thankful that I held out to see if change would occur. It did, and I hope to keep dad at Solano LifeHouse until he is no longer with me. (as long as they keep striving for excellence.) It was the right choice for us. I can now leave my dad and take vacations without worrying. He is in good hands. Staff who truly care. I appreciate the fact that they don't graduate prices. The price you pay is set no matter the amount of care your family member needs. No surprises or hidden costs.

August 10, 2016

By Lee's husband

I am so glad I found this place. It was very difficult to admit I could no longer care for my wife of 50 years at home and had to put her in a facility. My daughter and I visited several places and settled on this one based on its bright, airy and clean ambiance and our impressions of the staff. My wife has been here over two years now and the place keeps getting better better. I visit her almost every day at lunch and can attest that the food is very good and with great variety. I observe the staff interacting with the residents, giving out lots of smiles and hugs, breaking out in dance when the music moves them, and just creating a joyful atmosphere. I for one am a happy camper. My feelings of guilt are melting away knowing that my wife is receiving .good and loving care. And the fact that that the rates here are so reasonable is just the icing on the cake.

February 29, 2016

By Elaine38

I think Solano Life House was nice, but I don’t know if it will work with my father. The staff was very nice. The rooms were very clean and very nice. They didn’t have bad odor. The facility was good.

February 17, 2016

By flyfarther79

My granddad has been at Solano Life House for years and everyone takes such great care of him. My grams was there before she passed and they were so wonderful and caring of her. The Day Staff is like a second family. We've gotten to know them on a personal level as well, they always check on us and give us updates on my granddad. The building and rooms are being updated and all the changes have been wonderful. The front room is so bright and welcoming. The staff is so caring of the residents and each other. The food has changed over the years; they use fresh food/produce and everything looks great. It doesn't have that nursing food smell that some places have. It may not look like much from the outside but your family member will get the best care here.

March 02, 2015

By Deb Cumins

There is nothing negative to say about Solano Lifehouse. The staff sincerely cares about each and every resident and treats each individual with respect. They truly understand the challenges of losing one's independence, and they make every effort to truly listen to each resident and to reassure him or her. If you are looking for a home where an elderly person will be confident, comfortable, loved, and respected, I highly recommend Solano Lifehouse.

July 23, 2014

By Hobbit Hollow

Solano Life House may not look impressive as one reviewer mentioned but that is not what matters. It is clean and well kept. The most important thing is that the residents are truly respected and loved by the staff. Debbie and Laura and their entire staff are kind, caring people. They completely "get" dementia and the strange things it does to our loved ones and they allow them to "be" who they are without judgement and always with loving support. They interact with the residents throughout the day as though they are family. They are also welcoming to family members. I come visit with our family pets and the residents and staff love it. I am so relieved that I found such a warm safe place for my mom.

January 31, 2014

Solano Life House used to be called Cherry Street. I really wasn't able to do a whole lot with them because I was uncomfortable while I was there. Their gardens weren't as well taken care of. The facility had a smell to it. The room where they all shared space was bright and sunny; however, the rooms in the back where my mom would go were very dark. They had a small kitchen. They didn't seem to have enough staff. I was thinking, if there wasn't enough staff during the day, what it would be like during the night. Also they were concerned that they wouldn't be able to help my mother get up and down.

August 14, 2013

By kate rose

I visited this facility July of 2013. It is a small assisted living home for dementia/memory care. It is located in a somewhat rural area of dixon, within an older residential neighborhood. This facility is old, however it seems to be kept up well. The gardens outside are a nice place for residents to stroll. The wing where they have their rooms is very sterile looking. All white paint, looks very hospital like. If they could change the look of this, it would lucent up the place a bit. It was very clean with no smells, which can be a problem in these types of places.

December 07, 2011

By CH.Geneva

My mother-in-law has a friend at this facility and on a recent holiday I joined her on a visit. I actually enjoyed going and I didn't expect that to be the case. The day that I was there they had therapy pets visiting and the place was active, clean, and the staff was welcoming; much like the feeling of extended family in a home. I had not been to a senior center since I was a kid and those memories stay with you. That's what I expected to find again, but I was pleasantly surprised so I'd definitely recommend this place if you have such a need within Solano County.

Questions about Solano Life House

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All staff is trained in dementia care from the outset, and then receives ongoing dementia training every two weeks.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Solano Life House. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are an Assisted Living home specializing in Memory Care. Our residents require assistance due to deteriorating physical or mental health. Unlike other care homes, we allow our residents to remain with us throughout health degradation, so they are able to stay with us and enjoy our Flat Fee for Life program, which is unique in the senior care community.

What programs or activities does Solano Life House offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a team of four activities associates led by our Activities Director Sandy Perez, who has forty years of passion for senior activities. We also have an excursion van, for twice weekly trips out into our communities. We believe strongly in remaining engaged with the world, not removed from it.

What places are near Solano Life House or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are within walking distance to the Olde Towne, with a nearly free shuttle service available for other destinations.

What transportation services does Solano Life House offer to assisted living residents?

There is a shuttle service to assist residents around town, and it will also go to the adjoining towns of Davis and Vacaville or Fairfield for medical appointments, all for the old fashioned price of $1.00.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solano Life House exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our culinary school trained Chef Alan Trujillo, is the head of Dining Services, and he works to maintain a high smiles to meals served ratio every day. He recognizes that we have three opportunities every day to make every resident happy through delicious food and interesting desserts made on the premises.

What safety features or security measures does Solano Life House offer to assisted living residents?

We are a secured property, monitored by cameras, with electronic access on exterior doors, and while residents are free to enjoy the courtyard, the exterior gates are also electronically managed.

How does Solano Life House keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We believe that thorough, as-needed communication is important, so we stay connected to families by phone from our med-techs and Administrator for timely health matters, and email regarding social affairs. To enhance family communications with those who do not live in the area, we offer Skype video calling from a resident computer station.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Solano Life House during daytime and nighttime hours?

We maintain one of the highest staff-to-resident ratios in the industry, which is one of the benefits of our thirty-eight residents sized home. We're large enough to be very active, yet small enough to be intimate and make care personal.

If Solano Life House accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We believe strongly in pet therapy, and also welcome residents with a pet as long as the resident is able to care for it and the pet is good with people. We have an enclosed courtyard for pets needing to get outside but remain secured.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receives ongoing training every two weeks, to ensure that they remain the most skilled, professional, courteous, respectful and compassionate staff that they can be.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Serving the needs of 38 residents on a typical day, we have an average of 3 Activities Associates and 1 Activities Director Sandy Perez, 3 Housekeepers, 2 Dining Services Associates and 1 Chef Alan Trujillo, and Care staff is 5-6 on AM, 4-5 on PM, and 2-3 on NOC, led by our Administrator, Mary Felix.

What safety features or security measures does Solano Life House provide to protect residents who wander?

We have security cameras monitoring the property from the Administrator's office and one must be electronically allowed out and into the property by a staff member.

What programs or activities does Solano Life House offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Activities Director Sandy Perez has been passionate about senior activities for forty years, and leads a team of five to ensure that both our Assisted Living, and our Memory care residents remain as active as they desire. We get out in our communities in our excursion van, and we bring the community in to remain engaged with the world, so that our residents are ensured more active, fulfilling lives in a social, rewarding environment. The motto of the Activities Department is Mental and Physical Stimulation for Every Resident Every Day.

Our care staff and med-techs closely scrutinize our residents along with our administrator for any concerns or changes in condition. Assessments are performed initially upon move-in to establish a baseline, and then quarterly assessments are performed, or as needed if there's a change in condition. Residents' personal physicians are kept informed of any concerns surrounding changing behavior.

What techniques does Solano Life House use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our residents are on a spectrum of need, and we assist everyone down to one-on-one care requirements.

How does Solano Life House keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Solano Life House. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are in a small town, in a quiet residential neighborhood, away from any main streets so there is never any noise issue in the residents' rooms, or our tranquil courtyard.

Is Solano Life House affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are centrally located eight miles in either direction between all of the hospitals of Vacaville and Davis, with a small urgent care hospital in town, one mile from our front door.

Costs for Solano Life House

Photos of Solano Life House

Services and Amenities of Solano Life House

• State Licenses: 486801928

About Solano Life House

Welcome to Solano Life House

We are a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly; serving Solano County California from Dixon for thirty years, but what we offer is unique in the senior care field - a fixed price. We provide personalized care in an active community environment with two full time activities directors providing mental and physical stimulation every day within the home, and heading out of the home with our active seniors on regular day trips in our 15 passenger excursion van. Yet we're small enough to offer personalized, relationship based care for residents by our loving staff; something unavailable at larger corporate facilities.

We are a state licensed, secured grounds, family owned nineteen room ranch style senior care home, providing assistance with daily life. We offer a continuum of care for our senior residents. Throughout those stages we strive to enhance residents' lives with activities, companionship, safety and comfort in a communal living environment, and we do so in a manner that makes community living a viable option to residents and their families on fixed incomes. We have one shared room rate for all residents; a fixed cost of $2,950 per month, all included. Our flat rate is unique in the senior care home community, as our residents enjoy no added fees; no levels of care charges, no service fees or menu pricing, and our residents pay this fixed rate for as long as they choose to call Solano Life House home. We also work with military veterans to allow immediate occupancy while they wait for approval of their federal benefits. Come tour our home and meet our personable care givers and staff. We would love to meet you and show you life at Solano Life House.

We are unique because we THINK about every aspect of what we do and how all of our decisions are interconnected and designed to translate into better mental and physical care, healthier residents, more fulfilling days for all, and happier individuals during their golden years. We strive every day to earn the name Solano LIFE House. When my family bought this home, we wanted to do things differently within senior care, so every aspect of the experience at Solano Life House is perpetually contemplated and reviewed toward improvement. We also go beyond our residents to consider their families’ needs, and this led us to do something unseen anywhere else in senior care; one low fixed monthly rate for all residents. You will always know what your monthly expense will be, and it will never fluctuate for services, levels of care, or for as long as your family member chooses to reside at Solano Life House.

Map of Solano Life House