10 Assisted Living Facilities near Yuba City, CA
Also serving communities of Marysville, Olivehurst, Colusa, Williams.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Yuba City area, with 8 in Yuba City and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Yuba City is $2,643 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Loomis with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 48 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Yuba City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Yuba City 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Oroville with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Yuba City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Yuba City, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Yuba City
Yuba City is located along the banks of the beautiful Feather River in Sutter County, California, and is praised among residents for its small-town charm. Yuba City is home to almost 67,000 residents, and 13.6 percent are over the age of 65. A total of nine Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) are located in the Yuba City area to provide assisted living services to the community's senior population. Seven of these RCFs are located in Yuba City itself, while two others are located in the neighboring towns of Marysville and Olivehurst.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Yuba City
- California doesn't tax social security income, which may mean that seniors have more cash on hand to help them pay for assisted living. However, the state does fully tax other sources of retirement income, which is an important consideration to make for any senior citizen who receives a pension.
- Yuba City's air quality has been assigned a passing grade by the American Lung Association. Seniors with breathing-related medical problems who wish to reside in California may find Yuba City to be one of the better options compared to other areas of the state.
Yuba-Sutter Transit gives seniors a safe option to travel around the city and its surrounding areas. Reduced fares are available to seniors and veterans.
- Yuba City has warm-weather throughout most of the year and limited precipitation, which may be attractive for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities. Seniors who are not fans of extreme heat should keep in mind that in July, for example, the city has an average high temperature of 95.1 degrees Fahrenheit, which is considerably higher than the U.S. average of 86.1 degrees. Yuba City gets an average of only 21 inches of rain each year, which is quite low in comparison to the average U.S. rainfall of 39 inches.
- The cost of living in Yuba City is 21.9 percent higher than the national average, therefore, seniors who are on a limited budget may find living in the area to be too expensive.
- The Yuba City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Rideout Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Yuba City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Yuba City start around $2,643 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Yuba City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Yuba City
Yuba City's seniors who live in RCFs can apply for financial assistance through California's 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver, which helps to pay for the cost of assisted living services.
Seniors who are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) can apply for an Optional State Supplement to assist them with paying for the cost of room and board in an RCF. Room and board costs are capped by the state for SSI recipients. Family supplementation is not permitted in the state of California.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Yuba City
Yuba City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Yuba City, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Yuba City
Yuba City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Yuba City, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Yuba City
Review of Emerald Oaks
My father-in-law is staying at the Emerald Oaks in Yuba City. We chose it because it had an opening at the time and the price was right. A representative from the family could visit, but because of... Read more
Review of Summerfield Senior Living
Summerfield Senior Living was a clean and well-run facility. Everybody was nice. I spoke to a lady by the name of Brenda, and she was very thorough, very thoughtful, and seemed to be genuinely inte... Read more
Review of Summerfield Senior Living
My father will be moving into Summerfield Senior Living. We chose them because they were the first ones to call and tell us that there was an opening. The staff has been very gracious, very caring,... Read more