Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills

Reviews of Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills

March 19, 2018

By Michael

We chose Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills because it was closer to where my dad was living at the time. It was nice. I went to all the other places that were suggested to me and this one kind of financially helped with my dad's needs and it was very nice. The amenities were similar to where he was living before. They have a bus and they take you to a lot of places and to your doctors' appointments, and to places like the casino. They go on outings as well. Inside, they have a game room and a kitchen if you feel like cooking. The dining area is in a central location. I ate there one night and the food was really good. I thought it was better than where he was before. They are very helpful and want to know as much as they can about what his needs were. They're very attentive, and they're very nice, and I was quite impressed with that. They have movies, and they had a party one time that I didn't know anything about because we just moved in, but they came up and asked Dad if he wanted to go and we had some ice cream. People there play cards, they have a hairdresser on-site, and they have a Jacuzzi. The laundry facilities are really good. They check up on you all the time. If you want to participate, there are a lot of things to participate in. The food is kind of institutional. It's not like a fine dining restaurant, but it's better than the place he was in.
Hi Michael- It is with great pleasure I get to respond to your kind words. The team we have in place at Orchard Heights is phenomenal and strive to make sure our residents are well attended to in all facets of their day. Our team of caregivers are truly remarkable in what they do. Prestige at Orchard is a very special place to live and we are thrilled to see you think so, TOO! We are currently in the works on re-inventing our dining program and look forward to the changes in the future. Thank you Again, Tyler Mason

August 21, 2017

By Debbie

My mother moved into Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills on the 21st of July. It's only four miles from where I live. We looked at five other places, and I think this is the best one. It is very inviting, very nice, and very clean. The grounds are very presentable. They keep it up. When you drive in, it wows you. My mother is in a studio room that is very comfortable and very homey. All of her furniture fit in there. The staff is very caring. They have lots of activities for my mother to participate in, like bingo, cards, and bus trips.
Hi Debbie, Thanks so very much for your great review ! We are so happy to have your mother living with us at Southern Hills.....she is very special. It is wonderful to see her participating in some of our activities; I know this is what you hoped would occur with her admission to our community. She certainly enjoys sitting outside in the fresh air and watching all that goes on. She shares with me that she is so happy to see you more often and to also visit with her granddaughter and especially her great-granddaughter, Olivia. It has been a smooth transition for her and we are just so glad she came to live with us! Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts of Southern Hills!

September 19, 2016

By NJC006880

When we walked in at Southern Hills, I knew people liked working there because everybody we passed greeted us, and that’s something that did not happen at the other facility I visited. Everything seemed really great, and they had quite a few things to keep him busy. It was spotlessly clean. They showed us two rooms, and we were impressed. Their dining area was really nice, and the menu looked good. They had patios too.

September 07, 2015

By Bob81246150

I did visit Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills. It was a little bit more rundown than the other facility, and their rooms were a lot more expensive. The staff was great, and the facility itself was nice, but I just thought the rooms were not as nice as those in the other facility. Also, I didn't see a lot of people when we were there other than workers. They seemed very nice, but what I didn't like about this facility is that they required a very large non-refundable deposit.

October 05, 2013

My mother-in-law is in Southern Hills. I think this facility is nice. At that time, she needed more care, that's why her children brought her here to Southern Hills because they want a place that would handle my mother-in-law's medication for them. It's a facility that has more care than where she was before. The staff is very nice. They would call my mother-in-law by her name. The apartment that she's in right now has no kitchen. She has a little microwave but that's it. However, it has a bedroom, a bathroom, and a small living area. The apartment is enough for her, but it is not spacious. I did eat there and the food is okay and decent. What I like best about this community is that, even though it is assisted living, they still have some activities for their residents.

April 16, 2013

By Lynn12

My mother in law has been in three facilities and one of them is Southern Hills. She needed a place immediately so my son and sister in law did a lot of online research and spoke with people on the phone. Southern Hills offered more structure and guidance because she was not taking her meds like she was supposed to and she was having episodes. She needed to be in a place where they would monitor her. It's a nice place with nice rooms and staff. I've eaten there a few times and the food was okay. It has a kind of an apartment living atmosphere. She did okay there for awhile but then they said she needed a little more memory care and they didn't have that at that facility, not to the extent that she needed. They're affiliated and owned by the same people as Bonaventure so they moved her there. A lot of the staff, clients and actual residents from Southern Hills had moved to Bonaventure so she was able to move there and still know many people so that was good for her. I would recommend Southern Hills if you needed more care.

July 14, 2012

By DWRss

Have lived here for 3 1/2 months now and could not be happier with our deicision. Good food and plenty of it. Great activities and staff that meet our needs without any problems.

January 20, 2012

By caringheart@123

Grandmother has lived at Southern Hills for 6 years. I can sleep at night knowing that the staff look after her and are always there for her when she needs them most. I am a care provider myself professionally, and I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking assisted living services. The community is always clean and clean smelling.

August 25, 2011

By Marybeth2

Don't be swayed by the lovely public areas. When it comes to concern and care for it's residents, So. Hills will not do the simplest "extra" without adding hundred's of dollars to their bill. Their staff turnover must be in excess of 85% in a 1 year period. They clearly stated they had neither the time or the staff to check on the welfare of their redidents. Unless your loved one can pretty much take care of him or herself, avoid Southern Hills.

July 26, 2011

By doman

Resident care is not a priority at this facility. My mother lived there for 3 years. During that time, she lost weight and became very depressed. Management did not respond to my requests or concerns. When my mother became so ill WE had to rush her to the emergency room, the patient care coordinator blamed my mother for not pulling the call button. She made it clear to me that Southern Hills did not have the staff to check on the welfare of their residents. There is a large staff turnover. They had 3 directors and 1 interium director, 4 patient care coordinators, and at least an 85% turnover in other staff in 3 years. The rental rates are high and charges are made for services that most facilities include in their base rate. The public areas are quite lovely and well maintained but this is not the case with resident apartments. Carpets and windows are not cleaned regularly and my mother often waited a week for light bulbs to be replaced. Unless prospective residents can function independently and require little in the way of service, it is my opinion that Southern Hills will not meet their needs.

Costs for Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pharma

• Home Sale Assistance

About Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills

Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills offers seniors and their families a range of senior living and care services from our inviting community.

Living at Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills gives you the freedom to enjoy the activities you love most without worrying about the hassle of household responsibilities. From our restaurant-style dining services that offer an ever-changing menu of new and familiar meals, to a full calendar of events and activities that let you choose your desired level of activity, you're in control of selecting the care and services that are right for you.

Map of Prestige Senior Living Southern Hills