13 Assisted Living Facilities near Talent, OR
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Talent area, with 1 in Talent and 12 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 84 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Talent. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Talent 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Medford with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Talent, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Talent, OR
12 Assisted Living Facilities near Talent, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Talent
Talent is set in Jackson County, Oregon, between Medford and Ashland. Originally the site of Fort Wagner in the 1800s, the small-town charm will please seniors as they take advantage of community events like the annual Harvest Festival.
Assisted living facilities in Talent, and all of, Oregon are regulated and licensed through the Oregon Department of Human Services, Office of Licensing and Regulatory Oversight. There is only one assisted living facility available within Talent, but 14 others are scattered in the surrounding areas.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Talent
- Seniors who have air-quality sensitivities will want to consider the D grade given to Jackson County by the American Lung Association for high-particle pollution days. High-ozone days were rated much better with a B grade.
- Talent is a great place for seniors who prefer drier climates, with an average of only 21 inches of annual rain and 3 inches of snow. Temperatures range from 88 degrees in July to 30 degrees in January.
- With a crime rate index of 32, Talent experiences more crime than 68 percent of U.S. cities. Seniors are encouraged to take precaution, with violent crime occurring at a rate of 1 per 232 residents and property crime rates sitting at 1 per 59 residents.
- The cost of living in Talent is 16 percent higher than the national average, but this is mostly due to housing costs being 60 percent above average. Seniors pay 8 percent more for groceries and 7 percent less for health care.
- The Talent area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Medford.
- Public transit in Talent is provided by Rogue Valley Transportation District (RVTD), which offers reduced fares to seniors over the age of 62.
Paying for Assisted Living in Talent
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Talent start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Talent and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Talent
Oregon Medicaid has four programs to help eligible seniors cover the costs associated with assisted living. The K Plan, or Community First Choice (CFC) plan, offers long-term supports to avoid nursing home placement and the Independent Choices Program (ICP) provides monthly cash payments to allow self-managed care. The other two programs are Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waivers, which include the Aged and Physically Disabled (APD) waiver to prevent nursing home placement and the Client-Employed Provider (CEP) program to allow seniors to choose their care providers.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Talent
Talent and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Talent, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Talent
Talent-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Talent
Review of Suncrest Place
Suncrest Place is a very small community with only about 30 residents all on one floor. All of the residents are mobile enough to go to the dining area. They have movies, and musical groups would s... Read more
Review of Suncrest Place
There are only 35 residents in Jackson House, so it's much better. It's lovely and it has a nice little cottage feel to it. My mom really likes the food and that's a huge deal for her. Everyone has... Read more