10 Assisted Living Facilities near Lebanon, OR
Also serving communities of Sweet Home.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lebanon area, with 3 in Lebanon and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lebanon is $3,795 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,395. Cheaper nearby regions include Corvallis with an average starting cost of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 30 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lebanon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lebanon 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Keizer with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lebanon, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Lebanon, OR
7 Assisted Living Facilities near Lebanon, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lebanon
Lebanon, Oregon, got its name from founder Jeremiah Ralston. He named it after his hometown of Lebanon, Tennessee, and because the area’s cedar trees reminded him of the Biblical cedars of Lebanon. The city is now home to more than 15,000 residents, with the senior population of 2,537 making up 16.3% of those people. City seniors who need help with personal care and other aspects of daily living can find support in one of the three assisted living facilities in Lebanon or one of the seven facilities located in the nearby regions of Albany and Sweet Home.
In Lebanon and throughout Oregon, there are two types of residential care: assisted living facilities and residential care facilities. The major difference between the two designations has to do with building requirements and shared versus private rooms. Both are licensed and overseen by the Oregon Department of Human Services, Office of Licensing and Regulatory Oversight.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lebanon
- Seniors in Lebanon can feel safe when out in the city, which has a violent crime rate of 13 — almost half the national average of 22.7. Property crime rates, however, are higher at 57.6; more than 20 points higher than the national average of 35.4. Seniors considering assisted living options in Lebanon might wish to consult with facility administration regarding security measures and protocols in place to keep residents safe.
- Oregon does not tax Social Security benefits, which could benefit seniors with low incomes who are thinking of moving to Lebanon.
- Lebanon’s air quality rating of 59 is almost on par with the national average of 58 when measured on a 100-point scale, with 100 representing the areas with the best air quality. Seniors with respiratory issues such as asthma or COPD may find living in Lebanon easier than in other parts of Oregon.
- The Lebanon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The overall cost of living in Lebanon is 96.1, which is lower than the state average of 124.4 and the U.S. average of 100. Seniors can expect to pay less for transportation and healthcare in this city. However, grocery and housing costs are higher than the national averages at 110.4 and 108.2, which could increase assisted living facility expenses.
- Living in Lebanon means a comfortable year-round climate with temperatures that range from 82 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer to 34 degrees during the winter months, which might be of interest to seniors who dislike extreme temperature fluctuations.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lebanon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Lebanon start around $3,795 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lebanon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lebanon
Lebanon seniors who cannot afford the costs associated with assisted living may be able to receive help from K Plan, part of Oregon’s Community First Choice program. Qualifying applicants must be at least 65 years old and meet financial criteria.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lebanon
Lebanon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lebanon, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lebanon
Lebanon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lebanon
Review of Willamette Manor, Inc.
All the staff are friendly they are kind to EVERYONE! They take care of my great grandma verry well, thank you so much Willamette Manor! Read more
Review of Meadow Lark
It is pretty good. They are very friendly, and it seems to be a good community for Dad. He's in a large studio with a large bathroom, a walk-in shower, a little kitchenette with a refrigerator and ... Read more
Review of Willamette Manor, Inc.
Willamette Manor was not as clean. For one thing, they don’t have dementia care; so that was out. Their prices were very reasonable, but it wasn’t going to fit our needs. It was OK, but it wouldn’t... Read more