Bonaventure of Salem

Reviews of Bonaventure of Salem

Assisted Living Reviews for Bonaventure of Salem

September 19, 2016

By NJC006880

Bonaventure is great all way around, and my father actually was there but we had a problem with their billing. My daughter is a hair stylist, and she had a few of her clients who have their parents there were talking about being overbilled. They have everything from beauty shop to a recreation room. They have a room where the residents can go in and plant flowers and a garden shop. They play cards, they had a bar area, and happy hour once a week. They also had great meeting rooms; it got really good care there. It was a little higher, but it was spotlessly clean and really good to the family.

July 12, 2016

By DMJ937

Great community and great Staff!! I've had my mom here in the memory care for over a year now and she loves it. There has been some rough times, but I'm fortunate that the Program Director we have now was able to revamp memory care and give my mom's quality of life a better value. I am very thankful for her and the crew she brought on board to care for my mom.

March 21, 2016

By Jan122258150

We moved Mom to Bonaventure and don't have any complaints as everything has been very good and they seem to be taking good care of her. Their dining room is very nice.

August 27, 2015

My mom was in Bonaventure. They were pretty good. The staff was nice. The food was OK, but not really good. The sanitation, I thought, was fine. The room was good. It was fine. She had a one-bedroom unit.

June 30, 2015

By Dean9

My parents are at Bonaventure of Salem. They have been there for almost a month now. It is very nice. It is a newer facility. It has lots of open areas. It is a small place, but there are a lot of places inside here that they can go, like a movie theater. The rooms are a little bigger with taller ceilings. They just feel much more open.

March 18, 2015

By Hiplady

The facility was beautiful, they really offered much for the senior. Unfortunately, it was too expensive for me. I gave them 4 stars as the dinner was poor. The gentleman that gave me the tour was very informative, and helpful.

December 25, 2014

Bonaventure of Salem was very nice. I like it a lot. The staff gave us a good tour. They took us into somebody's room because they didn't have any vacancies. It was very nice. It was more spacious than a lot of them. It was a bedroom and living room type thing. They showed us various activity areas and such. They have an exercise room and card tables. At that time, they were playing some floor game with bean bags. They also have like a classroom. They have two sets of dining rooms, which were very nice. Also the hallways were nice, and people were friendly. In the entry area, they have a little nice area where you can order coffee and drinks and such. Parking was good too. However, one thing I had a problem with was that they wanted $5000 to come in, which was not refundable. It was just like an admission fee. Also they didn't want people that needed to be assisted eating in their dining room, but they didn't want you to get trays in your room either.

September 13, 2014

By AshleyJ

We moved our parent into this facility when it first opened and haven't had any positive experiences. The facility is terribly understaffed and the turn over is extremely high. The meal service is horrible - terrible food and long waits. Our parents have housecleaning cleaning service which includes laundry, but our parents place looks dirty. We have contacted the director and assistants at Bonaventure many times with our concerns and got answers but no changes were made. We eventually contacted Oregon Adult Services though the state. The Oregon Adult Services was currently aware of issues and said the facility was under review. We are terribly disappointed as moving our parents again would be difficult.

Independent Living Reviews for Bonaventure of Salem

Costs for Bonaventure of Salem

Photos of Bonaventure of Salem

Services and Amenities of Bonaventure of Salem

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• Licenses: 1063600062

About Bonaventure of Salem

Bonaventure of Salem, OR is a luxury senior living community offering personalized independent living, assisted living, and memory care programs. It’s our goal to help each of our guests experience retirement perfected, which is why we’ve carefully built communities to help you feel at home, amenities to make life fun and convenient, and activities to nourish your well-being. Whether you’re looking for senior care options for yourself or your loved one, you can take a tour with us to see our community and get a glimpse of our spacious suites. Call us today to schedule your tour!

Amenities:
  • Microwaves in all Independent Living units
  • Microwaves in all Assisted Living units
  • Outdoor area
  • Patios and balconies in all Independent Living residences
  • Cable and phone with long distance
  • Private dining room
  • All inclusive utilities
  • Home maintenance
  • Individually controlled thermostats
  • Enhanced front door security

Bonaventure Senior Living is a far cry from a one-size-fits-all solution to your retirement community, assisted living, and memory care needs. In addition to our great amenities we offer apartments for seniors that will make you feel right at home. With a variety of layouts reminiscent of a luxury apartment complex, whether you want two bedrooms and two bathrooms or a smaller one bedroom, one bathroom suite, Bonaventure has options for you to choose from. For Memory Care suites we do offer either private one bedroom or shared rooms.

Tucked against a wooded backdrop, Bonaventure of Salem is a retirement, assisted living and memory care community. Conveniently positioned off the Kuebler exit on I-5, our location makes for easy travel in all directions. You’ll find an abundance of history in Salem’s nearby downtown district, including the state capital building and Mission Mill Museum. Flexible transportation and a friendly, helpful staff are just some of the amenities our residents enjoy.

Map of Bonaventure of Salem