16 Assisted Living Facilities near Medford, OR
Also serving communities of Central Point, Jacksonville, White City, Eagle Point.
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Medford area, with 12 in Medford and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Medford is $3,392 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Talent with an average starting cost of $2,002.
To help you with your search, browse the 89 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Medford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Medford 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Medford find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Medford, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Medford, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Medford
Medford, Oregon, the Jackson County seat, is home to more than 81,000 residents. The city is perhaps best known as the home of the Harry and David Corporation, the largest direct marketer of fruits and food gifts in the United States.
Oregon state law defines an assisted living facility (ALF) as having six or more residents in a homelike setting with or without care. The 14 ALFs in and around Medford are regulated by the Oregon Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Medford
- Medford has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Rogue Valley Council of Governments (RVCG), an agency that offers meals, nutrition services and transportation for residents age 60 and older, as well as a senior center.
The cost of living in Medford, Oregon is somewhat high. Although the cost of groceries are reasonable, the overall cost of living is eight percent higher than the national average. This could be an issue for seniors trying to make ends meet on a fixed income.
- Medford, and the Rogue Valley, is noted for its wet fall and winter seasons, mild winter temperatures and hot, dry summers. The average high temperature in Medford in January is 47 degrees Fahrenheit, and the average high temperature in July is 88 degrees. The moisture in this climate could aggravate chronic joint conditions like arthritis.
- The crime rate in Medford is one of the worst in the State or Oregon and is getting steadily worse. It has risen by 14 percent in recent years and is 166 percent higher than the national average. This is concerning for all residents, especially seniors and their families.
- Medford offers a myriad of transportation options. For seniors with cars, I-5 cuts through the city and connects Medford to Eugene to the north and Reading, California to the south. Rogue Valley Transportation District operates public bus transportation within the city, Monday through Saturday. The system offers reduced fares to riders age 62 and older who obtain a reduced fare card. In addition, Call a Ride offers on-demand transporation to seniors for non-emergency needs.
- The Medford, Oregon area is home to world-class medical facilities including Asante Rouge Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Medford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Medford start around $3,392 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Medford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Medford
Eligible Medford, Oregon seniors can find a number of state and federal assistance programs to help them with the cost of an assisted living facility. These include the Community First Choice Plan, and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Medford
Medford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Medford, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Medford
Medford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Medford, OR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Medford
Review of Rogue Valley Manor
I toured the Rogue Valley Manor. It was very open and airy. I like the fact there was plenty of room to walk around and enjoy yourself. The people were really nice. They answered all my questions, ... Read more
Review of Bartlett House Of Medford
Bartlett House of Medford is a small place. We heard that the staff was good. They had a good reputation from therapists who have been there themselves with clients and loved ones. They were very q... Read more
Review of Fountain Plaza
My parents moved to Fountain Plaza. It was wonderful. According to my parents the food is far superior compared to the other place. They serve dinner at dinner time, a big meal, and they have super... Read more