7 Assisted Living Facilities in Roseburg, OR
Also serving communities of Sutherlin, Myrtle Creek, Canyonville.
The average cost of assisted living in Roseburg is $3,600 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 16 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Roseburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Roseburg 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Roseburg, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Roseburg
Roseburg calls itself the "timber capital of the nation," so it's no surprise that the city is surrounded by beautiful forests. Seniors will encounter tranquil views when traveling around the area. Roseburg has seven assisted living facilities located in town. Each of these assisted living communities provides seniors not only with room and board in a comfortable residential setting but also with personal care services that include medication management and help with the activities of daily living, such as grooming, eating, and bathing. Roseburg's assisted living facilities, like all those in Oregon, are licensed by the state's Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Roseburg
- Roseburg's cost of living sits only 3.3 percent above the national average, making it a good choice for seniors living on a fixed income.
- Roseburg has an array of community resources for seniors, including Douglas County Senior Services, an organization that provides Meals on Wheels, health and wellness support, home repair assistance and legal advocacy, as well as one senior center.
- Roseburg's Mediterranean climate produces warm, dry summers with high temperatures averaging in the mid-80s. Winters tend to be cold and very rainy, with an average rainfall of 8 inches per month. Snow is rare, though low temperatures hover around freezing during the winter.
U-Trans, formerly known as Umpqua Transit, operates public bus service through Roseburg and connecting to neighboring communities such as Myrtle Creek, Winston and Canyonville. Seats at the front of the bus are reserved for seniors. U-Trans also operates a ridesharing door-to-door paratransit service for the disabled.
- The Roseburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercy Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who love the arts have plenty of opportunities to follow their passions in Roseburg, with art galleries, the Umpqua Actors Community Theatre, and various folk dancing troupes putting on performances. Music lovers can enjoy the local concert chorale, community band, and symphony, as well as visiting name musicians playing in the Music on the Half Shell concerts held regularly in Stewart Park.
Paying for Assisted Living in Roseburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Roseburg start around $3,600 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Roseburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Roseburg
Eligible seniors who need some financial help paying for their assisted living facility costs may be able to get assistance from Oregon's Community First Choice program. Also known as the 1915(k) plan, the K Plan and the K Option, this benefit program for low-income seniors is part of Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Roseburg
Roseburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Roseburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Roseburg
Roseburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Roseburg, OR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Roseburg
Review of Ashley Manor - Douglas Facility
The person I'm taking care of stayed at Ashley Manor and the place was OK. It was clean, homey, and comfortable. The staff was good. They had very poor activities with very low stimulation for poep... Read more
Review of Riverview Terrace
We visited Riverview Terrace. It was very nice, and the staff was very pleasant and outgoing. The have individual apartments, the rooms were very nice, big, and livable. The dining area was very ni... Read more
Review of Riverview Terrace
I chose Riverview Terrace because when I walked into the lobby there was no odor. The place was immaculate. It is very pretty. It has lots of nice grounds to it. It is just a very pleasant place to... Read more