9 Assisted Living Facilities near Lebanon, OR
Also serving communities of Sweet Home.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lebanon area, with 3 in Lebanon and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lebanon is $4,365 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Albany with an average starting cost of $4,350.
To help you with your search, browse the 34 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lebanon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lebanon 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Corvallis with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lebanon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Lebanon, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lebanon
Lebanon, Oregon, is located in Linn County and features beautiful natural scenery, such as that found at the McDowell Creek Falls, which feature a walking look suited for all age groups. Of the 15,518 people living in Lebanon, 16.35% of them are seniors 65 and over. Many in this age group take advantage of the opportunity to socialize, participate in fitness activities and volunteer at the Lebanon Senior Center. Others in this age group may be seeking assistance from an assisted living facility, known as residential care facilities, and there are three located in Lebanon and seven more in nearby communities, such as Albany.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lebanon
- The state of Oregon doesn't tax Social Security benefits, which could be good news to Lebanon seniors with low incomes.
- The Lebanon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lebanon's cost of living is 96.1, slightly under the national baseline of 100 and much lower than Oregon's average of 124.4. This is due mainly to lower healthcare, utilities and transportation, which is may benefit seniors and their family members.
- While 50 inches of rain falls each year, Lebanon only receives 2 inches of snow, which may be good for seniors with limited mobility who find it hard to get around in icy conditions. The city has a moderate temperature range of 24 to 82.
- According to the EPA, Lebanon's air quality is 59, on par with the national average of 58. Water quality here is 60, five points higher than the national norm. This May promote quality of life for seniors with asthma, COPD and other respiratory concerns.
- Lebanon's violent crime rate is 13.0, nearly 10 points lower than the US median. However, the city's property crime rate is 57.6, more than 22 points higher than the national average. Seniors touring assisted living facilities may wish to ask what precautions are taken to keep residents and their belongings safe.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lebanon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Lebanon start around $4,365 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lebanon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lebanon
Low-income Lebanon seniors might be eligible for help with their assisted living expenses through the K Plan, which is part of the Community First Choice program in Oregon.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lebanon
Lebanon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lebanon, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lebanon
Lebanon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lebanon
Review of Willamette Manor
All the staff are friendly they are kind to EVERYONE! They take care of my great grandma verry well, thank you so much Willamette Manor! Read more
Review of Meadow Lark
It is pretty good. They are very friendly, and it seems to be a good community for Dad. He's in a large studio with a large bathroom, a walk-in shower, a little kitchenette with a refrigerator and ... Read more
Review of Willamette Manor
Willamette Manor was not as clean. For one thing, they don’t have dementia care; so that was out. Their prices were very reasonable, but it wasn’t going to fit our needs. It was OK, but it wouldn’t... Read more