Brookdale Geary Street

Reviews of Brookdale Geary Street

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Geary Street

October 19, 2019

By Not Here if you care

I am the son of a former resident ( my mom). 4 yrs ago is when we put my mom in this facility. The last 2 yrs we’ve had nothing but major problems. Ants found on uneaten food trays left out for my mom to eat. She can hardly see at all. I’m glad I came and found it before she did. Brought this to attention to all the staff from maintenance to the E.D. ( E.D. Is hardly onsite & often doesn’t return calls) Fought ants for the last 4 months. HEY BROOKEDALE!!!!.FYI..ants come to eat when there is a lack of housekeeping. I would rate the housekeeping effort 1.5 out of 5.... Placing my mom on filthy soiled sheets (worst case you can imagine) ... these 2 examples is what led us to move out. There were many other events that added to the decision ....total lack of concern by the management ( excluding Natalie) . Most staff have a ““not my job” attitude. Sad but true. We have moved mom to a much nicer facility and just want to get the word out to protect those who have loved ones needing help..... Only a small handful of great staff members.... you know who you are 👍

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. We would like to assure you the safety and well-being of our residents is our top priority and are aware our regional management team has been in contact with the family regarding these concerns.

January 09, 2018

By Patty

Brookdale Geary Street seemed very nice and pleasant. It was a newer, nice, bright, and clean place. Their studio room was on the small side; that's why we didn't choose them. They had nice grounds outside. The staff members I met were fantastic. The dining room was very nice, comfortable, clean, and looked like a casual restaurant.

December 08, 2016

By linda8904

My husband was a resident at the memory care for one month! I moved his because of the lack of care he received. Scheduled activities not done, linens not changed, he complained about the food and the whole place just seemed understaffed and disorganized. Even after bringing some of these things to their attention it still did not get done. The billing also was impossible to get straightened out. Reported everything to corporate.

February 26, 2016

By Cindy120888750

Brookdale Geary was nice, but just seemed disorganized; more crowded, and more expensive.

September 16, 2015

By Richard113140350

My wife is in Brookdale. She has only been there for a few days, but so far, it has been a very positive experience. The staff seems to be caring and very attentive to my wife's need.

January 12, 2015

By Apr-74

We loved Wynwood, and the administrator there was awesome. However, the room was shaped funny. It was very small and claustrophobic, so we had to go in a different direction. Everybody was very attentive. It was nice, and everything was kept up well.

June 30, 2014

By Robert86708150

Wynwood of Albany seemed to be a very adequate place for someone who has the need of a facility. They have several different rooms, with one or two bedrooms. They offer a well-balanced meal. They have a very good staff, and they are always right there to help you with your needs whenever you need them. The facility is very clean, and they take care of the room's bedding once a week. They also have a laundromat where you can do your own laundry. They have exercise and puzzle rooms you can use. The facility, for me, is very adequate.

June 19, 2014

By Rick23

I thought Wynwood was very nice. It was relatively new, and they were constructing more buildings. I had a tour, but I didn't taste the food. However, I thought they were kind of pricey for what they offered.

July 10, 2012

By dbh211

My grandmother was very particular when it came to what assisted living residence she stayed in. Wynwood of Albany was the eventual winner because of its well cared for grounds, amply stocked art room, and the quality of the food. She also got to decide if she wanted to go down to the dining room for dinner or stay in her room and she appreciated the choice.I found the facility clean and staffed by cheerful, knowledgeable people. The gift shop in particular was run far better than the other such stores in my grandmother's previous residences.My only complaints were the noise in the rec area (the televisions were often too loud and competing with each other) and the limited options when it came to off site entertainment. My grandmother had no real interest in joining in on these outings anyway, so it was of no consequence to her.Overall I would recommend Wynwood of Albany, particularly in the case of extremely limited mobility residents. Lots of good places to sit and chat.

August 20, 2011

By saveslives

I would NEVER put a loved one in this facility. They not only give your loved one the wrong medicines, but they are very likely to never give them their prescription medicinejjs. Hope that they are not homebound, stuck in their apt, not able to go down for their meals. They are likely to never get their meals delivered to them, or given meals that they can't chew or digest. If they fall down, they usually won't be discovered for quite some time. The trash is piled up for days, rodent infestion is most likely to happen as they do not clean the apts, even tho you pay them for that service. I would never again put a loved one in that facility. They are being investigated even as I write. Stay away from this facility.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Geary Street

October 27, 2018

By Visitor333

Brookdale Geary Street was very good to work with. It was the place we selected to move into. The cleanliness was excellent. The staff seemed very helpful and friendly. We were looking for memory care assistance. It was very clean and well taken care of.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Photos of Brookdale Geary Street

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Geary Street

• Companion Suites: Yes

About Brookdale Geary Street

Brookdale Geary Street provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Geary Street