8 Assisted Living Facilities near Ashland, OR
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ashland area, with 2 in Ashland and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ashland is $3,995 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Talent with an average starting cost of $2,790.
To help you with your search, browse the 68 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ashland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ashland 3.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Talent with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ashland, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Ashland, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ashland
Ashland, Oregon, is located in Jackson County. It sits on the California border, and seniors can enjoy a day at nearby Crater Lake. Those aged 65 and over make up approximately 22% of the city's 21,000 residents. Some in that age group may seek help with the tasks of daily living at one of the city's two assisted living facilities or six other options in nearby communities.
Assisted living facilities in Oregon, including Ashland, are sometimes called residential care facilities, depending on whether they have private or shared rooms. These facilities are regulated by the Oregon Department of Human Services, Office of Licensing and Regulatory Oversight.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ashland
- The Ashland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Asante Ashland Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Driven by housing costs with an index of 244, more than double the national base of 100, Ashland's cost of living at 140 is 15% higher than the state average and 40% higher than the U.S. average. This could be a stretch for family members moving here from less expensive communities.
- While Ashland's violent crime rate of 10.1 is less than half the US norm of 22.7, the city's high property crime rate of 48.4 exceeds the national average of 35.4. While touring assisted living facilities in the area, it may be a good idea to ask staff what security measures are in place to keep residents safe.
- Ashland receives 4 inches of snow and 22 inches of rain, compared to national averages of 28 and 38, respectively. However, the city has only 198 sunny days per year, seven less than the national norm. This may be a great choice for seniors who dislike rain and snow or who have difficulty getting around in wet weather.
- Seniors with respiratory difficulties may enjoy Ashland's air quality of 70, 12 points higher than the US median. The city's water quality of 60 is five points higher than the national average.
- The state of Oregon doesn't tax Social Security benefits, which could be good news to Ashland seniors on a budget.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ashland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Ashland start around $3,795 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ashland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ashland
Low-income seniors in Ashland may be eligible for help with their assisted living expenses through the K Plan, which is part of the Community First Choice program in Oregon.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ashland
Ashland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ashland, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ashland
Ashland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ashland
Review of Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge Ashland is a really great facility. I would have gone there if I really needed to go in that direction; it was my family who said it was too far away. I knew the person who gave me the ... Read more
Review of Maple Ridge
When my mother moved here a couple of years ago she was in independent living. I would never have recommended it to others but there was a massive change in staff about a year and a half ago. Sin... Read more
Review of Skylark Assisted Living
If you love your family member do not send them here. If you value your sanity, do not send them here. Food is institutional. But, worse of all is their processing of Long Term Care Insurance. ... Read more