4 Assisted Living Facilities near Woodburn, OR
Also serving communities of Mount Angel, Silverton.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Woodburn area, with 3 in Woodburn and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Woodburn is $2,822 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 21 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Woodburn. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Woodburn 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Newberg with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Woodburn, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Woodburn, OR
1 Assisted Living Facility near Woodburn, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woodburn
Woodburn is proud of its floral heritage, and seniors who like gardening may enjoy the annual Wooden Shoe Tulip Fest, set amongst 40 acres of blooms. The city is also growing, with a population of around 25,000, and seniors making up 14.5 percent of residents.
There are three assisted living facilities in Woodburn providing accommodations to seniors, and another 31 in nearby communities, including Mount Angel and Newberg. In Oregon, assisted living facilities come under the general umbrella of Community-Based Care (CBC), and are licensed by the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woodburn
- Oregon has no sales tax, which leaves more money in the retirement budgets of all seniors. Individuals receiving Social Security Income will also not have to pay income tax, but money received from retirement accounts is subject to income tax.
- The Woodburn Transit System offers a fixed-route transport service throughout the Woodburn area. Seniors may also be able to access the Dial-A-Ride program that provides door-to-door transport for riders not able to use the fixed-route services.
- The temperatures in Woodburn are not extreme, with an average July high of 81 degrees, and January lows average 36. However, the city has precipitation, rain, hail, sleet or snow, an average of 107 days each year, and there are only 153 days of sunshine each year, over 50 less than the national average. Seniors may find the cloudy weather keeps them inside more than they'd like.
- Sperling rates Woodburn's cost of living at 109, compared to the national average of 100; however, this is mainly due to the high cost of housing. Seniors will find their groceries costs to be on par with national averages, and healthcare costs significantly lower, at 83, compared to the U.S. average of 100.
- The crime rate in Woodburn is higher than 73 percent of Oregon's other communities, which may be an issue for seniors concerned with safety. Violent crime occurs at a rate of 3.04 per 1,000 residents, slightly higher than the state average, however, property crime is slightly lower than the Oregon average, at 26.14 per 1,000 residents.
- The Woodburn area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in McMinnville.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woodburn
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Woodburn start around $2,822 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woodburn and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woodburn
Seniors in Oregon who receive Medicaid may be eligible for financial assistance through Medicaid Long-Term Care Services. This pays for long-term care costs, and seniors in a care setting may be eligible.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woodburn
Woodburn and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Woodburn, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woodburn
Woodburn-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Woodburn, OR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Woodburn
Review of Emerald Gardens
Emerald Gardens is a wonderful place. They go from assisted living to memory care, and after my mother's money runs out they go to Medicaid. They're wonderful people over there. It's neat, clean, a... Read more
Review of Emerald Gardens
I've been visiting Emerald Gardens for several years. The minute you walk in the door you're greeted with a smile. The staff treat their residents like family. I've never seen a staff member wal... Read more
Review of Country Meadows Village
They're very helpful at Country Meadows Village. The staff is very warm, welcoming, and caring. It's a really good place. I chose a one-bedroom, and my father likes it. It's clean and spacious. Read more