The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Canby, OR for 2023
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Canby area, with 3 in Canby and 10 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 49 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Canby. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Canby 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Oregon City with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Canby, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Canby, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Canby
Canby is home to the Clackamas County Fair and Rodeo, with local seniors and other residents heading there every August to deepen their ties to their community. Seniors can choose from four assisted living facilities in Canby, with another 19 available in nearby cities including Tualatin, Wilsonville and Oregon City. These assisted living communities all provide room and board within a safe, comfortable residential setting, with personal care services available that include medication management and help with the activities of daily living, such as dressing, grooming and bathing. In Canby and all of Oregon, all assisted living facilities are licensed by the state's Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Canby
- Seniors in Canby can enjoy relatively mild temperatures accompanied by plenty of rain throughout the year. While July and August are dry and warm, the rest of the year brings cloudy skies, with occasional freezing rain and snow during the winter.
- The cost of living in Canby is 26.9 percent higher than the average cost of living in the United States, making it a potentially costly choice for seniors on a fixed income.
- Canby has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Canby Adult Center, an organization that provides transportation to the center, fitness classes, low-cost lunches, a foot clinic, and help with legal and utility issues.
- The Canby Area Transit system runs buses throughout the city on weekdays, connecting to Portland's TriMet transit system at the Oregon City Transit Center. One route of the South Metro Area Regional Transit system also runs to Canby, and a ferry takes cars across the Willamette River to Wilsonville. Canby Area Transit operates a Dial-a-Ride service for those who can't access buses easily. Multi-trip discounts can help seniors solve money.
- The Canby area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Sanford Canby Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors can feel safe living in Canby, where the crime rate is 59 percent lower than the average national crime rate, and 64 percent lower than the average crime rate across Oregon.
Paying for Assisted Living in Canby
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Canby start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Canby and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Canby
Oregon is one of five states to provide its residents with a 1915(k) plan, also known as the Community First Choice plan, the K Plan, or the K Option. This program, funded by Medicaid, provides financial assistance to eligible, low-income seniors who are unable to pay for their assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Canby
Canby and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Canby, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Canby
Canby-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Canby
Review of Rackleff Place
My mother lived at Rackleff Place for 5 years. It is a wonderful community. My mother went from being ambulatory and able to engage in many activities to being bed bound near her end of life. The a... Read more
Review of Marquis Hope Village
My friend has moved into Marquis Hope Village. It's a beautiful and wonderful place to live. The people that work there are amazing. Everybody is so kind and friendly, and it's a great place. The f... Read more
Review of Rackleff Place
We would like to thank the staff at Rackleff for all they do. They are always willing to go the extra mile to take care of our needs and requests. We would like to thank Alex for his caring and l... Read more