23 Assisted Living Facilities near Eugene, OR
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Eugene area, with 18 in Eugene and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Eugene is $3,838 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 151 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Eugene. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Eugene 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 10 families in Eugene find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Eugene, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Eugene, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Eugene
With an array of parks, public art collections and museums, Eugene, located in west-central Oregon, has plenty of exciting things for the area's residents, including the 19,716 seniors who live there, to do. For seniors who require help with activities of daily living, there are 19 assisted living facilities within city limits.
Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) and Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) in Eugene, and in Oregon as a whole, are managed by the Oregon Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Eugene
- Oregon seniors are not taxed on Social Security benefits, although they are partially taxed on pensions and fully taxed on retirement savings account withdrawals. Seniors living in Eugene may find that they have more money to put toward their facility expenses.
- The cost of living in Eugene is quite high at 114.8, slightly higher than the national average of 100. Although healthcare and transportation expenses are lower than the average, groceries rank higher at 110.4. Seniors should keep the city's cost of living in mind when allocating money for expenses.
- Lane County's transportation division offers transportation assistance with their ADA service program, called RideSource. Seniors can use their services to get anywhere in Lane County, with round-trip service directly from their community to their destination. The city's bus system is also safe and accessible for seniors and it offers routes that cover the entire Eugene area.
- The Eugene area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sacred Heart Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Eugene has a violent crime rate of 23.9, only slightly higher than the national average of 22.7, but its property crime rate of 57.5 is more than 20 points higher than the national average of 35.4. Fortunately, theft and property crime are unlikely to affect seniors living in assisted living facilities due to security measures like alarms and cameras.
- Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors might not like Eugene's wet climate with annual rainfalls of 50 inches, resulting in the city only getting155 sunny days per year, 50 less than the national average of 205.
Paying for Assisted Living in Eugene
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Eugene start around $3,815 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Eugene and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Eugene
Seniors who are eligible can apply for funds to help pay for their assisted living care through the following government programs: the Oregon Health Plan, which is the state's Medicaid program, and the Community First Choice Option.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Eugene
Eugene and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Eugene, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Eugene
Eugene-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Eugene, OR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Eugene
Review of Angels Aisle Adult Foster
I am so greatful the many years of loving individualized care angel's aisle provided my grams .she always told me how good the food was, and spoke of the staff as family. Read more
Review of Grace Manor Senior Living, LLC
Grace Manor was the perfect setting for my mom. Her room was bright, clean and comfy. In the over 2 years she spent there, they were constantly updating the outside and the staff was always busy se... Read more
Review of Sheldon Park Assisted Living
Sheldon Park Assisted Living ambiance is amazing! The high ceilings everywhere makes the inside feel very open and airy. My experience with the care providers including the receptionist, move in c... Read more