The 3 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Yreka, CA for 2023
Also serving communities of Montague.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Yreka area, with 2 in Yreka and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Yreka. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Yreka 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ashland with an average rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Yreka, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Yreka, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Yreka
Yreka is a small city in the high-altitude scrub hills near the northern border of California. Around 7,600 people live in Yreka, 20 percent of the city's residents are seniors age 65 and over. Seniors in Yreka who need help living independently have three assisted living facilities available in and around town. These facilities, like all of the residential care communities in the rest of the state, are licensed and regulated through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Yreka
- The weather in Yreka is highly seasonal, owing to the relatively high altitude of the town. Summer in Yreka sees high temperatures that average 92 degrees, while winter lows average 25 degrees in December. Yreka gets 20 inches of rain and 12 inches of snow in a typical year.
- The cost of living in Yreka is just 94 percent of the average cost of living in the United States. This is significantly lower than the cost of living in California, which is generally 69 percent more expensive than the national average. Healthcare in Yreka costs roughly 2 percent less than the average cost nationwide.
- Crime rates in Yreka can be high. Across all categories, rates of reported crime in Yreka are 30 percent above the national average. Most of the elevated crime rate in Yreka is in a very high rate of property crimes, such as theft, though violent crime rates are within the normal range for cities the size of Yreka.
- Public transportation in Yreka is provided by STAGE, which operates regular bus routes in the area, though some stops are by appointment only. Discount fare cards are available for Yreka seniors, though STAGE does not operate on weekends or most federal holidays.
- The Yreka area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Fairchild Medical Center and Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Yreka has an array of community resources for seniors, including Great Northern Services (GNS), an organization that helps low-income area seniors with emergency energy assistance and emergency food service. GNS also provides weatherization assistance and health resources for certain medical conditions, as well as four senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Yreka
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Yreka start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Yreka and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Yreka
Seniors in Yreka who meet the income and asset limits set by the federal government can get help paying for the cost of assisted living through the state's Medicaid program, known as MediCal.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Yreka
Yreka and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Yreka, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Yreka
Yreka-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Yreka
Review of Siskiyou Springs
Room are small & expensive. The residents are bored & there’s no longer transportation. Poor care from unfriendly staff. Elevators don’t work. Terrible food & high prices for rent. Read more
Review of Siskiyou Springs
We visited Siskiyou Springs several times. It was our best choice, and I very highly recommend them. It is big. There are things to do, and it is very well put together. They're friendly. They answ... Read more
Review of Siskiyou Springs
The maintenance manager here is dangerous. He has threatened, intimidated and harassed our friends and family multiple times. He seems more suited to being a prison guard or in a corrections facili... Read more