3 Assisted Living Facilities near Junction City, OR
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Junction City area, with 2 in Junction City and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Junction City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Junction City 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Eugene with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Junction City, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Junction City, OR
1 Assisted Living Facility near Junction City, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Junction City
Junction City is located about 17 miles north of Eugene in the southern part of Oregon’s renowned Willamette Valley. This fertile region where some of the world's best wine grapes are grown provides seniors with more than 500+ wineries to explore. The lush, rural community of Junction City is home to about 6,200 residents and only a 12-minute drive to the second-largest airport in Oregon, EUG.
Nearly 14% of Junction City’s population is made up of adults aged 65 and older. To accommodate its senior residents who need 24-hour help with medications, meals and housekeeping, Junction City has two assisted living facilities, with another 19 in nearby Eugene. Oregon seniors can also receive support with the activities of daily living in residential care facilities (RCFs). Both ALFs and RCFs are licensed and regulated by the Oregon Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Junction City
- Junction City residents aged 65 or older who love to learn can do so at no cost by auditing courses at nearby University of Oregon. The 295-acre campus in Eugene along the Willamette River has nine schools and colleges.
- Seniors who thrive when the sun is shining may be disappointed to learn they only receive 155 sunny days in Junction City on average per year. This area is one of the coolest places in Oregon, with only about 13 days annually where the temperature exceeds 90 degrees.
- Junction City offers an array of community resources for seniors, including the Viking Sal Senior Center, which provides weekday lunches, a senior law program, classes, games and trips.
- Retirees on tight budgets may find their money goes further in Junction City, where seniors pay less than the U.S. average for health care and utilities. Grocery and transportation costs are higher, however.
- The Junction City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center University District, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Security-conscious seniors and their loved ones may sleep better knowing Junction City’s crime rates are lower than the national averages. On a 100-point scale, Junction City scores a property crime rate of 14.5. The U.S. average is 35.4. Violent crime in Junction City rates 8.7, also lower than the national average of 22.7.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Junction City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Junction City start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Junction City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Junction City
To help eligible seniors over 65 living in Junction City pay for assisted living costs, the state offers the Oregon Medicaid Aged and Physically Disabled 1915(c) Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Junction City
Junction City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Junction City, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Junction City
Junction City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Junction City
Review of Nature's Way
I'm very pleased with Nature's Way. I think they're caring and very good. My wife has a room. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 9. Her room is average size but very clean. It has everything ... Read more
Review of Junction City Retirement & Assisted Living Residence
I am in the Junction City Retirement & Assisted Living, and it is fine. The rooms are big, the food is OK, they have a lot of activities, and the staff members are very friendly. Read more