Churchill Estates Retirement Community

Reviews of Churchill Estates Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Churchill Estates Retirement Community

December 13, 2016

By Carolyn181266

Churchill Estates Retirement Community is OK, but it is an older, and it has much more of a nursing home type of feel. The rooms are a little small, but they can accommodate wheelchairs although its a little cramped. The staff seems very competent and receptive to the needs of their residents, and very friendly. I suggest they make the place more like a home rather than a hospital-type. It has that clinical feel to it, so it doesn't feel quite as comfortable. They take the residents to little excursions on the coast and to other places.

May 10, 2016

By MalaKKTCL

I moved into Churchill Estates Retirement Community about one month ago. The staff is very good, very kind, and polite. They have numerous outings, Wii bowling, bingo, poker and other games, movie nights, exercise bicycles, and a pool table. Overall, the food is pretty good and try to give balanced meals. It is fairly healthy, but I would like to see a little bit more variety. Overall, they do pretty well. One of the reasons I came here was because, for the same price, all the other places I looked at only gave a studio, and with Churchill Estates, for the same price, I have a large one-bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, and a full bathroom with a balcony. The common area is nice. They keep it clean and comfortable. Churchill Estates is a little more relaxed than all of the other facilities I saw.

June 17, 2014

We visited Churchill Estates. We loved the assisted living part. It was wonderful. They had really good and informative staff. I loved that they had a huge communal area in there, and their dining room was wonderful and huge. It was nice to see that people dressed for dinner. They were socializing people, and they were not isolated. They had apartments, and they were lovely. The gardens weren't as wonderful as where my aunt was, but they do have nice grounds there. They had greens, patios, and areas to socialize. We wouldn't have any problem, if she could have been in the assisted living. However, because of her issues, she has to have 24-hour care, and we didn’t care for the memory care. It was way too institutional for my aunt's needs.

December 28, 2013

My sister lives at Churchill. The apartments were really good and the facility is very clean. I took part on some of the activities there. One of the most wonderful things they had was the band from the high school, they come over and they play 50s songs. The people really love it. The biggest complaint I had against them was that they lock the doors too early.

July 05, 2012

By ChrisM12973

The staff was nice and very helpful towards both residents and visiting family. They had a full dining hall with meals cooked almost restaurant style the menu wasn't super variable but that is understandable considering the amount of people that were being fed. There was a library with many genres of books with computer access as well. It's situated on the side of the hill adjacent to the high school. The facility setup trips for residents to take them grocery shopping or just to visit parks and everything in between. There was often visits from the high school music department where they would play music for the residents which I grandmother really enjoyed. The staff there was very medically knowledgeable and treated the residents with the utmost care and respect as they should be. The rooms were studio style apartments with 1 full bathroom. It also had a mini kitchen with fridge so if the residents chose to eat at home and didn't feel like they wanted to go to the dining hall they didn't have too. Overall I have to say that this was an excellent facility that my Grandmother enjoyed as did the rest of our family.

Independent Living Reviews for Churchill Estates Retirement Community

Costs for Churchill Estates Retirement Community

Photos of Churchill Estates Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Churchill Estates Retirement Community

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Vegetarian

• Pets: We Accept Cats Only No Dogs Unless They Are A Service Animal, Which Does Not Include Emotional Support Animals.

• State Licenses: 1792064844

About Churchill Estates Retirement Community

On one campus, Churchill Estates can provide accommodations for those seeking an independent lifestyle, those who require just a little help with some daily tasks, to full assistance provisions, or the specialized support services provided in our memory care. One campus. One solution.

At Churchill Estates we take pride in our attractive and well-kept grounds. Churchill is a place you can be proud to call home and we are continually working to improve our campus. There are a variety of unit types and we are sure everyone can find one that suits their particular necessities.

INDEPENDENT LIVING:

We offer a variety of floor plans such as studio, alcove and one or two-bedroom apartments. For those who still enjoy cooking we have full kitchens available. If you no longer wish to make your own meals, our dining room provides three nutritious meals per day. Our Apartments are rented on a month-to-month basis without the hassle of a large buy-in fee. Our commitment is to support you as an individual for your independence and freedom as well as for your comfort and security.

ASSISTED LIVING:

Monthly rental of a studio or one-bedroom apartment includes a twenty-four-hour care team, three meals a day, weekly housekeeping, laundry, and linen service. Our residents may also enjoy the TV lounge and library, a full-service beauty salon, planned activities and scheduled transportation. Additional assistance services are available based on individual care requirements. Peace of mind is assured by knowing that personal assistance is close at hand when needed.

MEMORY CARE:

Our main focus is maintaining the safety, dignity and maximizing personal freedom for our residents who suffer from Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia. We address challenges that are caused as a result of memory loss by providing a comfortable home-like environment. Our residents receive dedicated quality care and services provided by our specially trained caregivers and licensed nurses. Assistance is provided as needed for all activities of daily living as well as for social and recreational events. When necessary, medical transportation can be scheduled. Complete housekeeping and laundry service is provided.

At every step our goal is to focus on your loved one's emotional health as well as their physical well-being and to create and maintain as much personal independence as possible. Minds may no longer remember all of the rich experiences of each day but hearts and souls certainly will.

It is important for our residents to feel at home. To this end we provide areas on our campus for those living here to have space to relax and enjoy.

Map of Churchill Estates Retirement Community